Ps4 issues.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LisaLoeb, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Tempting New Player

This was exactly what I was going to post.

I am a nature healer and have no clue what any of my team's health are.
    • Like x 1
  2. Pumped New Player

Can't use keyboard for chat or auction house.

Best regards!
  3. Skidmarc Committed Player

Sometimes when sending mail you cannot add money as an attachment or type out the name as well. You can click on the box but the keyboard will not show. This does not occur every time though and is more of a sporadic issue.
  4. Yuck Gadgets Active Player

Just hit the ps button to get to main menu and hit hit it again to go back in game, should be able to type after that
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

All items in R&D list are highlighted white/bold regardless of having the materials required.
    • Like x 1
  6. AuroraDawn New Player

Was their a ninja nerf? My quantum troller lost 10 vit on her trip over to PS4. Also can't change prices in market place for items I want to sell.
  7. THEMYGOD New Player

INSTALLATION & LOGIN
    • Regarding the download specifically, nothing is clear about what to expect. I started downloading DCUO on 11/15, around 2:00am, after returning home with the PS4. The system informed me the download was something like you stated, 5gigs + 7gigs, yet 22gigs total. It showed it would take about 10 and 15 hours respectively. I figured the length of time was due to heavy traffic and other downloads I was performing, so I put the system in stand-by to finish and went to sleep. At about 2:00pm all my downloads were finished, or so I thought. I tried logging into DCUO with an existing character, to only get the message stated above that there yet remained more to download. It is now 12:30pm on 11/15, and per the DCUO information screen, I now know the full download is actually 28gigs (see below). Apparently, somewhere between 14-19gigs is already downloaded, with 9 remaining. Upon trying to login, I get a message estimating at least 5 more hours to completion. I am now well over 20 hours into trying to get this game to work. All this is making for one ugly customer experience, mostly due to an incredible lack of clear information being provided. An informed customer can make for a more patient customer. Right now, I am neither, nor happy.[IMG]
    • Mepps, I ultimately got around to reading your post regarding the download process, and appreciate the clarification regarding how the process is currently working with the Day 1 Patch and Main Game downloads, as well as gameplay limitations. However, players should not have to come rifling through these forums to find this type of information. It should be messaged on the console in some manner, either in the Update History notes, in the Character Selection Screen Welcome Message or somewhere during this process.
    • Regarding the above, It is confusing for the system to inform you that the download of the game has completed, yet you get a message upon trying to login that you can't play your existing character due to the game still needing to be fully downloaded. There is no information to inform players with existing characters that all they can do is play a newly created character. DCUO has a set of circumstances that do not clearly fit into the general knowledge of "PlayGo." You have an existing playerbase, with existing characters. In addition, even upon completing a newly created character's first mission, which I did, you're still unable to advance any further after leaving the Brainiac ship. This takes at most, what, 20 minutes, then you have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time thereafter for the remaining parts of the game to download to resume playing? This is also after waiting for the initial download to complete. This is just not a very rational process. If I weren't already familiar with this game, and also frequented the forums, I would be very much in the dark about why I'm not actually playing DCUO at this point.
    • I've been consistently booted from the game (or it's crashing) 1-2 minutes after logging in with a newly created character, with the accompanying error code CE-34878-0. It seems as though, if you're unable to advance, the systems automatically boots you. Just an unverified speculation.
    GRAPHICS
    • The Character Preview Window in the Inventory and Style menu is terribly out of balance. The gamma is much too high whitewashing everything.
    • The new logo is still misaligned [IMG]
    FINAL THOUGHTS

I want it to be understood that I understand a move of this nature is not an easy undertaking, and that you all are undoubtedly working very hard to accomplish this task. I know a lot of work is, and has, gone into getting the game to this point. However, I believe it needs to be said that, I am an existing player with a considerable investment in the game to date. Newcomers will not likely be as understanding and patient as those of us who commit the necessary time to these forums to provide this level of feedback. Even as as one who has been a loyal player of DCUO over the years, I'm finding my own patience short and frustration long. With so many promising things on the horizon for the PS4, I only hope you guys can put many of the issues that have plagued the game thus far to rest, for the sake of the game's future success. Where I find the most attention is needed is in the areas of more timely and proactive communication about the game's state and future, more prompt and timely bug fixes, gameplay balance and discernible, more compelling and immersive storytelling, especially as it relates to the DC lore.
    • Like x 2
  8. Super Moon New Player

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out... but I like how at the character select screen, the light on the ps4 controller changes to the color of whatever power you are. Just wanted to get that out...

