DCUO is approaching its 3 year Anniversary. What have been your favorite Raids, Alerts, etc.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by aceCase, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TripleC123 New Player

You know I really liked the changes made to DCUO. The missions not overtaking your Mission Log and being assigned Missions to keep the flow going. It's very enjoyable.
  2. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Favorite Raid: FoS2. Required thought, teamwork, and crowd control.
    Favorite Alert: Inner. Taking a challenging Raid and turning it into an Alert later really gave a feeling of "yeah... I'm getting there."

Don't really have a favorite Duo or Solo...

BUT, I also love the CC Bounties!
  3. MercPony Devoted Player

Favorite Raids: FoS 3, Gates of Tartarus, and Prime Battleground
    Favorite Alerts: Smallville, Oan, and Trigon's Prison
    Favorite Duo: Flashback
    Favorite Solo: None
    Favorite Bounty: No real preference, all are fun in their own ways xD
  4. twist New Player

Good Work OP! Can I say I've loved most of the game?
    Favorite Raid: Gates
    Favorite Alert: LOA
    Favorite Duo: (this one is tougher) but I'll say Subway just because you get an extra 25 MoT
    Favorite Challenge: Star Labs
    I love that we finally got new maps and content (wastelands and T5 duos and Trigon's Prison)- been waiting a long time for that.
  5. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

My favourites:

Mentor (and leveling missions) - Superman. Love the 5/15/30 parts of the meta story line.

Solo - Gotham University Warehouse. Even though Catwoman seems to cheat with the combat mechanics, absolutely my favourite challenge mode.

Duo - Shady Nightclub. Love the variety. Love healing during it.

Alert - Gorilla Island. Devs! Why you no show Gorilla Island some love?!

Raid - Kahndaq. It's the only raid I can stand.

Seasonal - Christmas. Hands down the most fun.

Bounty - Kordax. I had solo'd Weather Wizard and Zoom before I successfully solo'd Kordax. So satisfying when I finally beat him.

DLC - Lightning Strikes.

Powers - Sorcery for Healing, Mental for Controlling.

Weapon - Bow. I think bow is wonderful to use.

Movement - Acrobatics. I like the movement, but also things like Backflip and Throwing Knives.

Glitch - That stretchy character thing that used to happen (haven't seen it for a while though).
  6. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

• Raid: FoS2
    • Alert: Oan Science Cell
    • Duo: Shady Nightclub
    • Solo: Old Gotham Subway
    Tackling all these instances fresh out the box while trying to obtain the appropriate level gear is what made them fun to me. And while I can blow thru them now, I still don’t mind running them regularly just for kicks.
  7. Dogico Loyal Player

Raid: FOS 2 gave me the greatest sense of accomplishment when I first finished it but FOS 1 is probably my favorite. I still have fun running it.
    Alert: Gotham Courthouse. We're not just running in a straight line through adds, there's variety in each of the objectives, the bosses are interesting, teamwork is required. I wish every Alert was as well thought out as this one.
    Duo: Whenever I run Ruined Cathedral I think of Castlevania. I roleplay as a Belmont everytime I'm in there haha. I spent 20 minutes in there once just looking for a Castlevania easter egg (there are none, unfortunately).
    Solo: Not too big on solos (I'm closer to 500 alert feat than 500 solo for both my toons) but I do have fond memories of scrambling to use every health barrel against the Penguin in Old Gotham Subway.
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Raids: Don't really like any of the raids really. Guess I am not a raid kind of guy.

Alerts: Smallville. I always liked running that one. Even if too often I end up soloing the darn thing. Guess I like fighting alongside the Justice League (or some of them

Duos: Flashback. Love the Flash. Got a kick seeing his origin in the game.

Solo: Iconic Anomaly: Bizarro. Love Bizarro.
  9. aceCase Committed Player

Since we have time to kill while waiting for GU32....

My favorite Raid strategy was fighting RCP in Outer caverns by the stairs. Oh man, good times lol. Only because I remember struggling so bad at that fight when the game was still new and that strategy finally allowed me to beat it lol. I was so excited back then :D

Also, favorite community made up rule....calling out your weapons. LOL.
  10. Enickma Dedicated Player

Solo: Regal Hotel
    Duo: Grodd's Lab
    Alert:Smallville
    Raid: FoS 2 (when people actually split up in the tunnels as was intended)
  11. Dirty Fred New Player

Raid against The Bohemian PD are & will Always be my favorite Raids<3

12. TheLoneLantern New Player

Favorites
    Solo: Atrocitus Iconic Anomaly
    Duo: Condemned Shipping Office (Aquaman)
    Alert: Royal Flush Gang
    Raid: Rock of Eternity
    Bounties: Giganta and Apache Chief in Metropolis
    Trinket: Unicorn (duh!)
    • Like x 1
  13. Fightingbudha New Player

Favorite raid: Nexus I love the comradory it forces you to have for a good group.
    Favorite alert: brothers in arms, going back to krypton to fight maroon Brando I mean jor el awesome!
    Favorite Duo: shady nightclub/police station a lot of fun (would be more fun if zoom would pop up so I can get the feat, but I digress)
    Favorite solo: bizarro a whole lot of fun
    Favorite bounty: raven because she actually gave up the gear (ahem devs look at obot and mbot in comparison, I'm just saying)

I've only been here since August and it sucked me right in. This is my first mmo and I have enjoyed every second of it.
  14. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Favourite raid(s): Khandaq, FOS1 (when it was hard)

Favourite alert: Oan Sciencells (short, sweet, and Lantern themed)

Favourite Duo: Mr Freeze villan duo

Favourite questline: anything joker related was always great to hear Mark Hamil as the joker

Favourite Glitch: on ps3, if you went to fast through the watchtower you could get outside, that was always fun.

