Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I've been trying to test ben and ml more. I still haven't found any thing more than what I found earlier. Doing ben to mal is a heal based on dot and mal to ben is a heal based on dot and a separate one based on total damage done.
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

Puh ... just did my first solo-heal on uspc with my shabby 3.2k resto I really need to mod my gear lol
  3. Yallander Loyal Player

What type of numbers have you seen? I've been cycling my dps trinkets (CC and Trigon precision) and have seen heals as big as 1800 on combo finishers with regular numbers of 400-500.

I just wish we could see the healing teammates get from this buff.
  4. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I see around 400-600 average when I spam admonish c blight CS on the batmans in nexus.
  5. Ekaterina Committed Player

I was doing some 4v4 with a nature, sorcery healer and a gadget troll. I did my death mark cBlessing and the sorcery healer popped his Boon of Souls and my shield disappeared. I tried to reapply it but it never showed back up until Boon of Souls was gone. Dont believe that is working as intended Please devs look into it
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Hmm, so the cooldown on Mal is shorter? Honestly, never tested that. Just assumed that since they mirror each other, the cooldowns would be the same.

Edit: Just perused the cooldown numbers on page 1 (yeah, I'm late to the party, lol). Interesting aspect to the combo mechanic that I hadn't appreciated. Being able to work the cooldowns to get more casts out of certain powers is very unique. I'm sure there's been more discussion on this. I'll have to go back through the whole thread.
  7. mgkaenzo Committed Player

When he put another shield on yours your cBlessing will explode.
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

Mal's cooldown is 1/2 Bene's. IMO Mal/cBene is more of the "healer" version of this buff where as Bene/cMal is more the DPS version (based on effects of healing vs just additional damage.)

I have basically made Mal/cBene my static HOT so long as players are fighting, they get healed. It works better in PVP than CS and is harder to interrupt.
    • Like x 1
  9. DEATHTAG New Player

Wouldn't it be better to just use a melee weapon with any of these combos? Your using a rifle which I know is good tap range damage. But since there is only 1 tap range per rotation, wouldn't the crit buff from melee weapons give you more damage throughout the whole rotation for a whole raid?
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Im not calculating for crits because I haven't figured out that math yet.

If you use MA and hold triangle instead of ranged tap the subtract 943 dmg from those numbers to get the dmg with melee non crit

I do believe if you're not using RDJ then melee wep is the best bet over the course of a raid.
  11. DEATHTAG New Player

Ok that makes more sense without the crits being envolved. RDJ is great with rifle. Not for me though on PS3. I do some of the rotations you posted. They are great for range. I just wish AcB was a little more mid range or a little further range then it is now. They should put a tac mod in for like 25% non interrupt resistance since we don't have a 60% buff lol. I always seem to get knocked out of a lot of combos when I melee.
  12. Cadens Dedicated Player

Wish I had that luck lol... Sacrifice was instant death for me in nexus and wave.
  13. Ekaterina Committed Player

Why though?
  14. Cadens Dedicated Player

So what is your loadout? Trying to land DoTs as a healer in wave sounds like a bad idea lol... Does Mal/ben only heal the players who have the weapon buff, or will it heal any player in the raid that has lowest health? Ive been able to use it in alerts, just not sure how viable that is for a raid.

Regardless though, the heals are very slow and really poor.
  15. Tikkun Loyal Player

I blame the tank for being so good at pulling aggro back. The tank hardly dies which is good, but furthers my choice not to take it along.
  16. Cadens Dedicated Player

Ha maybe, but at the end of the day, I would have to announce using it so the tank could immediately try to pull aggro back. With people talking and the tank concentrating on something else, I never found it very feasible. One way to help is to cast your own shield first, then press this power. At that point though, it becomes situational waiting for a cool down on shields. Could also use personal dampening shields though...
  17. Tikkun Loyal Player

I kinda feel like Sac is mostly good if you die lol. I actually discovered a neat trick with Idol in Paradox. If you have more than one Celestial and pillars pop up while you're fighting a side boss, have them all drop Idol next the the pillars you want to destroy and it'll take them down fast with very little extra effort. It works best dropping idols next to the same pillar and then running to the next one to destroy. Throw in some ticks from CS, a renew combo, and pulse beam, and the pillar will be down in no time. We tend to only knock out the pillars close to the group when a side boss is up.
  18. zickyjacks New Player

On a random note. Has anyone looked into the power interactions. ie if something is cleansed, is there any addition damage if you hit it with a corrupt combo vice versa?
  19. BrotherMutant New Player

Only interaction I know if is "purified". Is that what you meant? As far as I know, our only PI means we get heals from attackers doing damage to us when they are "purified".
  20. BrotherMutant New Player

I got a question in the healing side,
    a fellow leager pointed out that CS had a heal associated with it beyond its HoT but only for targets that were purified. Not sure if this is true but the reasoning was in regards to the phrasing of the "releasing or consuming of souls". Anyone know more about this? Like should I be targeting enemies I have purified for max effect?