What new weapons would you like to see in?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheEpieTurtlez, Sep 29, 2013.

1. TheEpieTurtlez New Player

Ive been on Dcuo for a while now and im get sick of the old weapons even if they are good one like bow, one handed and more what does the Community Of Dcuo think about new weapons?
  2. Nogan New Player

If you could combine 2 weapons together that would unlock a lot of new weapons, and maybe more r&d possibilities.
  3. kneelb4zawd New Player

I'd like to see sword and shield
    • Like x 2
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I'm not picky. More options would be cool. I'd love a Sword and Board setup, even if that means using some of the same shield/1h animations.

I'd like to see the Catwoman/Cheetah MA style as a "feral" weapon.

I know many want and I'd give it a shot, but 1h + pistol. Again you could just use some move from both I'm sure, maybe a few more interesting ones.

The point is they could rework how the combos work, which combos and the combinations of combos.

Maybe some would say it's not different enough, me, I think they could get creative on how they reuse animations and similar weapons and make them say single target damage or ae damage and what not. There are enough different aspects to each weapon that they could juggle it all around and create whole new feels while still similar styles.
  5. BerzerkerUnit New Player

Fighting chains. It's not like a whip that hangs loose, you swing it in arcs and toss it in thrusts and its held taught around the body so should present fewer problems.

I'd also really love a close combat "damage aura" power, like hand blasters but more in your face with more economy of movement in the fighting style. We could bring back some of the "head weapon" effects and add in some kind of "effortless" gestures that cause explosions like finger snapping or crossing your arms like Dio Brando. Make the weapon itself a variety of Amulets, Armor cores and Amplifiers a d have one style for each power set. This could make it possible for players to create "Fire and Ice" style characters or Telekinetic cyborgs etc.

That's my thinking. And if anyone thinks "amulets would go in the neck slot" just be a little more creative.
  6. SuperiorMouse New Player

• claws (feral)
    • swords
    • sword & shield
    • boomerang
    • wand
    • knives
    • pistol
    • boxing
    • kungfu
    • Like x 1
  7. Cadens Dedicated Player

Whip will probably be the next id assume (based on zero evidence). Could be pretty cool. Allow for actual melee combos on a boss from a safe distance.
  8. Zeo Committed Player

We could have a advanced weapon system, where two weapons combine into another:

Sword + Shield
    Gun + Sword
    Shield + Gun
    Martial Arts + Brawling
    + a lot of possibilities!

But for new weapons I would like to see Rocket Launchers, Sub Machine Guns and Wands.
  9. geostew Well-Known Player

i just wish they would add more styles to the existing ones. Crossbows both Dual and Single for Pistols and Rifles.

Ok as for new types...how bout Nunchucks, Flails, Spears, or Wrist Munitions like Black Widow uses.
  10. Owl Devoted Player

Feral Claws
    Wand
    Whip / Chain
    Single Pistol
    Sword + Shield
    Boxing
    Ring
    Street / Dirty
    • Like x 1
  11. Rafael Mocarzel New Player

whip and chains. various heroes and villains use and is quite different from the weapons already in the game
  12. SuperiorMouse New Player

poop. i can't believe i forgot to list ring on mine. lol

i'd also like Whip/Chain but it's not technically possible to do in game. any weapon with that "bends" cannot be done. that's just praying for miracles.
  13. iTzBakura New Player

14. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

I want the ball and chain aka kill bill style
  15. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Guitar is the greatest weapon on earth!
    [IMG]
    Or a Rifle style like this!?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. CaptainAdamas New Player

I would like to see for sure and imagine would be really fun

1. Capoeira (like Eddy from Tekken)
    2. Leg Blades (with Blades on feet or Bladed Shoes with dash and jump attacks)
    3. Whip (Long Range)
    4. Boxing
    5. Throwing Knives / Kunai (Long Range)
    6. Some kinf of torpedo/rocket Arms or/and Shoulders (purely mechanic cause nothing seems to match well for people who want to play with robot/cyborg characters and that would be a nice fit)
    7. Nunchaku (Awsome!)
    8. Twin Sai
    9. Boomerang (Long Range)
    10. Throwing Spear (Long Range)