So is PvP gear still resetting?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Clifwing, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Clifwing New Player

I've been hearing mixed opinions on the PvP season still happening. Will they still be adding another few tiers to the PvP gear? Or did they just pull the plug on it since so many people are against this idea (myself included).
  2. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

From what i've heard it's either coming this month or in a month, but to be sure i'd ask Mepps or Spytle on FNL, and they will be correct.
    I hope it's resetting because i haven't been farming pvp :p
  3. Clifwing New Player

Yeah all I really want is a definite answer, lol. Bought replays and wondering if I need to save them or not.
  4. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Wait a little for sure. I'll do my best to find out for you
  5. Clifwing New Player

Much appreciation
  6. Yallander Loyal Player

Just one set. Tunso confirmed it at SOE live. Look up SOE Live PVP Panel or you can check my history as I posted the long version a few months ago with a link. I'm on my phone so a little hard to do plus it is a good way to practice your search-fu skills ;).
  7. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Re-setting or adding tiers?

Thought T5 and T6 are the next PvP sets coming in one of the next couple of updates?

I hope it's not another re-set, could you imagine grinding from the beginning again, I can't!

IA ARMY
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

Go watch the video...
  9. Shinzumakami New Player

OR!!! Or you can just tell us?
    • Like x 1
  10. Yallander Loyal Player

No...I've said the same thing in a dozen similar threads.
  11. Zypher New Player

I'm waiting with some friends to see what this season is like. They've been around for 3 years and in the last 6 months are completely drained of replay badge milking from traces in time PvE & seasonal PvP gear. One is proactively trying to get rid of his accounts because of it. Would be nice to see arenas come back to at least pre Hand of Fate and less of a drag.
  12. Clifwing New Player

So for the new players who are looking to start pvping will they need to go through all the first season tiers as well?
  13. Yallander Loyal Player

Yes, but the Blood Bat/Archangel will "drop off" so the first set will be Avatar. Starting now will give them a head start on next season.
  14. Zypher New Player

Didn't Tunso say that there were 2 options, either go through all of it or have everyone bumped up and compete for the top set? Did they decide?

What's the point of keeping the first option if that caused the mess in the first place? Seriously.
  15. Yallander Loyal Player

They were talking about stats on gear with that comment and not the gear themselves..IE T3 this season has weaker stats that T2 next season so the T3 (which is suppose to be the same set) would be buffed.

At least that is how I understood it. Basically prevents people from having to get the same set they obtained last season again just to have the increased stats.
  16. Zypher New Player

I don't think so because in the video he mentions the option of bumping everyone up in combat rating. It was undecided though.
  17. Iloveglue Active Player

lol i hope that, that was just a rumor cause i just got to my vengence gear o.o
  18. Yallander Loyal Player

I'll have to watch it again, but if I recall they stated they weren't sure how to deal with increased progression to keep up with PVE gear, but they had some ideas and then he stated those. I'll watch it again tomorrow and repost. He did say specifically though that you'd only have 1 tier added for next season and 1 tier to grind @ about 30 minute point.
  19. Yallander Loyal Player

Had a few minutes so checked it out...here is where he starts and confirms 1 set of gear and that the "existing" gear will just be bumped up (skip to 30 minute mark and lasts until @ 33 minutes):

He also confirms variants will still exist, players will just go back and buy the new variants for feats.
  20. Clifwing New Player

Thanks for clearing that up