Wrong to use soders in Lair Battles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Enickma, Dec 7, 2013.

1. xxxCreedxxx New Player

Agree with everyone else. If you got em, use em. If they were not meant to be used why did the Devs give them to us?
    • Like x 1
  2. Breakforce Loyal Player

I literally have no clue what you are rambling on about, but if they were openly associating who they are, then they weren't exactly hiding.

I am not sure what happened to you that has made you so upset, but I do feel pity for you.
    • Like x 1
  3. twist New Player

Bro! You cheated! You took a soda! Waaaaaaaa Waaaaaa Waaaaaaa! This always makes me bust out laughing. :)
    • Like x 2
  4. Magical Reset Committed Player

Soders are perfectly fine. That's just someone feeling sore about losing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Statman New Player

Does the loss gain you any progress to your feats? No. I say use them, even in duels. Someone else wants to be a baby about it? Let them, they're the ones that need to grow up.
    • Like x 1
  6. uXix Committed Player

Funny thing is that the opponent complains about soder use only when they lose.
    • Like x 1
  7. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Soders are fine in both lair and in duels really. I don't use them in duels unless whoever I'm fighting does. But the 1v1 rule of no soders was made back when there were no duels. Just villains vs heroes, and there were no feats involved. It was only for fun. It's an archaic community made rule. It really should be ignored at this point. Unless you have come to an understanding with whoever you're dueling before hand.
    • Like x 2
  8. RawR New Player

Even if it was a duel, the damn thing is there for a reason. Not that I use them but I'm not going to cry if the other guy used it and I chose not to. Up to you if you want the challenge. If you where fighting a boss as last man standing, (or solo instance) the boss and you were almost dead would you not heal or accept the challenge? Whats wrong is grown folks crying over something like this.
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

If U've got'em - use'em.

Any arbitrary rules made up by sore losers - as opposed to implemented in the game by the Devs, or agreed on before-hand - should only be laughed/shrugged at.
    • Like x 1
  10. ADG New Player

I use whatever I can and here is why. Aside from just being a load-out power, I tend to get demolished by people that don't conform to my idea of fairness. As it turns out, my idea of fairness has nothing to do with reality. The game allows it and the people I go up against tend to do whatever it takes to win. And if they lose, it seems they did everything they could, giving it their "all."

As for talking trash, I was called "Home-turf Trash" for using back-up. I knew the person I beat that was insulting me. It was a bit disheartening to be insulted and put down by someone I had run with before just because I won the 2v2 lair battle we were in. After the hoard of insults, I wish now I had reported, she/he challenged me to legends where they assured me I could not cheat and fight like trash to win. Of course you can clearly see the flaw in that person's argument by challenging me to a fight where they will use the one legend they will have mastered and hope I am not as good as they with whatever I choose.

I would point out that they are mad because they lost. If they had won, they would have not felt sorry for anything they had to do to win. The only thing that angers me about losing is when the winner rubs it in with insults and mockery. Winning with grace is awesome for both parties involved, as is losing with grace. Some people just don't get it.

Enjoy the game and the things it will let you do to accomplish the task. The idea of fairness beyond what the game allows is "player-made." If you find players that want to agree to that, it is what it is. If this person thinks they know what being mad is, invite them to play in legends with someone that has mastered Steel. Then they will be crying on a whole new level.
    • Like x 1
  11. ADG New Player

It is odd to me a that a supply drop happens in a lair battle. I don't mind them so much. But if it were painted to make since in terms a story, it would not make since a supply drop is flown in and lands on you exactly at the point of your conflict, within your apartment.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Hornet New Player

Soders are fair game for 1v1. Henchmen/Backup/Sidekick/Accomplice? You're entitled to use them in a 1v1, but I'm going to think less of that guy/gal as I'm mopping up The Honey Hole™ with their toon's face. I feel like orbitals and supply drops are fair game.
  13. Zuse Loyal Player

its wrong to block in 1v1 too

no joking i have been pmed on my villain that i have been blocking too much :p
    • Like x 3
  14. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yup - this happens.

Seriously - with some players, it's often less hassle to just let them win...
    • Like x 1
  15. TormentorX Well-Known Player

I think its funny how worked up people about this stuff. If is in the game you can use it. If you can't keep up because somebody uses a better soda than you then: lose the match and queue for another... Its not like queue times for 1v1 are long. The other day I was playing a 2v2 and I was getting owned then my partner (PUG) took the time to stop fighting to send me a tell spouting expletives and then we lost. But then I just queued for another and won. People get so angry about this stuff but when you start getting there put the controller down and walk away. To the OP: if you have the soders use them if you have the supply drops use them, same with orbital strike. Unwritten rules are specifically” unwritten”. Don't worry about it. Someone will always complain and the Devs will change what they see fit.

P.S. IMO: If you randomly ninja invite a duel, you get what you get :) soders, supply drops, henchmen, sidekicks, mrboo. Etc
    • Like x 1
  16. ADG New Player

They are powers usable in the loadout, just like soders. Thinking less of anyone for doing what they can to win is silly. Would you apologize or feel less of a person for doing what you thought you should to win? No.
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The same with Orbital Strike lol The entire city would be leveled.
    • Like x 1
  18. twist New Player

So see? I've read posts now where some well respected players feel that sodas are ok but not orbital drops. Orbital drops are okay but not sidekicks. LoL. It just begs the question, if it's in the game why isn't it "fair"? I guess it's up to each individual to decide. I'll just say that if I am in a duel and I lose I don't cry about it. Period. It is, after all, just a game...
    • Like x 1
  19. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Enickma; When they pay for my sub, Then they can tell me how to play my own game! I use sodas anywhere I want, You should too!
    • Like x 3
  20. Clutch Committed Player

That's the rule I go by too just because I don't really care about duel losses and don't feel like dealing with the drama afterwards. That said, I've had times where I got yelled at because I used a supply drop AFTER my opponent used a soda. Sometimes shields get me in trouble too. It doesn't matter with some people. They look for any excuse instead of just accepting the loss.
    • Like x 2