Season's Greedings Returns This December!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 5, 2013.

1. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

The year of the hack, didn't we get the Valentines event in April? Stranger things have happened.
  2. xmac17x New Player

Soooooooo I'm going on vacation soon and I won't be back home till Jan. If you guys ever do this event as promised... than I'm going to miss out on Christmas this year. Geeeee Thanks... bah humbug!
  3. nogimmick New Player

on a positive note...

i wonder if i can get that sweet flatscreen yule log low enough on the wall so i can get it behind my deluxe fireplace. that big one with the little pyramid of logs in the middle that doesn't have a back to it (if i had a pic i'd post it). i always thought the base pieces would look so much better if there was some sort of element of "life" to them--IE, aquarium has fish, candelabra and ritual circle have flickering flames. i was really hoping the "deluxe" fireplace had a nice roaring flame to it, but nope---big empty box with some wood at the bottom. here's hoping that the flatscreen idea works out....

picked out a nice spot to set up the christmas gear. ideally, i'll be saving up enough for a couple more aquariums to move over to the side of my basement and have a nice cheery festive spot in the main room down there.
  4. mistersting New Player

My connection problem finally seems fixed, so I'm ready. Bring it on!
  5. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

So, next Tuesday?

IA ARMY
  6. Ikyotojin2 New Player

I just want the style stuff
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are wrapping up testing on GU 32 and will get it live as soon as possible.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jamie New Player

So are you saying that you believe that there will only be a few more days of testing or that you are working on the last few issues and then submitting it to PSN?
  9. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Just remember mepps said in an earlier thread it will be this week....just be patient
  10. ChloeAnnRose New Player

How long do you figure it will run ? I want to get all the styles, base items and feats before it is over without having to rush through it in 2 weeks and spend $100 on replay badges that I don't have :( I hope it runs for at leat 3 weeks as around x-mas day I, like most people, won't be around for at least 3 days.
  11. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

I have no sympathy to all these people who's going to month-long vacations and crying out loud missing the event because of that. First world problems, if you ask me. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

I seen a post about the event lasting as normal. The event is not suppose to be cut short because of it's launch being delayed.
  13. Jamie New Player

They also said that the seasonal would be released early December. It's hard to be patient when the release date keeps changing. If they would have said mid-December then I wouldn't be trying to get a better answer. After seeing how a few of the last updates went I'm sure that the first week that the seasonal is released we will see several hotfixes (my guess is five) and then I'll be gone for a week and really only have 1 good week to try for the feats.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Agreed...I saw the same thing...all I know is I'm holding mepps to what he said earlier in this thread...he said it will be out sometime this week
    • Like x 1
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Last year, it dropped on December 11th.

Today is December 12th.

I'm going to say it's a little early to be complaining about it being late ... and Mepps has already said that the Event will run its full time no matter when it's released (three weeks).
  16. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

I don't know what I would do if mepps lied...I couldn't really do anything but yell in all CAPS...so mepps if u don't want me to yell at u in all caps...then get this update out this week like u said...lolol
    • Like x 1
  17. Dr. Funk New Player

Man, I know MMO players are traditionally a demanding bunch, but DAMN guys.... They have like, three decently sized updates with it, another DLC almost ready to roll out with more already in development, and a phone app to boot. I for one am glad that they still give us a seasonal.
  18. Jamie New Player

Here is my issue - they stated that the seaonal would be released early December. They are already late. They chose to delay the seasonal in order to include it with GU32. The DLC could still be over 3 months away. We don't know when the app will be released. When you say you will have something done by a certain time you need to do it otherwise customers get mad.

If I tell my customers that I'll have something done by the end of the week and I don't they will be pissed and can make my life a living hell until I complete it. I have no issue with the dev's giving vague answers like it the DLC will be released in winter but if it isn't released before March 21st I will be complainng about being lied to. If I think I can have something done by Wednesday I will tell them I'll have it to them by Friday. I've never had a customer complain about getting something early.
    • Like x 2
  19. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Same here I'm leaving in a week and a half and won't be back till after New Years.
    Ive never done the event before so my guess is I won't complete all the feats and doubt I'll collect the base items and if I do it will be just in time to decorate my base for January when Xmas is over. Which is about the same time I'll be taking down my Xmas stuff in my own "real life" apartment.
    Fail devs .....fail.
  20. Waterfall Well-Known Player

I know people are excited to get this update, for the power changes and seasonal stuff, I know I am. But I think being mad at the dev team for not releasing the content before it is ready is not warranted. I personally (and I think most people secretly feel the same way) would much rather have them delay the update if it is required to get it to a solid working state. The other option is to push the update out in a condition where there are a ton of bugs. And I think the dev team would get a lot more backlash from the seasonal event disconnecting everyone constantly (like it did a previous year) then if they were to delay a week or two.

So while I know it is not fun waiting for something you really want, please keep in mind that no one wants the alternative. Plus they did already say the event will run the full length regardless of when it starts.

BTW, I do agree however that they should not have given a time frame of early dec, or sometime this week. Because that is guaranteed to upset people if that is not met.
    • Like x 2