Most cringe worthy mission...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RTHERMITE, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Awww. T2 is probably my favourite :( Catwoman, Penguin, the Gotham Duos, STAR Labs Research Facility (when I can get people to play it with me). The way you can gear up by running the content then just buying a few pieces of tier gear to fill in the blanks. I think it's a shame that so many people hate it :(

Back on topic, for me it's the Toyman missions. There is nothing superheroic about them. They are an irritating novelty and I would rather have to redo the speedster races than even attempt to do one of them again.
  2. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

That is absolutely brilliant in its simplicity. I'm going to try that on my next alt.
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Spectre. Even the leveling up mission is my least favorite. I hate everything about that mission.
    • Like x 1
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

The last fight in Regal Hotel solo challenge, where Batman drops stuff, then randomly stops U from picking it up... Even now it can be annoying, although I usually just call sidekick and/or trinket pet to keep the pesky Bat occupied while I'm stuck interacting with the cog.

To be honest - I hate it every time a cog pops up during combat, anywhere.

Some Steelworks solo missions can get messy if I accidentally (or sometimes intentionally - out of boredom) aggro too many robots.

But the most cringe-worthy part of my day is the Vault. I go in there, knowing I'm going to waste a little bit of time, get nothing of any use (to be fair - the jet-pack is a neat thing to have and the only thing from the vault - except for style feats - I ever actually used) while having no fun at all and listening to Mark Hamill making a fool of himself...
    "Welcome, welcome to Joker's room of..." Ugh...
    • Like x 1
  5. Blight KOBRA Commander

I remember when I first played the game, the Metro Hospital mission with Supergirl drove me crazy.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

Completely agree.
    I got some of the toyman feats a looong time ago, never finished them. Never did them on any alts since.
    Races, did about half, never bothered to do the rest. Probably the aspect of the game I enjoy least.
    Booster Golds: I run them for the feats, but I LOATHE them.
    I get it though. The first time around, the lore is cool. Especially for players who aren't really into DC comics.
    After the first time (account-based) we should be able to skip the cutscenes.
    But, the worst part?
    That I can't get all the missions at once.
    Get one, travel there, hit the kiosks. Travel back, return it, get another and back outside again...
    Then, ending up with an inventory full of vendor trash (useless rings).
    Two ways to change this:
    1: make these two feats purchasable on alts (using the new system coming soon).
    2: Let us get the missions all at once for each police dept/safe house.

**puts 2 pennies on the table**
    • Like x 2
  7. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Giganta mission in the tomorrow district...ughh x_x
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Arkham Asylum.

Most specifically the Poison Ivy wing.

Damn how it is annoying when the vines pull you all over the place. Hate that.
    • Like x 2
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Here is advice to get it, just target the Lion Kings and just lunge them, it will be a single attack on them only. Also take out the mothers first, that would help too.
  10. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

If I only had a heart by Steelworks

AA

Oolong

Batcaves

Mercy Hosp
    - Letting cold cut eat 8 times

Toyman - Ive done 3 in over 2 years

The all time winner is the original V-Day event, only time I ever rage quit was the 1st I saw that thing, almost cancelled my sub. I'm getting angry thinking about it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

For Level 1-30 I have to say Bruno Maheim fight, he is way to OP for that level. The amount of damage he does to you compare what you do to him is out of balanced. You have to hope and pray to get to the healing barrels before he drops you like a bad habit. I always seeing people asking help on that mission, it is possible to beat him by yourself but not easy. T1 challenges I would say the funhouse is the most annoying. T2 I have to say Catwoman challenge....average of 17 minutes -25 minutes depending on gear. T3 I would say Circe Strong hold is the most annoying or Riddler just because that annoying riddle at the end you have to hear over and over again. T4 Crate mission at Stryker's Island. T5 The challenges and Family Reunion.
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Believe it or not I actually completed this with my main the first time I ran the challenge. I call it blind luck on my part.
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

For me:

8th Precinct low level mission-Why? Because there are usually a million and 1 players, hero and villain, trying to complete the same objectives and considering only 3 or 4 vortexes spawn at any given time, it usually takes me nearly an hour to complete that segment of the mission.

