Stop changing rules mid-game!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankDma1962, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankDma1962 Well-Known Player

I don't know what's going on on the PC & PS4 side but the changes in the last two updates are pains.

I was leveling up a new character and was at Supergirl/Psycho mission. Saw Bizzaro was there & when a group started to attack I joined in. We finished him but come to find out I was credited for the bounty because you changed it to a Level 30 bounty, like the CC bounties. Ok, fine. I'll wait.

Now the seasonal comes out and I take a high level character through and was getting killed! Come to find out that ALL my armor & weapon was turned off because of the new PVP/PVE rule. Now I don't have room in my on-character inventory to carry the PVE version of the armor or if I even had it at the time. There should be a warning that tells you that you're entering an area where some of your equipment will be turned off & do you still want to enter at this time" so we can switch over to the right equipment before looking foolish in the middle of a fight.

I'm hoping this armory thing comes out soon so we change set up for stuff like this.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

There was plenty of warning on the forums that such changes were going to take place - you are an active member - so you are here quite a bit.
    Therefore, as the changes were announced well in advance then your thread title is irrelevant.
    • Like x 34
  3. Statman New Player

There's also the update notes on the character select screen that gets updated with game updates. It's likely listed there.

DCUO can change whatever they want mid game. If they didn't, the game would undoubtedly be highly broken.

It's one of those features that has been requested since the games launch, so why shouldn't it finally be put into the game? Just to save a little change?
    • Like x 2
  4. Solarstar New Player

You had an ample amount of time to have a PvE set made and yet you're complaining that this isn't fair?

In PvE, you're supposed to be wearing PvE gear; whereas in PvP, you should be wearing your PvP gear.

This is exactly the reason why there shouldn't even be PvP gear and Toughness in game.
    • Like x 8
  5. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I agree, I paid attention to the announcement regarding GU32 on test server and the notes associated and realized PvP was being phased out of PvE. Typically when I level a toon, I would use the PvP weapon, necklace and rings because the stats are better and do NOT reduce your Defense- unlike PvP armor. We are taught as we level and are bombarded with armor, that we should choose the ones with the better stats... and in the above case, those select items offer the best stats out of our offerings.

However, having read the notes, I went to the broker and bought the highest stat PvE weapon, necklace and rings available. I agree with this change wholeheartedly and hope it makes PvE players BETTER players and not hindrances in multiplayer missions now that they need PvE armor. The false believe that higher health will over come ZERO defense is ridiculous, especially as you progress and armor piercing comes into play.
    • Like x 1
  6. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Change is in the essential nature of all things.

I think Dr. Fate said that....

Or Buffy...I can never remember :)
    • Like x 5
  7. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Zero sympathy from me for people trying to over gear PvE content with cash bought PvP gear - which was introduced only recently, a "change in the rules" so to speak. Ah the irony. My advice, level your character at the proper difficulty and gear progression, as was intended, so you actually know what you're doing with that character when you hit end game. Stop taking advantage of the system and play the game. Good luck.
    • Like x 62
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Spytle, you yourself stated that you felt that taking PVE out of PVP would be too jarring. Are you really surprised that the opposite is jarring as well? I agree that those players should grab PVE gear and do the content as intended. But if you're sympathetic to one side, I really don't see how you didn't see the same effect coming from the other side.
    • Like x 2
  9. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Please don't misunderstand that statement, JEEBIE. We need to handle the PvE in PvP differently, so you can enter PvP with your character with what you have on. I do believe it is far to jarring to have to start PVP in your super birthday suit. We're going to take care of it, but we'll likely do the opposite of what we do for low levels in seasonal instances - or something similar. It'll just take us a bit longer to do it the way we think is best. Thanks for the patience, we know it is an issue the community cares about, and we're planning things now.
    • Like x 11
  10. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Also, buying cash PvP gear to level in PvP is not jarring. It's a choice people are making to exploit the seasonal gear in a way that was not intended. There are a few pieces people were using for different reasons, like weapons and the trinket. Weapons are beginning to be sold on vendors in dlc9, so that's not going to be an issue going forward. I'll talk to Tunso about the possibility of getting some PvE trinkets with breakout, but no promises and no eta until plans get ironed out.
    • Like x 15
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Couldn't the current PVP trinkets just become "breakout trinkets" and marked PVE? If PVE gear isn't going to be removed from PVP would it be an issue?
    • Like x 5
  12. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Thanks for the suggestion. It's certainly a possible option among many. As I said, we'll be talking about a bunch of them internally. When we decide on something, we'll get it in an update. Meanwhile, the content is completely playable without it.
    • Like x 5
  13. NorthernLad New Player

I have no sympathy for this either. Honestly, yes I have in the past purchased some PVP weapons, rings, etc. because that's all I had access to at that time, but come on now, all this crying and whining over this is beyond ridiculous.

