Premium Plus Level?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by twist, Dec 7, 2013.

1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

All things that are intended..... They want you to have to go through someone who is paying monthly or by going with another microtransaction (like the entire premium tier is modeled after) and getting an escrow boost.
  2. Poetic Play Committed Player

It's a viable possibility, wouldn't hurt the game.

That being said... They won't do it.

P.S. Not one of these Legendary members saying they would switch to Premium, actually would. :p Guaranteed.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ghostof91 New Player

As far owning all DLCs I see nothing much difference between F2P and Premium money wise .
  4. Hero of Justice New Player

Sorry OP, but there's no chance this will get implemented. Four different access levels would be too many, not to mention the devs have said multiple times they are happy with the system as it currently stands. In addition, a lot of Legendary users would see no point to continue subbing and would just go Premium +.
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

Not really. Unlike most of the cash cap QQ'ers , he gives an actual solution and alternative. Offering an idea, instead of complaining about a current one
    • Like x 1
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

well there is a MINIMUM 5 dollar difference...
  7. twist New Player

Yes, I understand the business model of the cash cap. I'm just trying to think of a way to allow people who have been paying their dues faithfully all these years to continue playing part time. This might not be the answer, there may not be one. Maybe a requirement of 3, 4 or even 5 years of continuous Legendary status? As a prerequisite? That would certainly be an incentive to go Legendary.
    • Like x 1
  8. Little Sister New Player

Ugh, just sub.
  9. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Agreed.

It sounds semi-plausible to me...

Buying ALL the DLCs and having to keep buying them would bring in a degree of income almost as reliable as a sub. After all, you can drop a sub when it's up, but you'd still have to buy all the DLCs.

So I could drop the $10 - $15 per month, but would have to spend close to $100 to get the DLCs to be Premium Plus...
    Not exactly a sufficiently appealing option to kill subs, imo...
    After all, how many subscribers also buy the DLCs?

But, not my choice to make.
    • Like x 2
  10. Hero of Justice New Player

I think that the thing that would hurt the subs would not be the amount of money spent to get to it, but the fact that Legendaries would hate the increased cash cap and see it as devaluing their subs.
  11. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

Im going to say the same thing I say every time one of these threads pops up. NOT UNTIL LEGENDARY GETS MORE BENEFITS ADDED TO IT. You dont deserve more benefits until those who support the game more than you get some too
  12. Geek ManXY New Player

I'm Legendary, I bought ALL DLC and decided to go Legendary so that I could make a league, It's nice having all of the features, but $15 every month for me AND my wife is not worth the few benefits you get. I can permanently buy Bank and inventory slots. the only thing really that you get with Legendary is Lock box unlocks (Which are pretty much useless), 150 monthly replay credits and the unlimited Cash cap. I COULD and WILL make due with 2k cash, but it would be nice to have a PERMANENT Cash Cap increase like they do with Bank and inventory in the marketplace because I would love to have at least 15k cash limit so I can buy anything in the stores without having to bug other players.

I have another month of Legendary and will make use of it playing like I have been, testing things on the test server, and when my time is up I will still enjoy the game, it's just as fun when you're premium, it's just frustrating because there is not much money to repair with, that's my biggest complaint really is the repair crap in raids. You can only repair maybe once in nexus with the 2k cash limit if you die on a boss.

I would like to either see a Cash Cap increase for people who have bought all the DLC, or at least have the game changed a little so that your armor didn't take damage and no longer needed to be repaired. Your armor doesn't take damage from PVP, I think it should be the same way for PVE. That would make me happy.
    • Like x 1
  13. Al Mandrake New Player

Only that won't happen because a lot of the same people that always bash Premiums in similar threads also scream bloody murder in threads about making Legendary more appealing. Basically they just like to shout down any ideas that are not their own.
    • Like x 2
  14. Aesthete Well-Known Player

I know just buy escrow withdraw from marketplace if you got all that money to buy all dlc's instead of just getting legendary and your problems are solved.

