What fights has Batman lost?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Jurgen Blitz, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

So I´m thinking about tackling a Cracked article on ths subject because I like writing, I like geek stuff and, as much as I like Batman, I also like proving people wrong. Like those who claim that "Batman wins every time".

They have to be legitimate fights. As in, a surprise hit out of nothing (like how a Talon left him unconscious) wouldn´t be taken into account.

So far I´m thinking Hush, Bane and Deathstroke. Not sure whether to include Superman, because after all it´s a man versus a demigod and, Miller´s work aside, I don´t think Batman has ever really won, while Supes has mopped the floor with him.

So, what do you have in mind?
  2. Doctor Painsoup New Player

You could argue Darkseid beat him in Final Crisis, it's been awhile but I think batman got hit by darkseid's omega beams and everyone thought he was dead. But instead was sent back in time.
    • Like x 1
  3. Doctor Painsoup New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Has2besaid Committed Player

When, pray tell has Batman lost to Hush? Hush has always given him a hard time but I don't think they've ever went one on one and Batman lost to him. I also call foul on Bane's one and only win. A street thug would have a good shot at beating Batman if he faced Bats after the gauntlet Bats had been through. As such I find Bane's win specious to say the least. Terminator is the only one I saw go toe to toe with him and win. At the end of that epic fight Deathstroke acknowledged that it was his heeling factor that saved him and that "he had gone up against the best".

I hate how Geoff has tried to play down Bat's ability. Don't buy into it.
  5. HealerHollidae New Player

I hate how prople try to hype bats. Yes he's good in his own realm (mere mortals)

But he has no place along side supes or somebody with real power. No amount of planning can prevent you from getting stomped by a cosmic level bad a**
    • Like x 2
  6. Entity Committed Player

Deathsroke doesnt have a healing factor

Lol you just got busted
  7. Lantern Landen New Player

He does. Not like wolverine's but he does have one. He can't regrow severed limbs or his missing eye but he does heal rapidly. His healing factor is one of the benefits of the experiment the military performed on him when they were trying to make a super soldier.
    • Like x 1
  8. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Bane's victory has practically been negated from subsequent match-ups. And Batman had the added excuse of being "burned out" that was unique for that storyline. I think the fact that you could only think of 3 instances where he has lost and already 2 of them can be called into question kind of proves Batman "always" wins.

And yet fans complain that Superman is too OP to be interesting, but he probably has more losses than Batman.
  9. Night hunterr Dedicated Player

10. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Batman lost to hush on their first encounter. Had it not been for Gordon and Dent... well, you can imagine
    In the case of Deathstroke, I think Batman also got squashed in their first fight.
    About Bane, yeah, I know Batman was worn up.
  11. Entity Committed Player

Superman is way OP when he defeated Goku i seriously had to reassest my life, i questioned whether or not i should live. That battle hit me hard

R.I.P Goku
  12. Entity Committed Player

Of course Batmam gets beat in his first encounter thats how its suppose to be

He loses first fight, retreats
    Second fight he wins always
    And every other fight after he wins, he has plans for everything

Batman was made to be the comeback kid
  13. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Doesn't matter how Bane won. He outsmarted the Bat, and that makes the victory even more meaningful because he beat Bruce at his own game...
    • Like x 3
  14. melvinpox Devoted Player