Spectre mission-Ugh. Simply...ugh. From start to finish. The first part when you have to save the spirits while fighting the vengeful spirits while they throw a million objects at you ping ponging you all over the place to the Souleaters who kite you all over the place, to where you must piss off magistrates and vengeful spirits and lure them into the node, which takes forever, to Glenmorgan Square where you have to fight reapers while souleaters and vengeful spirits bug the crap out of you and God forbid you're working in an area where the Judge decides to spawn meaning instant death. Pretty much the same level of ridiculousness inside the courthouse. The Green Lantern mission has the same problems in open world of getting ping ponged all over the place but that mission is slightly less annoying than this one.

Level 29 Villain Lantern Mission-Everything about this mission is annoying. Especially when you have to rescue the captured Yellow Lanterns who are guarded by about 50,000 Green Lanterns who spawn at a kill one, 2 spawn rate makes this annoying as all get out.
  14. LonelyGiants New Player

Soul Alchemy

The part where you steal the lead scientist soul is the worst pain. I'll always swoop down to a machine and instantly get dunked on by enemies that hadn't loaded yet.

All open world content bothers me a bit to be honest. Someone about to die? Too flippin bad, my buildings are still loading.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

Never really had a problem with the lion cubs. At first, sure, but nowadays, I usually get it first try on alts.
    I know which combos are AoE/Cones and which ones hit hard. Same with powers.
    Brawling, for example: Lung in to knock back (so the cub won't get in the way), then right-click hold till the big lion dies. Hardest part is making sure the mothers don't kill the cubs, and that the cubs don't get in your line of fire.
    Powers like Absorb heat, heat vision, frost snipe, swoop, all make it much easier.

Mannheim isn't all that bad. Sure, he hits like a truck, but it's all ranged. Spamming lunge can prevent most (if not, all) the damage from the red puke of death.
    Had a hard time with it when it first came out, so I kept re-running in on lvl 23-25 alts until I got the hang of it.
    I see it as a dual-edged sword. On one hand, the red puke does way too much damage for someone at that level.
    On the other hand, it can make people re-evaluate their loadouts and read their weapon combo descriptions.

Catwoman mission has good and bad as well.
    On one hand, I don't like how long it takes to complete.
    On the other hand, the gear you get from it (Mayan) is Cr 52. A nice way to boost CR, so it kind of makes sense that is a little longer.

Completely agree about the Riddler and Circe missions.
    I hate... HATE... being turned into a beastiamorph. I like my characters. The way they look and their powers. If I'd had wanted to play a rhino-man, I'd have made one. :mad:
  16. chipzes Committed Player

One of the most boring feats is the "Let Kilowog/Arkillo charge up 5 times"... and here we go, 10 minutes of waiting!
    The Flashback duo is also pretty annoying, good luck for the speed feat with 5 minutes of cutscenes - you will need it hehe.
    • Like x 2
  17. The Hornet New Player

We are aallllll eggggsszzzzzpendable!

Bloodhaven - first night I ran it I got a splitting migraine so bad I got nausea. Felt like it was the toxic sludge.
    Catwoman - because I needed the Mayan legs for ever, and I could run that thing and get almost the complete set minus the legs every time. That and it's long, and the gas part.
    Penguin subway - Again, long, and original Pengbot Maximus, or whatever he's called, is still one of the top five most difficult fights in the game.
    Nexus - because you can faceroll the first 30 minutes, get to the last fight, and the noob who toggled back to his league chat is gonna find a way to wipe the group - repeatedly - and then come to this forum to campaign for removing the kick option.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ikyotojin2 New Player

D*** lion cubs and Temple of Crime
  19. LV~ New Player

Catwoman solo challenge. No doubt about it.

Way too long.
    • Like x 1
  20. itsaywok New Player

Definitely Meta Research Wing. Time to fight Supergirl.... No, time to pick up bubble people and put them on a pad. Trash, oh okay, here's Supergirl.... Nope, time to hit some terminals. More trash and then finally Supergirl, but first you have to find the Kryptonite.

The Catwoman solo is a bit long, but it's excellent for working on your salvaging.