Favourite DLC: Fight for the Light, was were i got my light powers snd never looked back :)

Most Hated Alert: Starlabs (way too long and boring)

Most Hated Duo: OMAC Base (boring)

Most Hated Raid: BC2 (too long, not needed one shots, and brother eye was always glitched and still is sometimes even to this day)

Most Hated Glitch: The First Money Glitch, ruined the game for me for a while. aNd the running sideways glitch was sooo annoying.
  15. ElderX New Player

Here are mine,

Raids: FOS: Sunstone Matrix. Love this raid because it is shortest one:p And ofcourse cant forget how many people would still hit the red shields despite being told to avoid it, which lead to squabbling among everyone.

Alerts: Bludhaven. This is still my favorite alert, despite being lower end alert it truly tests skills of all players, and all the boss along with the illusions of heroes to beat are way to fun. I truly hope we get to revisit it on higher tiers soon.

Duos: Police Station. Just for fun.

Solo: Iconic Anomaly: The Hunt

Not exactly a glitch or bug but I truly find it funny when someone is explaining the movement mechanics of game to new player and suddenly some nature powered player changed to wolf form and equips Monitor Propulsion Pack:D

Also, the little event on EUPS3 in last summer where everyone lined up in-front of PVE/PVE shifter and performed synchronized emotes actions.:D

BTW I wonder what would be the 3rd Anniversary gifts? I completed my 1 year with DCUO exactly today;)
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Raid: Paradox, Interesting design with the scaling difficulties depending on how many bosses you leave out then just tough, challenging, and FUN

Alert: FR/BIA, it was long, they could have gotten rid of the CC part, but I thought the storylines were just fantastic. I thought it was really cool how the result of the Hero version created the Villain version which resulted in the creation of the hero version... loop! It was great. Then the content of it was enough to take us back initially as it was far more challenging than anything we saw in a long time for many of us, seeing as how t4 was MONTHs of boredom there at the end.

Favorite other thing added is the anomalies. I really wish they would expand on these. Even just taking old challenges/Duos slapping a correctly scaled Legends char(s) and pushing it out. I don't need a whole storyline to it like the solo anomalies we have now. Give me a Batman/Robin Carmine Lighthouse. Hal/John Ferris Aircraft. Joker/Harley Police Department duo? Lots of options. It was a brilliant Idea to have PVE Legends, it'd be cool to have a little more of it, but not something they'd spend a ton of time on and would sub in for new stuff.
    • Like x 1
  17. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Wait, how did you copy-pasted what I was thinking about typing? :p I adore your idea for more legends duos. Sounds like a perfect candidate for t4 duos??

Origin crisis, best dlc to date, but my traditionally favorite instances before OC were

raid: Gates, i love the greek themed environment, the initial difficulty at launch was just right for me.

alert: smallville, looks beautiful and I love the open space feel. Still one of my faves with so many cavern-like environments in the game. Also love to turn into a doomsday monster and slap some scientists around

duo: police station. iconics! iconics! did i say iconics?!

solo: Circe's stronghold, I are Rhino!!
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Wonderful thing about Anomalies, they don't have to be tier based.

YOu could have the reward scale with your CR giving you the correct marks for what tier you're in. While providing the same content to people of any tier. As you are not gaining anything with improving your own character as you play a legends character. Doing it at t1 or at t5 you'll get exactly the same experience.

Scale the rewards so t1 is rewarded with t1 gear and marks, but a t5 is rewarded with the generic t5 green gear and MoR. It could be extra content for all instead of extra content within a certain tier.
  19. TheLoneLantern New Player

Ok, now for the real favorites:

Solo: The Hunt. Iconic Anomalies are the most fun I have in solo content and the Huntress one has a lot of variation to it (especially the boss fight) which keeps it fresh. It's also not just beat up everything (to an extent) which is also nice.

Duo: Ruined Cathedral. The T5 duos are my favorite (as most of the others are rehashed and/or bland) and the Cathedral is by far my favorite of the lot. Getting to choose your mini boss and killing that one group of mobs using the fire is very fun. Tunnel of Lust is second since I love the look of the instance, especially the last "Tunnel of Love" part. Knightsdome is my least favorite, with unnecessary mechanics that really slow down the instance.

Alert: Coast City. My favorite looking alert where you get to fight iconic Red, Green, and Yellow lanterns. The only problem I have with it is the low ceiling, but at least there isn't a white screen of death!

Raid: Kahndaq. Such an easy choice. In my opinion, it is easily the BEST LIT INSTANCE IN THE ENTIRE GAME. There, I said it. That is all.

Bounty: Raven. Just a quick fun one. Don't have to wander all of the place, which is a definite plus. Second would be Abra Kadabra.

Trinket: Toyman Robot Trinket

Least Favorites (I will save everyone the trouble and choose not to rant at each one)
    Solo: The Vault
    Duo: All 3 of the Earth Duos
    Alert: Inner Sanctum
    Raid: Batcave 3
    Bounty: Killer Frost. Used to be Judge, but he's gotten easier to deal with so she got bumped up.
    Trinket: Demon Figurine (male version).
  20. Enickma Dedicated Player

Oh, my least favorites:

Solo: Circe's Stronghold
    Duo: Knightsdome
    Alert: Inner Sanctum (I get tired of being thrown around like a rag doll in the first boss)
    Raid: Paradox