Mid-Game Crisis Need Help / Advice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PhoenixTanker, Dec 7, 2013.

1. PhoenixTanker New Player

After being more off than on for a bit over a year now I can finally dedicate more time to DCUO. So today, I'm rollin with my Cr Lv. 70 Hard-Light (HL) controller, having fun giving power to the people, when suddenly I didn't want to play HL controller anymore. It's just so counter intuitive at the Tier-4 Lv. to have a melee based blue-bar healer. Sometime I think HL would have made a better tanking class but that's another story. I'm here to ask the community for help and advise as what to do. I enjoy watching the power-over-time (pot) numbers roll out and fade away, all the while sneaking in an instant recharge. But the fact that I have to pop my shield, especially in raids, to do a pot is slowly turning me off. I am starting to think I should roll dps with my HL controller and make another controller. Is that a good idea? If so, what is an optimum controlling class where I won't feel like a tanking or dps?

Also, I have been thinking about dabbling into the world of healing. So far, I have tried every healing class except the sorcery. I am very impressed in what I have seen thus far. The one stand out right now is celestial. Now I am not sure if I saw this correctly but I was able to both hot and pot with one of the supercharge powers. Was I seeing that correctly or did someone just pot at that same time that I hot? Anywho, what is the ideal healing class for solo healing? Also, what is the most robust healing class?
  2. shadwfyre New Player

Celestial does fantastic healing AND damage at the same time. It's a healer and a dps rolled into one
    A good nature healer can do a little more healing but nowhere near the damage.
    A good electric healer will do less healing than a nature healer but more damage.
    A sorcery healer is just screwed right now . . . . my poor sorc :(

Look at the thread on the solo dps. The celestial healer did over 3 million healing & over 1.25 million damage!
  3. BrownMamba New Player

Why not clip Claws/Boxing Gloves with recharge. Problem solved
  4. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

If you like troll I would suggest trying quantum, to me it feels a bit like gadgets but with a 100% better crowd stun. I play melee for everything but the T5 group content where I use DP, I already have the min pts for the innates in DP which is enough to be very effective for ranged trolling.
  5. TripleC123 New Player

I think yes, try DPSing with Hard Light, Quantum has had very good reviews as a troller, and I love healing so I won't be subjective but Celestial has been a favorite because it works. I use Nature, but whatever you want to use is your choice.
  6. twist New Player

Quantum hands down has the best crowd control/stuns. And right now Celestial is King of the Universe for healing.
  7. The Hornet New Player

1. Hard Light would have made really cool tanks. Looks like this may be in the works, though, with rage-based powers.
    2. The troll powers, IMO, are the best/most fun among the three power types. There's really not a bad one. I'm partial to mental, always will be, but if I rolled a new non-mental troll today I'd go quantum. It looks cool, it's a cool concept, and quantum tunneling is awesome (pro-tip, tunneling-trolls are real M'F'ers in 1v1s). Quantum also has great stuns, the chief downside for me is, quantum shields are incredibly hard to see through.
    3. Celestial is a lot of fun, and it's by many accounts going to be even stronger in the healing department post-GU 32.
  8. TripleC123 New Player

This is why I want Celestial powers....
  9. PhoenixTanker New Player

Thanks for the advise everyone I really appreciate it.
    Just so you all know that I took your advice I made both Celestial and Quantum power that are lv. 30 now. Let me just say, honestly speaking, I wish I could play them both at the same time. This is the break I needed from Hard-Light but it is a shame that I can not account share gear. More less account share skill points lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Phoenix; I know how you feel.

I had created a Lantern toon to play with my friends when they started playing DCUO.... but I quickly hated the PoT of the Lantern power.

As soon as I got to level 30 and played a few 4 man missions.... I created my Magneto toon instead and figured I would play my Lantern to DPS instead.

No need to clip PoT with anything when you play Mental.... or Quantum for that matter. You just use your PoT power.... and voila. And heck..... I got used to using mt Telekinesis not only for PoT... but to get a healing barrel also.

No need to go and pick up a barrel now..... just using TK and the barrel comes to you. Love this.

If not for the PoT.... my Lantern toon would probably have become my main character at the time. Loved playing a Green Lantern.

But instead.... Magneto became my main from that point.

It happens.

I keep on wondering why they made the Lantern PoT the way they did?? Who in their right mind thought that is would be a good idea to have your Lantern go into melee when needing to throw PoT??

Makes no sense to me. :confused:
    • Like x 1