Multiple Roles/Options For Armories

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ZeroLogic, Oct 5, 2013.

1. ZeroLogic New Player

I would love the ability to craft something that used the upcoming armories to gain an additional power/role.

An example would be the fact that I am a troller, but through plans and materials I would craft something to enhance an armory slot allowing me to be an electric healer. For this role I would need to level up by doing the leveling missions again to enjoy the full benefits. Gear would of course come from gear you are currently grabbing thanks to the auto loot rules now. Until I hit 30 with this role I would not get the ability have all my power points. I would also love to choose a mentor for this. This would be a LEGENDARY SUBSCRIBER ONLY ability.

This is my idea to combat the alt conversations that have been going on.

Thoughts?
  2. ShadowStyleB New Player

No.

Look the idea would make it useless to have other powers in the game or even make an alt. Just doesn't seem like an idea to move the game forward.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lightful New Player

Is this community trying to destroy this game?

Understand that you're asking for the devs to throw respec power tokens out the window. If you want to spice up the game with a new power/role, make a new toon. Personally, I think it's more fun that way anyway.
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Appropriate name for your forum account as this idea has Zero Logic, unfortunately. :D

As a player, it's a great idea. I'd love to be able to switch my powers just like that and try out all the different controller powers without spending a penny, but unfortunately the game is funded heavily by micro-transactions and one of the most popular micro-transactions is arguably the character respec token.
  5. ZeroLogic New Player

Update to put something I forgot to put in. This would be a legendary subscription only option. Subscriptions and people staying with this game are far more money than respect tokens.
  6. ZeroLogic New Player

What proof do you have that power respec tokens are a big revenue generator when compared to subscriptions and keeping people interested in a game which would leave more opportunities for people to spend money on other things? No criticizing, just asking.
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I have no hard evidence or statistics for you to back up my claims. These simply aren't accessible to a player like me. All I have is eye-witness accounts.

I can name you 6 players (I won't name them) who have bought Power respec tokens since May.
    • 3 of those players bought it to test a power out then changed back.
    • 1 of those 3 players bought a 3rd respec token to change to Celestial.
    • 2 of the 6 players changed and never changed again, one of those two did so for his alt.
    • The 6th player has bought 9 respec tokens in total since DLC7 dropped. His first was to change to Quantum.
    From these 6 players alone, that's a total of 18 respec tokens.There were also many other people who changed powers in the various leagues I've been a part of but I can't remember their names specifically.

As with all market research like this, I've taken a small portion of a larger audience to get a rough idea. Although not every player might buy 9 respec tokens in less than 5 months, buying habits are most likely to be similar throughout the entire game. Especially when new powers are released.

Basically, I know a lot more people who buy power respec tokens than most of the other items on Marketplace.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What proof do you have that Legendary subscribers contribute more money to the game than people who only do micro transactions?
    • Like x 1
  9. ShadowStyleB New Player

There is nothing to back this idea. You have to justify it more than what you have.

What would happen to those that invested the time in making alternate characters and playing them up? What benefit is this to the veteran players who are satisfied with the power they chose and play style?

You have to come out and convince players that your game breaking idea would benefit them.
  10. ZeroLogic New Player

My idea combines both revenue streams. Armories as I understand them are in an update, but the spots are limited. So to buy a new role you would need to buy an armory slot. You would then just like always pick a power. To stay consistent I choose electricity, but later I want to still heal but with sorcery. I would still have to buy a power respec token.

This benefit would be only available to those who buy a subscription which is a constant revenue stream. The cost of these special armory spots that could be upgraded would of course cost more. That would be based on looking at the numbers. So you could increase micro transactions along with subscriptions. Alts would still be viable if you wanted to have multiple characters.

I never said I know who spends more money on this game, but people on this board are quick to tell people about SOE's balance sheet.

Also no idea is game breaking. If it happened the servers would still be operational. A game breaking idea is take a hammer to the servers and erase everyones account. Other than that the game will still function if SOE chooses it to do so.