Um...Batman lost to your face.
    • Like x 3
  15. General Zod 10000 Post Club

*golf clap*
    • Like x 3
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

read the red dont always jump to conclusions when you dont have all the facts
    his abilitys
    Deathstroke possesses various enhanced abilities stated to be almost superhuman according to DC Bios and Comic bios.[citation needed] These include the strength of ten men and heightened speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes. He has the capacity to use up to 90% of his brain at any one time, making him a tactical genius, adept at turning opponents' own abilities against them; this can also be attributed to his years in the military and combat with various heroes. Deathstroke also possesses a healing factor in his blood that enables him to heal from physical injury much faster than a normal person; however, it does have limitations, as he could not heal his missing eye and cannot regenerate entire limbs. This enables him to recover from what would otherwise be fatal injuries, though recovering from such injuries renders him insane and animalistic for a short period. Deathstroke is also a very formidable opponent in hand-to-hand combat. He has also shown multilingualism, being able to speak various languages such as Russian, Japanese, and Korean.
  17. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I'm with you on that one. People say Bane's victory was a fluke with Bats being all worn out ... BUT ... Bane engineered that. It was step two in his plan. Step 1 - free the Bats rouges gallery. Step 2- exhaust the Bat by making him battle his entire rouges gallery. Step 3 - find the Bat Step 4 - break the Bat. The thing I hate about Bane in most media OTHER than the original Knights Fall, Knights Quest, and Knights End is that Bane has slowly gotten dumber over the years. In the beginning he was the closest thing ole Bat-Brain had to an equal or better.
    • Like x 4
  18. Has2besaid Committed Player

I think the question needs clarification. Is the OP's question in regard to a toe to toe fight when both characters see each other coming and are at each other's prime, or when someone drops out of the blue and begins to battle Bats, or when someone has a multistep plan in the works where the opponent requires something outside of himself to win.

I'm going to have to read Hush again because even in those scenarios I don't see how Hush won. Bruce barley broke a sweat in the gauntlet Hush set up, and I don't think the real Hush showed up in the first appearance. I'll admit it has been a few years.

Every couple of seasons they try to portray someone as the new hotness (anti-Batman), or Batman's ultimate enemy; only to downgrade him shortly afterward. KGBeast was beast when he first debuted (I'll never forget when he cut off his own hand to escape. My jaw dropped) and shortly afterward, the Robins were beating and mocking him. Bane was the next one I remember, but once some green kid named Azrael beat him a month after putting on the cowl, I knew it was pure luck and circumstances that allowed him to beat Bruce, a fact supported once again by a rematch with Bruce and the Robins whupping him up later. Shiva, was a lot of hype and potential but then Tim Drake, Conner Hawk (I think) and Batgirl (Cassandra Caine) beat her. Batgirl (Cassandra Caine) fought Bruce to a stand still and then they depowered her.

Then came Prometheus, who had a flashy costume, but was soundly defeated by one lash of the whip from Catwoman and then relegated to Green Arrow enemy. Deathstroke won and they still haven't had a satisfactory rematch in my opinion, however they did make Slade a Green Arrow villain in the comic books and on t.v., and had the nerve to declare Green Arrow as the guy who beat Deathstroke in pre-52 comics, so you can see where he is headed.

I call it the sixth Power Ranger syndrome. When the sixth debuts he can beat the monster the other five together cannot. A week afterward, he's depowered so the others don't feel useless. Same goes for Batman foes. A lot of hype when they first show up, but later Bruce is taking them out without breaking a sweat, as he should have from the beginning IMO. He's Batman!!! He's Deathstroke without the drugs and the healing factor, and then some since he studied and mastered every fighting style. The only his prowess should not be seen and acknowledged by D.C. universe is because when Batman is fighting it isn't for a blackbelt. He will use whatever he has to beat you quickly whether it a rock, a nerve strike, or shark repellant. If he was fighting tournament style, "he's the best,..around...nothin's gonna ever keep him down...." Are you listening Geoff!!??!!!

FYI. I believe Batman would clean Captain America's clock too without the drugs and the healing factor.
    • Like x 1
  19. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

Batman? He wins most of the fights. But he loses at the war. CHAOS DOMINATES! MOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  20. Statman New Player

Batman has likely been beaten heaps.

His true strength comes in his ability to formulate methods against his enemies where he doesn't lose again. Sadly, many of his enemies are so stuck in their ways, they're unable to adapt outside of the niche, so Batman is able to beat them more or less forever - no wonder they seem depowered from then on.