Did you guys actually know there were serious benefits of PvP gear in PvE?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Peacemakaz, Dec 17, 2013.

1. twist New Player

My low level toons used the weapon. This will be missed.
  2. B0NE DADDY Well-Known Player

Simple solution for PvP cry baby's seperate PvP entirely from the game. Simple and you dont have to hear people cry about " his power is stronger than mine " and no more ridiculous nerfs. Problem solved
    • Like x 1
  3. MetalMario Loyal Player

Um no. This neglects the efficiency of healing you. I don't know/remember the difference in stats between T4 pvp and T5 pve so I can't really assess you r statement about the gains in precision and might being marginal. It's a non-issue now since you don't have the option to use pvp gear in pve instances now, but to accurately reflect the benefits of wearing pve or pvp gear you would have to weight defense twice and weight the stats difference at least once.
    • Like x 1
  4. Feenicks New Player

But they had this system long before replay badges were even dreamed of.
    • Like x 1
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, honestly, it's pretty ridiculous. Of course, I've advocated for a unification of gear in the past and gotten blasted for it. The criticism usually comes from predominantly PvP players who don't seem to want those dirty PvE folks coming into their PvP with raid gear. So, what we get is folks who stick mainly to PvP and folks who stick mainly to PvE. Those who spend a lot of time in both are few and far between, because of the time required. I just don't get it. There are many on these forums who also complain about PvP being dead because no one queues anymore. Getting into 8s takes forever, if the queue pops at all. If you want to PvP, you're mostly going to be doing 4s nowadays. If they would just unify the gear, I would wager it would increase the number of folks who play in the PvP phase (I know I would) and who PvP in general. But, what do I know? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. Entity Committed Player

lol yea somewhat but also not really because even specing into all you Defense yould only have 250 overall and youll get one shot before you can do anything. Also im Ice
  7. Feenicks New Player

I supporrt unification of gear. I hardly PvP mainly because I grind enough on the PvE side for gear. It doesn't seem atrative enough to regrind to get the PvP gear.
  8. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

The bug reports I can understand but the pain should be really short lived. PD/Nightclub vendors have IL 28 PVE weapons if you are under 53 CR and there is CC weapons if you are 53CR or higher.

If over 43 CR then Oan/Star Labs will provide weapons at the halfway point.

It will be a scramble but not as bad as it first may seem.
  9. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

While I agree to a point with having one set of gear....there have always been 2 sets of gear, so the replay's for money isn't why...we haven't always had replays
    • Like x 1
  10. SilverwingsZOE New Player

My past experience as nature healer doing T3 content with full T4 healer armor with people wearing PVP armor on Arkham alert a year ago,wasted around 8 sodas cause they were taking tons of damage and we nearly wiped at the end because they were just standing like idiots above Freezer ice crystals.Don't get me started when I went to Hive with 3 more people wearing PVP gear,took me nearly one hour to get it done cause they were noobs and as healer I did more damage than them together.

My current experience doing T3 alerts with T3 dps armor 80sp against a dps with Vengeance armor,damage was pretty much the same,we had no troll so I was just using bow and very few skills (mental still eats too much mana) the other guy with PVP armor was just jumping here and there straining the healer,we wiped at the final encounter of Coast City,he started to activate all the batteries and I kicked his sorry six over.Even worse is what happened on BG,Themy and Waywhatever Souls ops,effin healer with PVP armor getting oneshotted here and there and not healing at all,so yeah I'm happy that they are removing PVP armor from PVE,not so happy regarding "that trinket" since annoying mobs and bosses are getting immunities which is just too wrong,especially if they don't address their bugs first.

Grodd only knows how many times Bane,Wags and whatever mobs didn't feint a move and switched from ranged to bb or to blocking while doing combos only to get my sorry six punished by it,yet most of them are not immune to our blocks,nor we can't punish them with blocks or lunges,or how many times Piper or other controlling stuff forced me to breakout 5 times in a row wasting my entire bar only to get punished for trying or getting stuck by their controlling effects,yet if a Mental troller or dps uses a terror skill against a mob and an Hard Light tries to do the same against it the control effect will not work,but if 5 lions inside Catwoman challenge decide to control you with their shout they can do that whenever they want and you will not gain any immunity from it
    • Like x 1
  11. Mirai Well-Known Player

Yes, I'm afraid all I'll be able to do is point people to the PD/nightclub vendors.

Strangely enough, I managed to get a blue CR34 hand blaster from the broker recently. I've never seen one of those before.
  12. Torqz New Player

The rings and necklace aren't really replaceable until T4+, even the CC rings/necklace aren't quite as good.
  13. TheRealDeathern New Player

Ohhhhh, too little credit to the dev team on your part I believe.

While true both sets of gear have always existed, whose to say replay badges didn't always exist too? Why weren't they originallly released with the game along with both sets of gear? Too little content. The last thing devs wanted was someone to run through the game quickly and quit, so replays were held out until enough content was developed to keep players interested, even if they replayed.

These are, after all, very bright individuals who always think outside the box, certainly we can agree on that, so holding something back from release isn't beyond reason, is it?
  14. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

That may be entirely true that they had those replays in their back pocket, however I can only go on the facts presented and at launch replays weren't available, so your argument is partially flawed. Now I do believe that the only reason we have replays is to for them to make money, i'm not arguing that point.
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

What was your Healing In on those runs versus Healing In on runs where you were in PVE gear?
  16. Tweek New Player

No pvp trinkets in pve. I cant count the times that the breakout saved many a raid instance alert. The block breakout did not work everytime ( in fact I broke my last shift button on my keyboard trying to break free) But I could always rely on my pvp trinket for breakout. I see many a wipe in the future.
  17. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Well just did the seasonal event and of course a DPS was in PvP gear

Folded up like a soggy napkin. The moment a line of sight issue for the healer he died.

Painful to watch
    • Like x 2
  18. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

hmmm I foresee lots of lower level players making the foray into the Khandaq walk in to find the treasure chest. That sometimes has IL 40 weapons.
  19. Mirai Well-Known Player

Not necessarily the right weapons, though. A weapon drop doesn't do much good if it's the wrong role, or if it's a weapon type that you struggle with. Personally, I'd have a rough time getting by without a hand blaster, although I could do okay with a shield.
  20. Intense Action Sequence New Player

If you PvE, you should be rewarded for PvEing.
    If you PvP, you should be rewarded for PvPing.

The problem is that they do not reward PvErs with weapons often enough early on.