Update 31 Journal entry message ... Must go

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scruff, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Scruff New Player

I started this thread because I can't stand have that message up all the time. Once I reach level 30 I think I should be able to decide if I want to do a missions or not. I understand helping new player realize that it is there, but come on, I don't want a message on my screen for no reason.

If you agree please comment so they know how many people this is annoying.

If you disagree, please have a hat. :p
    • Like x 32
  2. Poo New Player

It is annoying!

+1
  3. BigDaddy14 Well-Known Player

4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Annoy existing players while putting in new stuff for new players... have people not gotten use to this by now?
    • Like x 2
  5. twist New Player

Agreed. This thing must go! Make it an option to turn off as it is helpful for new players and a major annoyance for everyone else.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're gathering feedback on this. The reason we have it in place is because we noticed new players could get lost if their main missions became untracked. We see how this can be frustrating for non-new players.
    • Like x 5
  7. X-zero Loyal Player

For now if you want it to go away you can hide all your missions.
    • Like x 7
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

If that is the case I would put an option in the settings. For veteran players they can simply opt-out of not seeing the message. This way new players still have it on by default and get see where their missions are while pleasing the veteran players.
    • Like x 3
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

It is extremely annoying. I have mine set on complete heroic acts. I hope they remove this ASAP or at least for people after lvl 30.
  10. itsaywok New Player

This should be changed but there is a simpler workaround over hiding all of your quests.

Just highlight another quest in your journal ( you do not have to track it), and voila!
  11. Kid Sorbet New Player

12. Neph Dedicated Player

Should be an option in the UI, new players would not know to turn it off till they start playing and are no longer newbs.
    • Like x 3
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Deja vu? :p

14. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Yeah this needs to get off my screen. lol...tried everything possible last night to clear that stupid warning off my screen. So annoying:p.
  15. Mr_Punch New Player

The trick i use is choose the KO 5 player mission, complete it then don't choose a new mission
  16. Burnt New Player

No need to gather, make it so. Hindsight = 20/20 It's clear it has to go.
  17. The Hornet New Player

It's bad. I've gotten to the point where I find the little level-up side missions in the open world and leave them half done just so it'll go away.
  18. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Agreed!
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

Another option to consider:

Don't have it do this once you're level 30 or when they've completed their level 30 mentor mission. Assume the player is no longer "new" at that point and expect them to manage their journal from there on out.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is what we're looking at currently.
    • Like x 3