No longer making PUG raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HealerT, Nov 20, 2013.

1. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol i would of left and completed it today but today is reset day.

At least you finished it.
  2. SKAVANGER408 New Player

O man you joined Arrows?

Good luck boss man.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

I and my future wife ended up in a 4-troll group; was an experiment the guys said..........
    1 solo-healer, 4 trolls, 1 tank, 2 dps!
    It was smooth guys.......really smooth.........best pug group ever!
    I'm close to lfging for cr100+ o0nly for t5 raids....................why? simply because CR100 have had some sort of experience as they need to defeat bosses to get the higher gear! Why should I fail and lose out when some arrogant idiot can't work the shields because he has never completed it despite 50 tries?? (yes, we can have bad luck too, i know that)
    • Like x 1
  4. The Aerovenger Dedicated Player

I joined them as i had a good 6/8 nexus run with them the other week! smooth guys!
    • Like x 1
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I remembered I tanked for them in nexus.

Experience was bad for a league run. But as long as your happy boss man :)
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Clearly the rest of the team you had recruited had faith in you, enough to tell you the jerk is trying to kick you. And, to vote him down.
    I'm wary of making changes to the kick system, but I can see a case being made for:
    • the group leader when the instance is queued being exempt from kick, and
    • for someone who's invited to an instance in progress not being able to initiate a kick,
    • and for someone who's invited to an instance in progress having a time period that has to elapse before they can vote on a kick.
    You're able to lead a pug group and hold it together. That's not an easy thing. If you can weather all that, don't stop doing it just because of one more hurdle.

What happened after the kick was unsuccessful? Did you complete the instance with him?
  7. Flashhh New Player

Yo HealerT we finished Nexus some hours ago,although it was a pug group it wasn't that bad ehh :) ?
  8. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

LOL this is why I like being a DPS because we don't get blamed much LOL. Sorry about your crappy experience OP
    • Like x 1
  9. DARKKNIGHT New Player

Yep, the content changes but the vast majority of the player base doesn't.
    I recently started gearing up my tank again in prep for rage tanking. The other day I pugged family and invited a "100cr 120sp" dps in gotham after the previous dps left do to ps4 issues. When we get to the spider part the dps keeps dying to the scripted jump attack at a random player, because he just stands there instead of rolling out of the way. He then preceeds to yell at me to get aggro. I laughed inside and quickly switched chats.(Now I remember why I hated pugging as a tank) Oh yeah and at the batman catwoman fight he just stood in the bunker buster instead of rolling away. Hooray for ignorant people yelling when they are wrong.
    If you want a laugh, pug gates as a tank and see how many groups tell you to tank the boss. Also watch the dps that get one shotted by attacking before you can secure aggro.

I also pugged nexus as a dps this week. There was a troll that had half 88 gear that died 25 times in the buff room in 3 attempts. 3times more then anybody else.(your a troll its not hard to stay alive regaurdless of gear!) Needless to say he didn't know any of the mechanics. #paradoxglitchers
  10. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I wouldn't say glitch at all. If you ran para and talked to people about what gear they got you would know it's all random. Maybe all he has gotten was troll gear so he switched. I have a healer in my league who runs para everyday and he still can't get lvl88 gear for his role. It's all about luck or changing powers.
  11. Tasressurect New Player

I used to be a raid leader in WoW, with great success. It starts out slowly as your popularity may or may not be vast. After enough successful raids, people will be more inclined to join you - these people that succeed in your raids, it's important to add them to your friends list.

I would generally avoid bringing in people from my own guild as some of them were uncapable of actually making progress, but instead invite people from my friends list who I raided with numerous times. We would end up doing the raid with 18 guys instead of 25, because they were all competant enough that we didn't need the other 7.
  12. DARKKNIGHT New Player

Your role doesn't affect knowing what attacks the boss has and how to avoid them.
  13. Whiteroom New Player

Oh no i didnt. I had just over an hour to complete it. Given the sentry took an hour and still wasnt down, i left. At the start the guys making the raid werehyped talking about how we were a breeze through crew. Nope. Pretty much my worst experience in there ever.
  14. Yui Loyal Player

IMO, these raids, Paradox and Nexus, are never meant to be pugged. Sure, there are pugs who complete these raids but most of the time, they don't. You'll have more chance completing these raids with friends or leaguemates. My suggestion for you is to add the good players you played with in this raid to your friends list so you can ask them in the future or try asking your leaguemates if they're available. And yes, this stuff is happening in other servers too.
    • Like x 2
  15. Rok Var Well-Known Player

I prefer to pug. I like the randomness of the grouping and the challenge of working with people that I don't know. It's like a loot drop. That said, the kicking thing is out of control. To start with its rude. Not to mention that it's normally for selfish reasons. I also have issues with people wanting to disband. If you aren't happy with the group....leave. Don't ruin it for the rest.
  16. HealerT New Player

Flashhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
    Was a great run!! once we got the shields sorted all went smooth. just a shame i was loot locked :D
  17. Wilder Midnight New Player

nope.

i've had awesome experiences with league runs and pug groups alike.

i've had nightmarish experiences with league runs and pugs alike.

we've all been through it.

it's really up to you to make the most of the game. if you're in a bad situation you can change it with the push of a button.
  18. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I've Always thought of a PUG as being formed randomly by the OnDuty menu,

I think if you form your own raid, you're the leader in spirit.
    People should be joining your group with the expectation that you will lead.

Over the past months I've thought a lot about the vote to kick option.
    I feel like there should be more control for players who form raids, in that the leader should be the only one who can kick people.
    • Like x 1
  19. RawR New Player

Nope, some people have true bad luck. For others...well, if they're always having problems with pugs then maybe they should take a look a themselves as well. Quite a few people expect strangers to carry them like their league do. In fact many people don't even know that their league is carrying them, and leagues think that everyone with them is good and know what they're doing. Even thinking that someone is the best at what they do, meaning they just play with the same people never seeing others in action with the same power or role.
  20. GreenAdam New Player

More of you just need to make villains, because this seems like a problem mostly centered on the hero side. You'll find were not really such bad guys :p
    • Like x 1