stop forcing me to farm!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by the swoosh, Nov 18, 2013.

1. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I don't mind farming the missions for gear since at least then I'm grouped up and running content but farming Exos all the time gets old fast. I do have a few area's spawn points memorized and I've used R & D scanners(they work the best for getting it done quick). And yes we can transform into the colors we want but my problem with it is that I like many players have a job and other commitments. I don't want to spend 1-2 HR a day or week Exo hunting. Even if I didn't have other commitments I'd still find it boring. I love my mods but hate Exo hunting.

I wish they would just drop off of enemies. This would promote people to run old content, solo content, duo content and group content. They could just drop off of trash and everyone in group would get one like the new loot system. Maybe we could get rid of the increase perception(iconics) power or add to it and make it so it increases Exo Drop rate. The R & D scanners could be modified to increase personal drop rate's for those that are less patient.

This isn't necessary and I'm not saying the current system doesn't work I just find it tedious and boring. I'm already grinding for feats, style's, collections, and gear I don't want to have spend an 1-2 hours hunting exo's when I have to run the Catwoman Solo for the 200th time hoping the mayan legs would drop(they never do!).
    • Like x 2
  2. the swoosh New Player

it has been mentioned you can do the raids to progress but you still cant buy that set without using mods :(
  3. the swoosh New Player

i would agree to that but just making mods not effect cr (so its optional to use them) is also good with me :)
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I'm good with that.
  5. PurexEnergy New Player

First, there's 14 pages. I'm not going to read all that so let me just give my thanks for copying and pasting for me. I really appreciate it.

Let me copy and paste my last post for you "You get more from what you put out". You're the prime example of "why you should NOT skip content". It's the sole reason why they implemented a 95 CR requirement. If you don't want to farm to get to the next set, then you don't have to. It's just that, well, you won't get the next set and you should understand that there's only one way to get the next set. Farm for exobits. We all do it. Heck, I farm all the time while I wait for my raid to form. I kinda wonder what you do during those times. Stand in one spot? Make use of those little breaks. Since what you're asking for is so ridiculous I'll finish it off again with a "You get more from what you put out".
    • Like x 2
  6. the swoosh New Player

but then u probably missed out on the fact they where actually designed to be a extra bonus...you already grind a full set with marks...thats what the marks are for...also if you can not buy that set with a full set of 87 equipped (unmodded) its obvious (maybe not to you) there is something not right...
    • Like x 1
  7. Ionthas Well-Known Player

I would like to know how I can do this lol. I have an alt with full 85 (including weapon trinket and 84 mask) with 3 mod Vs, the rest betas and I'm still only at cr 93.
  8. PurexEnergy New Player

Your point is? I honestly don't see what the big deal is. While your group leader is forming your group, you run around farming exobits. It takes about 15 minutes to an hour to form a raid (depending on the day) and you can use that time to farm. How hard is that?

Another thing I want to point out, when you've maxed out your gear... What are you going to do next? Wait for the next DLC and next tier and complain about it as well?
    • Like x 1
  9. Redscreen5 New Player

It should be exactly the same as PvP in all truths, its quite pointless to have one system do it one way and then another do it another way.

Increasing CR should be based on gear completion 100%. Mods should just be additional for the scoreboard racers.
    • Like x 1
  10. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Do you have the 85 rings as well? What about neck?
  11. Ionthas Well-Known Player

no, 87 neck and 83 rings.
  12. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

The rings could be keeping you from reaching that...but I honestly don't remember exactly what got me to that point, it was a long time ago. Oh and do you have a cr85 or better trinket?
  13. jessiejames4211 New Player

lol because people are not going to look into your mods and say hey this guy is 84 but he has so and so extra stat increase were taking him lol ? your only option would be to drop mods all together which I doubt will ever happen and if it ever did I would be done as many others would ...
  14. Mary Bliss Committed Player

All I know is, my t3 gear with mods makes me lose primary stats going t4. (and that's III mods in them)

So outside getting my Cr up for DLCs I don't have, I can go farm 1000 bits to get my role stats up 7%, for raids I am already beating while watching tv.

Or what about 250 daily toyman missions for 1/4 skillpoint ?

Even typing it out make me laugh
  15. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

I love putting on my straw hat about to take a flight around Gothan and with my bag in tow gathering all the Exobits I can. 29 R&D Scanners left and counting. (Whistling).
  16. PixelatedDream New Player

You know, skimming through this I can't believe how many strange people there are. First How can you NOT understand that we aren't complaining about having to mod to boost our stats. We're complaining about being forced to mod to buy gear in the first place. I had to mod almost all my T4 before I could start on T5 gear. That is stupid. I shouldn't be FORCED to mod until I feel like it.
    Secondly....Why when we are trying to take a stand and tell the devs that we want them to fix this, would you come into this thread and be like "Oh I love exo farming. it's the best! It's rainbows and lollipops.".....*Points* GET OUT OF HERE.
    Well I don't pay 14.99 a month to be FORCED to fly around in a circle for hours.
    I think that we should be rewarded Exobits from drops and missions along side marks.
    • Like x 2
  17. DC-Doll New Player

Gonna be honest with ya. There's a huge change in stats from V to expert mods. Let alone Beta to to experts. Let me ask you this. If 4 healers sent you tells for a T5 raid, would you prefer the guys (Which tbh are a good percentage) in full blues ain betas or full blues in Expert mods? (No reputations, no friends, no leaguemates. No name basis. Just mods.

Yes, farming Vs and experts can be tedious but they beat betas. Betas are good for greens, but if you plan on using the gear for a while you'll final common practice as expert mods.
    • Like x 1
  18. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

How many times do we have to say it. If you don't want to farm then buy the mods. That simple.
    • Like x 1
  19. Magical Reset Committed Player

Mods not affecting CR won't make pugging T5 raids easier. It'll just be people mass kicking those without Expert mods and check the scoreboard for heal/damage/power more closely. If you don't mod you'll still get kicked. Except the people kicking you will be twice as mad as now because they have go to through 3 extra steps to find out you don't have mods.
    • Like x 3
  20. DC-Doll New Player

Btw yeah, buying expert mods is nice, but who's gonna sell me Resto or Precision Expert for under 2k when I'm premium? (sigh....I wish Justin Biebers were THIS quiet because all I'm hearing is the buzzing of my computer.)