Volatile Hostiles Feat ...Does anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Master Manipulator, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Master Manipulator New Player

If you have gotten this feat.... and only if you have gotten this feat.

Would you care to share some knowledge as to how you did it?

Because we have tried many different ways and it still eludes us.

And Im starting to think it may be glitched
  2. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

No idea...would love a hint or two.
  3. Radium Devoted Player

Only made one attempt at it which didnt work out.

The only thing I can think of is a 4 DPS setup with everyone hard switching when they spawn.

Edit: Maybe even 5, I forgot that they come out it pairs sometimes.
  4. Dogzday Dedicated Player

That's interesting I'm actually curious to see someone get this Feat. They do walk around for about 5-10 seconds before they go terrorist on you and that could be enough time for 4 highly coordinated DPS to burn them down. But are they subject to CC, even for 5 more seconds? If so, then this 10 pt. (I think) Feat is plausible, but for right now, it's a myth imo.
  5. Lightful New Player

Haven't heard of anyone that's completed it yet
  6. Anhur Committed Player

We've tried on a couple of, unsuccessful, occasions to get this and I've not heard of anyone else achieving it - I dare say it is one of those "future proofed" feats, unobtainable now but made for you to return to it as you get full CR88 if not a few T6 pieces for the higher burst damage.
    • Like x 2
  7. Zylo Committed Player

ive tried to go for this feat a couple of times and they all turned out to be fail. they spawn an explode way to quick....heck some times they spawn only to take 1 or 2 steps just to explode. for a 10point feat its hard to complete it.
  8. Master Manipulator New Player

So Devs could this feat be bugged?
  9. Bobburt Committed Player

The closest we've come to getting this feat was when we missed one volatile robot- it didn't die fast enough. I believe it was 3 dps/3 trollers. As soon as they come out, everyone focused on them.
  10. Radium Devoted Player

I guess its just like 15 minute paradox, something thats just not obtainable right now.
    • Like x 1
  11. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I have not fully tested this theory but I have heard they will not go into "boom boom" mode until they have gotten in the proximity of a player. The only way I can think to test this is to insure all players are out of the circle area during the fight until you focus down the Volatiles from a far. Once you have killed them move as your team wishes until the last add from that wave of spawns is standing. Once that happens move out of the circle area again and wait for the next wave of Volatiles to spawn. Rinse repeat until the Boss is dead.
    This of course only works if the theory is correct that they will only try to blow up once they touch or get in the area of a player.
  12. Void cell Well-Known Player

fast-forward to 10:50 [if you cant see video its because its uploading, check back]
    • Like x 5
  13. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

We tried it but it was our 4th attempt and the feat didn't pop. We figured it was because you had to get it on the first try. This was before GU32. Haven't tried it since the update.

It'd be nice if we could get some clarification. We just assumed it was like the Prime feats, gotta get them first try.
  14. SKAVANGER408 New Player

One of my buddies got the feat but it was pure luck.
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

Yeah it has to be on first try. Otherwise disband and retry lol
  16. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Figured :( It was late and we didn't want to go through those rooms again lol.
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

Thanks for sharing but figured smth. to note which makes it easier (we done it with 4 dps pre-nerf): Tank should move the boss to the left or right entrance corner so the group can stick to the middle and reach volatiles easier. Also makes it easier to reach Supply Drops.

General notes: 3rd wave doubles the amount of Volatiles - kill them - and boss should be down to 30% around, just drop everything and ignore any other upcoming volatile and focus burn, you will be fine even when a Volatile spawns, your burn should be high enough to kill him before he goes to explode.

Or just get 2 Nature DPS (yeah fill the other spots with whatever XD) in and laugh at OP Harvest as done on EUPC lol
    • Like x 1
  18. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Thanks for the new info.
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

So you guys get it? They explode as soon as our powers hit them. In the video above it looked like the exploded weird.
  20. RSL New Player

this sounds like a good task for armories, no?