Now on to the sad news... visually this game looks great now! But the fact that I can only see the name and power of one person in a raid is tough for a controller :-( To me it looks like the health and power of everyone in the group are both under one players name. The name never changes but I can tell the health and power constantly rotate amung the other 6 people.
    • Like x 2
  9. SNAKEMOUNTAIN New Player

I had the same issue. Even though in dps stance I did not want to be a liability on pickups in dox. Beautiful game, details are amazing. Had fun just flying around looking at stuff.
  10. Dark Dragon New Player

I seen the bugs that they need to fix will not heal till I can see everyone I'm in group with. I will dps till then ran nex this morning
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Phantom New Player

If you cant log on to your characters and your Download says XX/23 MB for the download, just leave the game on in the character select screen. It slowly finishes the download even though there is no download in the notifications. It could take approx 5 hours for the download to go from 14-23.

Other things i noticed with game.
    - LFG CHAT SHOULD NOT BE DEFAULT. It is so hard to communicate with brand new players because they don't know how to manage their chats and LFG is coming in too fast for them to catch my group tells.
    - My game is crashing on the PS4, and it seems like a crash on PS4 is alot harder to recover from. You got to rip your power cord out and its a brand new system!
    -Loading and rendering is still relatively slow.
    - Cant see more than 1 teammate in group, and that 1 groupmates level/Role and name dont match to the correct character. (I think this is getting resolved)
  12. SNAKEMOUNTAIN New Player

From Character select you can always just make a new toon to play the Braniac ship mission, it will dump you in a police department to wait for the remaining time but at least you can see LFG, the graphic enhancements, and chat with league mates until the download completes. To see the download progress you can either attempt to enter the watchtower or exit the station. I did this yesterday and had some fun dueling in the PD as well as being on mic with my league.
  13. Radium Devoted Player

DONT rip the cord out.

Leave your finger on the power "button" for 10-15 seconds. This will place you in safe mode and how you can recover.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Phantom New Player

I held my finger on the power button for like 30 seconds. Didn't do anything.
  15. WonderValkyrie New Player

guess i'll hold off on trying to dl this to my ps4 until all this craziness is worked out
  16. Cirocband New Player

I understand yesterday was the logging in issue and I'm glad they fixed that. Now today's big issue is "not being able to see people's health and power bars" there's no point of playing DCU if you are a support role. Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP!!!
    • Like x 1
  17. Scion Of Society Well-Known Player

So a couple more issues I have noticed that I don't think have been posted. Voices for all people I have been talking to are really low, and if you try to turn up all voice in options it makes the other people sound terrible. My voice that is being sent in game apparently is described as a 12 year old school boy... as a note I haven't been told that before, at least that I know of. Additionally My Astro A 50 headphones can pickup the games sounds but can not hear any players voices, and it doesn't transmit my voice. The final two problems I m not sure if they are GU31related or PS4 related but troll heal debuffs aren't indicating, IE the Ravager wasn't gaining health back, but didnt have the red heart on his name. The final issue is the defense debuffs aren't getting on the adds or bosses unless you literally right next to them, which has never been an issue before as long as I could target them I could debuff them.
  18. Pumped New Player

I can't get into groups because I can't type in chats. My keyboard doesn't show up. Can't use auction house either. When will this be fixed?

Best regards!
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

had the same issues as everyone has since u31, character select not matching up with appropriate characters, groupmates names not showing up, etc...
    but them graphics and rendering speeds though...
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, we will get this fixed.
    • Like x 1