RPS System

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tvuski, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Tvuski Well-Known Player

I'm a healer, and beating tanks is pretty straight forward. Is it the combination of debuffs and the confidence boost that does it? Or is one more tactically essential than the other?

For trolls, what is it that kills me so easily? The no damage penalty, the confidence boost, their debuffs (specifically the one that reduces my ability to heal)? Or a combination of them?
  2. Zuse Loyal Player

on my main(healer) toon i always pvp with pve gear

its easier, better and u piss off ppl

but on my villain (dps) i always pvp with pvp gear
  3. Tvuski Well-Known Player

But... How does that help me? I'll have twice as much resto and no defense against players.
  4. Zuse Loyal Player

well ... i just dont pvp on my main cause i dont have space for my pvp gear :p

plus when i pvp with pve i always go with a troller and i never die cause i got power and he gets heals
  5. Yallander Loyal Player

Healers can debuff a tanks damage mitigation powers and shields for 12 seconds (vs 6 seconds for the movement mode debuffs.) Taking out a tank's mitigation doesn't = an auto win as you still have to do enough damage to take them down and most healer damage is precision based and from weapons. So if you aren't proficient with weapon counters, clipping, and conserving power.

Trollers get a damage bonus against healers, can reduce our resto by 1/2 AND reduce incoming healing by an additional 25%, thus making our heals @ 30 to 40% of their original effectiveness. You have to play smart against your counter class, look for opportunities to counter them, and if just 1 v 1 use your troller debuff movement mode power (as it will cut their vit and reduce their power return as well as prevent their shields from activating thus costing them additional power.)

I suggest using PVP gear for everything but the belt, rings and mask as the difference in HP/toughness is minimal compared to the resto. Using PVE gear only will result in higher power consumption and a need to constantly heal to overcome damage. What I do is have the CC trinket and Trigon Healer's trinket on my utility belt to increase my resto AFTER I get debuffed. This way my healing suffers less and with the extra damage mitigation I don't have to worry about being 1-2 shot by a random high precision/might DPS that counters me.

Also using Personal Dampening Field is a great way to mitigate counter damage when you are knocked down. Counter damage is typically higher than normal weapons/powers because players get the counter attack and many weapons/powers do additional damage if the target is in a compromised state.

Anyone using PVE gear only at this time is just taking advantage of a short term gear gap between PVE and PVP. PVE is currently at tier 5.5 or 5.25 where as PVP is still at T4 with T5 coming in November. This advantage will be short lived once the new PVP gear comes out.
  6. Breakforce Loyal Player

From my experience, that advantage is more significant in smaller group PVP. Focus fire from 5s or 8s can burn through the extra healing pretty quick.

And it does become apparent very early on if someone is wearing squishy gear
  7. Tvuski Well-Known Player

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to have to practice fighting trolls. They're so annoying.
  8. SuperSloppsta New Player

my opinion...if you're a duel freak go celestial healer and watch the wins rack up, I know that isnt helpfull really but man my cele heal can duel.