Let's start incorporating skill points into Combat Rating

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lucious Langley, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Shadow Vlad New Player

2. Lucious Langley Well-Known Player

I'm assuming this is what you are saying should be the ER formula

Efficiency rating = (Combat rating + Skill points)/2

If not let me know
    • Like x 1
  3. SuperBell Loyal Player

I would say no just because it would be needless resources spent. Like you said, it's only 3 SP. No reason for it.
  4. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Get lucky on an alt with a feat and your main can have it, SP boosting into CR is not an alt specific thing. The original post mentioned nothing of an "efficiency rating" and was all about CR and SP

An efficiency rating can be viewed as what you have done or as what you have earned, the latter is with us as CR and that is as fine grained as the developers want it, the more you put into it, the more it can be used to exclude toons which have progressed less. The dev team wants for us to be inclusive, not exclusive.

The former would need to be your deviation from the average. So if the game collected stats on every instance run whether success or fail it can then calculate things like successful completion %, % times speed feat achieved, % of instance pick ups, % of instance objectives activated and so on. They'd then have to record your specific history and show if you were above, on or below average. The problem with this is people will then immediately call out for the A grade or platinum or whatever they call it players.

An efficiency rating as a personal and private metric I would support because it would allow under performing players to see where their play is most lacking and if they care, do something about it. Of course if they don't care then all this is irrelevant.
  5. Symonator New Player

CR rating means nothing anymore.
    Since it's all been glitched by people abusing certain raids.
    Something needs to be done about who really knows how to play the role.
    I am seeing people in t3 armour, with 2 or 3 pieces of traces in time, cr 90odd, probably about 50 sp, lol
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

i agree with OP but more likely every 75 sp = +1 cr!
  7. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Here´s why I think it´s a VERY bad idea:

It will push elitism to a new level.

See, there are obviously feats that speak about a player´s skill, such as the "In Prime Time" or "Leave Them" feats, and sometimes it feels that it should matter. But many others do not: for example, I am currently trying to gear up a new alt as fast as possible to hit T4 and start tanking those lvls. There are a lot of feats out there that I can do just by taking some time: races, investigations. explorations, completing storylines. At lvl 30, those only take TIME, not SKILL, and there are probably a good 6-7 skill points that come out of those feats.

A similar thing happens with the feat points from Iconic Styles. With the huge rewards from the monthly awards from T4 raids, once I get that alt to T4 (or with my other chars that are already there) I could abuse replays to get the monthlies from those raids continuously and stack another 3-4 skillpoints just by means of completing iconic sets that don´t require farming.

What I mean with this is, that "artificial" CR increase might make some people think that a certain player is better than other, when that said player has merely invested way more time and replays than the other. Therefore when DLC9 comes up, with your idea, the ludicrous CR requirements would go up again.

So I´d say no.
  8. Mary Bliss Committed Player

I was thinking I'd rather quit the game than grind skillpoints, UNLESS, the weapon innates went up dramatically.
    • Like x 1
  9. Deathmike Devoted Player

Let's not but say we did.

Deathmike out.
  10. Awesome Barney Well-Known Player

No....just no! Why would you want a higher combat rating for doing a flight through gotham, some booster golds and bird watching in the subway? That's got nothing to do with combat experience! So you can do races great! Let's see how you beat dox with that!
    it would make more sense to create a minimum on raids for CR + SP.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gunny New Player

Though I love the logic behind this idea, the issue is actually making several distinctions in each role that are important and then make them quantifiable. For example, just to get a relatively good idea on a particular Dps, you have the obvious one, how much raw damage they can do per second - but is that value for single target damage? Or several? im not even going to try to cover other factors in the dps role like damage per power in, survivability, etc.

even if you did succeed and find a widely accepted "DPS test" that measures strictly dps potential - not actual gameplay including sudden adjustments, obstacles, or survivability.... the only way it might possibly make it into the game is people would simply end up taking a simulated run of some sort, and their results would dictate their "role cr".

Although it may possibly be more efficient than CR specifically for DPS, it doesnt cover a great deal of other important factors. Even more of an issue, is DPS are the only ones such a test could be arranged for. DPS are strictly designed to respond entirely off killing NPC's, which means their ability can be tested without any interactions from other players. Trolling and healing depend on other players much more than their own ability. Tanking depends too much on a healer to be tested as well.

Though I love the idea of a more skill-related method of measuring a players effectiveness, the problem is it would take an enormous amount of insight and data both from the devs end and the community to develop something that would measure that. I think at that point there would be better things to fix in the game. For those who know me, for me to say something like that to this kind of idea really means something!

I think the best fix would probably be something visible to other players that takes noticeable time and/or skill to achieve. Gear used to fit that bill very well until replays. Sp can be hit and miss as a variety of things earn them, they are not visible, and frankly they are not too much of an impact on the game anymore. the proposed ideas above accomplish all of the points I make, but it probably can be done with something far less complicated.
  12. Gunny New Player

Double post....love my internet right now....
  13. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I understand. That's why I was asking.

For clarification, are you talking about full skill point fill in toward this goal in one weapon tree, some of them, or all weapons trees?
  14. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I felt like this since they started CR and I wasn't able to get into central city with 95 SP since I rarely did PvE back then. It seemed like a bogus stat then and even more so now.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Almost 40% of skill points come from pvp so where is this non skill in skill points coming from?
  16. Hero of Justice New Player

Skill Points are also not a particuarly good way of measuring skill, so this would likely result in unnecessarily higher community standards that would be pointless and would make mandatory a LOT of grinding. I doubt too many people are excited about that idea.
    • Like x 1
  17. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Why are people in this game making it their mission to associate sp with cr, or have an sp inspection. Goodness just play the game how you want. Cr is what you need to get into content, leave it at that. Make your ridiculously high cr goups if you want with the sp requirements you want. Enough of this add sp into so we can all see who is blah blah blah. I love grinding feats but that's for me and me alone, no one else needs to know what I have.
    • Like x 1