I hate respec'ing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XxReCkLleSsxX, Oct 12, 2013.

1. XxReCkLleSsxX Well-Known Player

Is there ever going to be a way to save your stats/powers?

For example being able to save the stats/powers you want and be able to just go to the chamber and choose one of your saves.

I would really like to be able to troll / pvp / dps without having to go through entire respec every time :/
    • Like x 1
  2. Statman New Player

Armouries, coming to a DCUO near you!

No time frame announced, but it's been talked about (by the devs) for over a year now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jamos Well-Known Player

I never really understood the whole respecing thing. Why not just have it so that you can allocate a skill point or unallocate without having to reset everything? Makes more practical sense, but whatever. Regardless, as was stated above, the armories will take care of the different power/skill loadouts. They'll be out... someday.
    • Like x 1
  4. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Armories can't come soon enough!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. SuperSloppsta New Player

sooner the better for armories, I still cant understand what took them 2 plus yrs to make them in the first place
    • Like x 3
  6. IIJetfire New Player

armouries will come with hall of power dlc as far as to be known and that means another longer months like another 5-10 months because war of light dlc isn't far actually but nearly around the next year.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nope :) Armories are no longer part of DLC and will be made available to every player as part of a Game Update. Same with League Halls I believe.
  8. IIJetfire New Player

LOL you gotta be kiddin.. man...thanks alot, since i don't own any much of dlc except than OC dlc for tier 5, this will be hell better than i imagined...my stupid brain:D
  9. myandria Item Storage

This is true; though I wonder what capacities the armories will be for Free, Premium and Legendary players. If the devs make armory slot access the same as inventory, then I fear it will become another topic for players to complain about. However, it will give players another reason to think about subscribing, since Legendary players have full access to the game.
  10. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I would imagine the armories will work similar to the basses. You get one for free that holds 1 spec of your character including powers and gear. If you want another to hold a different spec of that role ie precision based spec...range based spec..off role spec...balanced roll spec. you will need to pay real money for the extra slots or armory tubes to be able to.
    All I know is that I wish I knew when they were coming out and how they will work for sure.
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It would be nice if the developers just gave it away, fully functional to ALL players but only offered 1 per player, enough for your main role and off-role and if you wanted anymore you had to purchase them. No extras for Legendary, No restrictions for Premiums or Free to Play (assuming they can even get a base). Just a nice expansion to the game rather than another attempt at squeezing bucks. No nonsesne like the mods where they run out without any warning. Imagine how frustrating that would be if you had entered a raid and used the trinket to switch armor (or however they're gonna implement it) only to realise that it expired last night.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They said everybody gets one free and you display them in your base, kind of like what Batman does with all his suits and the suits of his sidekicks. Since it's part of a game update and not a DLC everyone probably gets the exact same access to them, with the option to buy more from the marketplace.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's exactly the way I'm assuming they will work, as per my post above this one.
    • Like x 1
  14. Gargamond Dedicated Player

The devs won't put in armories until we all have enough SP to not have to respec anymore. Then they will add armories so the n00bs can take them for granted, and we can all tell them horror stories about respeccing 150 SP.
  15. Mentok New Player

This is something that should have come at launch in my opinion.
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'm looking forward to that aspect of them. I will have at least 3. One for controlling, One for DPS and One for PVP. I look forward to having a unique look for each of them.

At the minute, I have a hybrid Controller/DPS PVE loadout which I use for PVP. The only optimal role is Controlling. DPS and PVP get basically whatever else I can afford with my remaining power points. It isn't optimal. I don't even have any shields for PVP. Same for skill points. I'm fully specced up as a controller. I have nothing in DPS stats.

I can't be bothered respeccing every time I want to run a different role so the other 2 roles get rejected. As a result, I'm not bothered about modding my DPS/PVP gear. When armories are introduced, I'll have a lot more reason to get involved in my off roles and might PVP more than I do right now.

They can't come soon enough.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The only thing that I can't quite figure out if we only get access is to one is that that would imply that we can switch, for example, from DPS to Controller, but we can't switch back. Which would mean you use your trinket or whatever to switch specs, but then you have to go back to WT/Hall of Doom and completely respec manually if you want to go back to DPS.

I hope it works in a fashion where it swaps your current build for the one saved in the armoury. For example you save a Controller spec in the armoury, use your trinket to call down the armour tube (or whatever they use) and when you switch to your Controller spec it will take the DPS spec you were already in and put that in the tube.
    • Like x 1
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah this is what confuses me, too. It's effectively a redundant feature if it doesn't work as you described. I could be wrong here, but I'm sure I heard in a FNL or something that the plan was to make it so you can do a main roll and an off role loadout in each armory, but I don't know if that's true. Would kinda suck, too, because I'd like to have different gear in each tube. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the plans are.