So... 30% off this Friday?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Nov 27, 2013.

1. BumblingB I got better.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-get-30-off-station-cash.180007/#post-2140945

Hmm, wasn't it more last year? Anyways, it says today. Is that TODAY Wednesday or TODAY Friday?

Also, will there be a deal on Cyber Monday?
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

3. BumblingB I got better.

LOL italics. But was it this low last year? I don't remember.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

ProSieben have been doing the same for their past few sales. Gone are the days of double and triple SC days/weekends, we are ushering in the 30% off (PS) and 30% extra (PC) age.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I know they have made a new currency for the PS server that equals SC, but this is Black Friday. 50% off vs 30% off on this day, is like going to Best Buy or going to Walmart. Both have good deals, but you get a better quality deal at Best Buy.
    • Like x 1
  6. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I was really hoping it was double stationcash. Guess I'll save my money on something else. Was going to change a couple of my alts powers. Ehh I'll probably still get station cash but I'll get it from a game card. -.-
    • Like x 1
  7. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Something is better than nothing.. Black friday it is then.

still...

/waves good bye to tripple sc
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Well, with the max purchase one, it would probably equate to the best deal if you buy it for that, but :( I miss double and triple cash. I guess SOE kind of didn't think it through completely when they were offering these a lot. We stopped getting Legendary because of it and then DLCs.

Oh well, I'll probably buy the max for whatever price that it equates to. I've been waiting for a deal. And since it is payday for me Friday, gonna get some SC for Armories.

Just checked, the $85 one at 30% is about 40% off. So $60 for 10,000SC.
    • Like x 2
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Curious about the 2nd part myself...I dont know how you can kind of announce a sale

Wouldnt it make more sense to say "We're having a sale Monday too" so people can prepare for it?
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You'll have to check back Monday to see if there is a sale. I'd buy on Friday, though, if I were you.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps is awesome confirmed!
  12. Gorbo New Player

I plan on buying on Friday. If DCOU gives me anything for the $84.99 I gave them today. So far.... nothing. Game says I have zero marketplace cash.
  13. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Honestly, this makes me upset

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And then we Hit July of this year with a 40% off then nothing until November which is 30% off.
    Where is the consistency of your customer service model? We see numerous articles like this DC Universe Online: "700% increase in daily revenue" since going free to play and Sony Online Entertainment’s John Smedley on the past, present and future of free-to-play which tells us that despite past layoffs within SOE it is still profiting. It is a DEAD GIVEAWAY that the sales of replay badges and other marketplace items must be close in the revenue generation of actual membership fees. I don't understand how we can go from the model above where every few months there would be a double or triple that involved franchises like Walmart and 7-Eleven to participate to the slap in the face now of 40% in July 2013 and 30% off in November 2013. Its not like SC can be used to purchase Memberships now so that isn't a reason not to have the reduction in sale amounts and frequency. That is 2 years of consistency now broken.

I realize that SC sales is a priviledge not a right but I don't understand why change the model, honestly 30%? that is pretty much saying to the community "well its better than nothing, here you go" that is how everyone is viewing this.

Even worse, look at the language used in the promotion tune in for HUGE sales, yes I know that is some wonderful marketing lingo but in all honestly, its laughable. Huge compared to what? 0? yes it is a huge sale on items compared to the sale we had..... oh wait its the lowest SOE has ever provided so once again its "huge" compared to what the sale was on november 24th, 2013 which was 0
    • Like x 23
  14. SuperBell Loyal Player

Hmmm.....

It feels like a gamble. Place the money now, or see what's happening on Monday. Also, they mentioned deal through out the weekend.

Meppsy Hall, should I take what's in the box, or go with curtain number 2?

It's a goat
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We speak with our wallet.

I won't be buying for 30% off; and that means I won't be supporting 30% off.

If they want my money, they'll have to do better.
    • Like x 11
  16. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

This is the SC sale, cyber monday will be a sale on items of the marketplace. Which is why Mepps said to buy SC now because it won't be offered with the next sale just MP items
    • Like x 2
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's entirely possible, absent knowing SOE's actual decisions, that we might still see Double Station Cash on December 24th. Or as in the past, on one of a Twelve Days of Sales. I absolutely would not count on it, but right now we can't know, can we?

To be sure, I may just be dreaming a hope.

Thanks muchly, BTW, ObsidianChill, for keeping and posting those screen shots.
  18. Deserter Level 30

I agree, hopefully they'll see that we're holding out for a real sale and they'll make it happen.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

@Chill Though disapointing, I saw it coming from last year to the begining of this year. 2012 had a lot of good sales. 2013 has proven to NOT have good sales and when they do, infrequent. TBH, I think they are weening us off the teet so to speak. The problem though is, they can make a LOT of money off of the sale days, as you pointed out in your post, the idea behind a good deal makes people potentially spend MORE than if they bought at full price. I used to work at michaels arts and crafts and they had weird sales to confuse the customer. (50% off + 15% additonal. Sounds like 65%, but it's like 57% off.) The flip side is, why bother removing the purchase of dlcs with SC when you would still keep things full price and eventually put the DLCs on sales anyways. (And they do.)

@EK I'm spending $60, only because I would end up spending full price for Armories. :/ I'm out of SC, have plenty of RPB.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Well, this is pretty much how the entire concept of sales work, you know. Their job is to entice us into spending as much money as possible. They're not really looking out for our interests in this.