Unfair Arena PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Avister, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Avister New Player

How are new players supposed to get PvP gear in this game with the basic Npc lvl 30 PvP gear when, all tier 3+ players are perma camping all arenas ?

The Arena mode should be balance out according to PvP combat rating, cuz getting killed by people just cuz they have better gear than you just ruins the fun of this game, Also makes gearing up almost impossible.
  2. BackFreckIe New Player

Pvp should be a challenge though... At least I see it that way. Pvp is one of the only things left in this game that your not guaranteed success every time. I have a full punch line fully expert modded villain and a have another t2 villain and honestly I have the same experience pvping on either one of them. Cuz yes gear is a factor in this game but many ppl will agree that with pvp skill and knowledge you can overcome those with better gear and no/litttle skill
  3. Avister New Player

Pvp would be more of a challenge if we were facing people around the same gear, cuz right now all the high gears have it easy mode, they just attack lowbies and get their dailies done. where is the challenge in that ? . I can attk them as much as i want but their hp will not drop.. Gear makes a huge difference, im just saying that the Arenaa Aspect should be more balanced.
  4. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

If you think gear is the end all be all for PvP your always going to be a loser in arenas.
    • Like x 2
  5. blahblahblah New Player

Are you new ? The reason I ask is, PvP is not an over flowing mass of people looking to fight. PVE is...because 87/88 gear is just the BEEEEEESSST /sarcasm off

However with that said, there are players that got to full punchline/venge on day 1 of this new system going live. You are what ? trying to pvp now towards the pvp seasons end and you are upset you fight better geared players that you ?

Uhh, so what its an mmo. I wouldnt dare go into say.. what WOW and pvp and then start threads about how unbalanced it is because everyone is higher geared than me. So in short gear isnt everything - skill is somewhat still. Not a lot of people are pvping these days and is a far cry how populated pvp was prior to free to play.

So if there is less people pvpving who primarily are doing it for fun (read not for rewards) and are still queuing, yes they will be better geared. There is a system in place to help with match making for w/l record. But if there are not enough players to make it fair they will just randomly chuck players together and make a match.
  6. Albatross Well-Known Player

I have to agree with the OP, I have the top pvp gear and mods on both my mains, but I personally wish they would just make 1 cash bought gear set for everyone. Most of the same people you see all the time in the same arenas have expert mods, next soders, lvl 4 home turf mods and usually premade vs random pugs.

This may come across as being qq when a new player posts this on forums, but how is it fun when the other guy starts out with thousands more health, can instantly heal to full with his soder, and hasn't even lifted a finger yet.

So while it is possible for a newbie to win and have a satisfying pvp experience if he plays perfectly, how likely is that?
    More often than not, that person is going to get stomped and eventually give up. And then the forums will tell that person to learn to play, and the overall pvp population stagnates.

If we were really serious about skill we would be getting rid of these gear, mod and consumable gaps. If you are really more skilled, then you should still be beating lesser opponents with or without your gear advantage. So +1 OP, let's get rid of of these cheap gear crutches and encourage skill.
  7. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

Except when you enter that on e match with your walmart gear and theres that one guy who is full T4 and spams his Hometurf trinkets...:(
  8. Avister New Player

Ty for understanding instead of putting me down.
  9. Yallander Loyal Player

The problem is if they create a system that has too many tiers then match wait time goes up too much and people just go do something else.

The gearing process for PVP and progressing through the tiers is pretty short, especially if you queue with a few friends. Take some time and learn the mechanics, duel people via scrimmages with the intent to test load outs or weapons. Practice your power set and in a few weeks you'll increase your win % greatly. You have to put some time in if you want to improve not just queue up for matches.
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

If at first you don't succeed try again!

I've gotten 3 chars up to punchline so far. All of them starting late due to issues when the new season started.

Just started a 4th char a few weeks back, it's up to t3 pvp.

I started pvping on a 5th old alt as well, so far it's half locked this week.

It's tough don't get me wrong, esp going against OP powers when you are not ready for them. For instance went up against a few Ice Tanks this morning and I had luckily left a SP off just incase and had to buy the tank debuff mid match.

Enter each match knowing 2 things. You won't always win, but you will always leave with more experience than you came in with.
    • Like x 1
  11. Blight KOBRA Commander

You want to win in pvp it's easy their called "pre-made teams". You want to win you group up and make a balanced team but if you just que up at random it's a crapshoot, and yet all the time I only ever see people asking for specific roles for alerts or raids on the LFM channel and not pvp.
  12. Magical Reset Committed Player

The only working advice here:

Queue 5v5/4v4 point caps. With poor gear, you are most likely to win one of these solo queuing. Don't bother with 1v1, 2v2. Your likelihood of running into a 2v2, 1v1 opponent without at least T3 gear is very low. 8v8 is also good if you have the patience to queue them.
  13. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

They aren't. New players are intended to be the punching bags for the existing 'elite.' This is PvP, it is not intended to be balanced.
  14. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

This...I couldn't have said it any better myself. Well maybe I could have but just don't see the need to try ;) But seriously, take it from us, it's hard but it's not close to impossible. You're going to go against players that are well geared compared to you but you're also going to go up against players that aren't and you'll get your victories that way. Sooner or later, you'll be able to beat people that have full punchline if you're better in skill. When you lose, don't get down on yourself; take your loss as a learning experience. Maybe even befriend someone and get some tips. Ultimately, you'll only get better with practice whether you're winning or losing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Redscreen5 New Player

CR based matchmaking....Tell me what sounds hard about that ? It's funny because every time I used to run lair I'd have some T1 / T2 opposition so I started giving them wins.

Anyone who thinks there's an aspect of skill involved is deluded, the transition from Cash gear to white sockets plus exp mods is a significant eap. It's almost as if the mods are so OP nowadays, with duels (DPS v DPS) one lunge, block break or block can be the deciding factor.
  16. Changeme New Player

cr based matchmaking would be nice, but having come back after a gta5 hiatus all i see (on eups3) is empty arenas. im more worried by that than any amount of armour related issues