error 1004, can't download game files

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by maadoo, Oct 10, 2013.

1. maadoo New Player

hey guys i've been having trouble logging on ingame for the past 15 days. each time i tried logging in, i'd get an error at the start screen. i tried the recommended fix for it ( holding l1l2r1r2 before starting the game till i see the downloading assets bar) but nothing happens. I was a legendary during that time, yet i couldn't get ingame to benefit from the money i payed for my subscription. i can log in just fine for other online games so this isn't a connection issue either. could you guys please help? anyone experienced this recently? what did you do to fix it? thanks (i'm on EU PS3)
  2. New Zealand New Player

You're not the only one, I have been experiencing this for a week & I am also on EUPS3, I have yet to find a fix. Some suggestions are reseting the router, reseting the PS3, trying a wired & wireless connection or re-downloading the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. maadoo New Player

did any of these options work for you? i tried to switch to a wired connection but i still had the error. and how exactly do you reset a ps3?
  4. New Zealand New Player

None of these worked, I received a reply from SOE why it is not working for me. It is because when you're Legendary it actives an Internet Protocol called Voip (Voice Over Internet IP) & when I launch the game it is trying to access it but my router is not compilable with the protocol as it is a hybrid so you get kicked off, to resolve this you could try disabling Voip but Voice chat will be disabled or buy a separate router & modem so the protocol can be accessed by the game.
  5. maadoo New Player

interesting. was this the first time you went legendary? if so, then i don't think i have the same problem as you because i was a suscriber for 3 months before that incident.
  6. downtimeagain New Player

this is getting old, these are problems a new game has.
    • Like x 1
  7. EngMadeira1972 New Player

ERROR 1004 FINAL SOLUTIONIf you have tried:(L1/L2 + R1R2)Restart your modem or routerformatted PS3And still did not solve the error 1004, there is still an Attempt
    *** Connect your PS3 via a 3g or 4G Connection to shape and a notebook (tutorial on Google search) after getting connected between the DC Universe and try to check the assets, did this procedure and spent the screen in 1004, apparently used to shape a new path for connection to the Server DC Universe,after 2% download you disconect PS3 from 3G Connection and return your ISP connection