END OF THREAD.
  15. Couzintony New Player

My whole problem with premium is u get the status by paying a minimum of 5 bux... So even though you've spent 500 bux on the game n don't have the 15 dollars for ur sub at the time ur sub is up ur with all the ppl who just played 5 bux....
    I just think there should be another lvl for it since 1000bux n 5 bux is the same for premium....
    But I also like the idea of a legendary plus type deal... 20 bux er 25 bux a month for pretty much double what ya get as legendary... So u could go to the shiiity vault twice a day n get 1000 loyalty when u get ur sub.... N what not....
  16. twist New Player

You obviously don't read "these threads", but instead just type your standard response. I am and have been Legendary since launch. I'm not going through the whole speech again...just...you know what, never mind. I had an idea, that's all. You know one added benefit for Legandary might be that if you are legendary for a certain length of time, say 3, 4, or 5 years you would qualify for this level.
  17. Goony New Player

look at it this way guys, you pay $5 for 1 week of unlimited money, or you pay $15 for 30 days of unlimeted money, its not really about more benefits or anything else with legendary over premium. only thing i wish you could do as a legendary is buy the dlc while subbed up.
    • Like x 2
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I don't know if creating another access level is the right decision, but I do know that giving to independent access to components to those who own the content which drops the plans that require said components is a must. I think the easiest option from a technical, marketing and business stand point, which would not only address vendor issues, but all issues pertaining to being unable to access high end content after paying for it, is to increase the cash cap by a fixed sum (in the region of $500-$2000) per DLC purchased.

I know Fester has said he'll unsubscribe immediately if that happens. Well, good. Instant $80 (or whatever with promotions) for SOE in order to gain access to all content you currently have access to. But you've said yourself you're lazy and your time is more important, so it won't be long before you're putting more money into the game in order to make life convenient for yourself again. You'd probably resubscribe instantly once you realise an increase wouldn't help you out at all.

Most people who play the "Subscriptions will drop" card seem to be forgetting that they would need to shell out money for each DLC in order to see an increase. The cost of 8 DLC packs at RRP is greater than 6 months of Legendary, too. Not to mention, no more replay badges or loyalty points to spend on marketplace items. With T6, Feat Point cloning and Armories on the Horizon, to say you're not going to need those perks to get those items is outlandish.

An increase to the Premium cash cap does not mean removal of the cash cap for Premium players. A cash cap will still exist and will still require additional purchases in order to access. Something necessary if you don't want to farm or you wish to purchase high value items off Broker. The perk remains and isn't taken away from you, unlike when they took rings/necklaces out of Lockboxes and made all lockbox items tradable (the point being they've done worse things to the Legendary subscription).

From a marketing stand point, one of the most frustrating things a non-subscriber faces in the game is the cash limit. Marketing DLCs as not only new content, new powers and new Legends characters but as a $X increase to your cash limilt suddenly makes crap DLCs like Last Laugh and irrelevant DLCs like DLC1, attractive to buy.

An increased cash cap would also mean Premiums who own the content are able to sell things at a higher price on Broker. Allowing them to build their escrow quicker. The quicker they can build Escrow, the sooner they will need/want to access it, thus increasing sales on Escrow passes.

Conclusion is, sure, some people may unsubscribe, but whatever. They'll miss their perks. None of which are being taken away by a small increase to the cash cap with every DLC a Premium player purchases. They'll also have to pay if they want any replay badges or anything of marketplace. If they don't wish to, they'll just subscribe again. Not to mention $80 on all the DLC packs to receive this increase (which is more than 6 months of Legendary). Any money lost will be clawed back from Premium players who would be attracted to purchase additional DLC in order to increase their cash cap and on Escrow unlocking due to being able to build their balance more quickly.

It wouldn't be a bad thing for business or the players.
    • Like x 2
  19. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

You mean like if you drop your sub or something, im just a bit confused about your idea sorry.
  20. FESTER665 Devoted Player

All your time spent writing yet another novel and yet you still seem to have problems READING or COMPREHENDING what I say..... YES, a million times over myself (and many others) would drop from premium to legendary if the wallet cap were raised or changed to a point I didn't feel inconvenienced by it.

$80 instantly would NEVER happen. I've been paying monthly for the game for almost three years now. I got FFTL for free from when they went FTP, I'm DONE with feats from about two of the other DLC's, and am not big into PvP so I wouldn't likely buy Last Laugh. So this $80 instant nonsense you talk about is not even remotely close to happening. If they said "Premium now have a 20k wallet cap starting today" they would get $10 for OC and that's if they're lucky. As busy as I am with work right now I would likely wait till WoTL came out and buy it.

I never once said I was "lazy". I've said my time is valuable to me and that legendary suit my playstyle because of this. When I'm working 50+ hours a week at my job and then working 20 hour weekends at my own company to get it off the ground, I want to PLAY the game when I have time to log in. Not spend time farming to trade, not sell colas to repair, not ask friends to make me mods in the game for pieces of gear, etc.

Lazy.... Pffft. Farthest thing from lazy, but nice try.

If anything the premium players begging for more money are lazy. You don't want to pay money into the game by subscribing, then you have to use WORK arounds. Go spend some time each week in game farming and trading to get the things you need. Don't want to work for them, then that's on you.