PVE weapons drop ALL THE TIME, especially once you get to 30 and start running duos, alerts and raids. I played my T1 toon last night and ended up with 4 DIFFERENT types of PVE weapons that I could use (dual wield, staff, bow and one handed). That's not even couting the other three weapons that were for off role (i.e. tank and healer) that I sold for cash. This was simply running through the four T1 alerts one time a piece.
    • Like x 6
  14. Blazt Furnace New Player

Super Birthday Suit? How do we get that style? Does it look like this?

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  15. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

See, I don't even think it comes down to overgearing for a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it was for some people, but for others it was about hitting level 30 and being able to get a better version of my weapon/jewelry/mask without being a slave to the RNG. I'm one of those awful players who are committed to my character concept. I'm not going to use a shield with my mental controller, because she uses handblasters. It's part of her power and an integral part of her character. However, I also have pretty crappy luck for the most part. These pvp weapons, jewelry and masks filled a gap in my character progression. I have characters who were lucky enough to get Shades of the Rogue or something like that, and despite the drop in stats I'll use them. But more often than not I'm stuck using the pre-30 garbage drops for much longer than that, simply because no alternative arises. Weapons are even worse because not only do I need to get one to drop, but I then need it to be the right type of weapon. And that assumes I don't even care what role the weapon is.

It just feels like you guys are taking something away without filling the void. The PvP weapons, I believe, have been available to PvEers for a while. Even before these 77 dps weapons I'm positive I was getting 68 dps pvp weapons (still stronger than what I entered level 30 with). Now I end up being a slave to the RNG for items that really are essential to me running this content.

I know it seems like I'm complaining a lot about this and I probably am. But it would also be really easy to make me happy on this front. If I could get a basic suit of PvE gear, complete with mask, weapon and jewelry, in any role once I hit 30 that would be enough for me. It wouldn't have to be fancy in style nor would it need to be powerful (a basic suit of CR 30 gear). It's all about accessibility.
    • Like x 4
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

armories will fix your issues with the gear as i am constantly switching gear my self and want them badly, but you should no better than to wear pvp gear in pve instances as your wearing paper and no use to your group.
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there is nothing jaring about going to a vendor and buying PVP gear for in game cash.... NO PVE gear should be allowed in PVP period. the boat should row both ways no PVE gear in PVP no PVP gear in PVE and with armories whenever we finnaly get them will solve the holding it all in your inventory problems or having to switch gear and everything in between content. stay true to the path same rules for all

edit ok i saw were you said about buying pvp gear later comment retracted :)
    • Like x 1
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

There is a lvl 30 suit for 1 mark each. They are sold by a vendor in each wing. 3 diff styles. They do not have a weapon or the jewelry/mask.

And when Spytle says "quite recently" in their terms it is. In our terms it's like 9 months. I'd have to guess that any player that hasn't gotten past the point where PVP gear helped them by this point, probably started more recently than 9 months ago. So these players that are doing it probably never saw a time when it couldn't be done. I have used it on my alts, but I also get to t3 where it stops being useful in a week.

And Spytle, I agree with what you're doing. People should be going through the content as intended. Just I think it's understandable for people who don't keep up witht he announcements to be going WTF right now. They logged in and their gear doesn't work...
    • Like x 1
  19. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  20. twist New Player

Wow. I've defended this guy for his snarky answers when he has been attacked on here, but this is just over the line. He was playing the game, using items that you guys put in the game, things that were WORKING AS INTENDED. Instead of being so backhanded you could have given a well reasoned answer without insulting him, but oh no. The real irony here is I doubt he will take your advice and "just play the game".
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.