where r the tanks?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingghostie, Oct 16, 2013.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

Apparently all the tanks that matter are here :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  2. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

guys stop making posts like this, I know you miss the greatest tank ever, but I am not coming back.

[IMG]
  3. Death Throe New Player

I'll answer your question with a story.

I was pugging Trigon's Prison a few days ago. After getting through the first room the DPS turned to the tank and said, "Can you switch to DPS? We don't need a tank to run this." The tank obliged although he did not have dps gear. He was a team player and switched to role he did not want to play because he was told he was not needed.

I don't know about you but I don't like hanging around where I am not needed or wanted.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Vigilante Committed Player

Whenever I am in a raid and there are 2 tanks the majority usually ask one of the tanks to switch to dps role. Needing only one of a certain role out of eight means they are not as sought after so people probably switched from tanks to dps because they didn't feel as necessary as tanks. Just a theory though and likely only one of many variables.
  5. StopPerving Dedicated Player

And that's where the issue lies. It is horribly hard to level a tank, and LEARN the role as you level. Everyone is concerned with DPS only.. MOAR BURN!! Then, bang.. people hit T5.. and all of a sudden, there's not a lot of experience with timing, kiting, blocking, and mitigating damage. So the person that had to level as a DPS, is suddenly thrown in the deep end. They become discouraged, and leave tanking.
    • Like x 2
  6. Flightboy New Player

Were all hiding in league chat not LFG... Just saying...
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Because tanking is mostly used in raids, nobody really uses tanks in alerts anymore because the def buff is almost better than having an actual tank in the group. I dont think the question is where are all the tanks, but where are good tanks. Tanks are pratically forced into dps. Almost like its required for them to have mostly dps gear than actual tank gear. Raids need to be difficult again to where you need 2 tanks.
  8. Flightboy New Player

Shhhhhhhh :p
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

i'm complaining because trolls rather CC trash mob than give Dps power to burn them
  10. Delta795 New Player

At
    At this point I think you are just complaining to complain. Either get better or find better players to play with...I'm done with you
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

A troll who don't wanna give power to dps in the group tells me to get better lol
  12. Delta795 New Player

Ob
    Obviously reading comprehension isn't your forte...I already stated it is a main function of our role AND later stated SAS long as power isn't an issue. Go away
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

But then you said how dps is the problem when the group run out of power most of the time not the troll who gives power but the dps
  14. Delta795 New Player

And I stand by that...provided the controller has PoT up and is power dumping IT IS enough.
    By you're comments you want power dump power dump power dump. Guess what? If I have to do that to keep up with a bad DPS like what you describe. I run out of power and when the healer really need to heal DPS like you there is none to give.

As HL controller my stuns like like blast build my regen up faster than anything else I have..would you NOT like me to use those to keep my power up? Seriously dude it says you have a controller but by your comments I'm starting to doubt it.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I have never had a problem keeping any dps power up in an alert, maybe in a raid because the other troll was bad so when I see threads about power spamming dps I know the troll was bad in most cases
  16. ShadowStyleB New Player

Tanks but no Tanks. We Tanks should start a boycott. If we can only get into raids then run them without us.

COME ALL MY TANK BRETHEREN!! Shout it loud! TANKS BUT NO TANKS!!!!!
  17. Claire Bear New Player

Thread degenerating alert.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

until devs make it more beneficial to have tanks in alerts and raids... they will be few and far between ...

controllers are named controllers cause they control the battle field... they should be crowd controlling providing power and providing debuffs

most dps forget they have a weapon and forget how damage buffs work while using the weapon... all they usually know is put as many 60% 50% damage powers in their power tray and spam spam spam "im out of power what gives?" power comes back spam spam spam "troll i need power cmon" ...." why arent you debuffing too?" spam spam spam

however i will say the fact that mental/hl/gadgets incasements cause enemies to be immune to dmg..is a bad idea... quantum is perfect ..cause enemies (if they stay frozen in time) can still get damaged while frozen
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

personally id like to see every support roles might and precision buffed to what it is in dps stance..do away with the dps role entirely.... pvp adjust it for pvp keep the RPS system they have the game would be a lot more diverse .... it would also need a complete revamp on all the powers though to help balance the loss and ensure everyones power trays are filled with the right amount of support and damage powers....

im completely aware 75% of this game will hate this idea
  20. isamunore New Player

in the beginning when the player base was gearing up and used the synergy of 2 of every role the main tank would tackle the big guys while the second tank would gather the trash up, especially with boss battles. Of course trolls worked differently too, One would pump out power and use shields, the other would PoT, dps and cc mobs to help the tanks from taking more of a beating. As SOME players got better and could afford to use 1 tank everyone else followed suit. Fast forward to today where 1 or zero tank is in a group, 1 healer a ton of sucky dps players and controllers that are energy batteries and dont cc mobs because trolls dont spec into dom anymore tanking in this game isnt worth the time, effort or frustration. And thats' before the Dev's find a reason to nerf something on tanks every other GU. especially fire tanks that play almost nothing like they did pre GU8.