Origin Crisis Hurt The Game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nekron 99, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

I definitely concur. I rather for devs to distribute smooth and mid level challenging content that pleases players instead of glitchy super expert level contents that possibly 1000s of players disapprove of. Some players need to understand that DCUO is meant to casual and fun for many first and not ultra difficult for a few and the majority of players have spoken with a decline of players and subs alike. I'm sorry hardcores but I dont want to see DCUO die due to the sheer immaturity of the few who thinks harder content makes a better game and it does not. I enjoy a good challenge sometimes but I want the majority of the DCUO player base to enjoy the game I have come to love.

I am glad to have this thread as the mature and rational players are overcoming the kids for a change and I am grateful for that. If those that do not like the change of content moving forward, then you are more than welcome to leave and explore other gaming options as every game is not catered to the hardcore challenging crowd and thats reality like it or not. I liked DLC7 but I love and enjoy DLC8 and I thank devs for going back to DCUO content roots with DLC8. I think its pretty selfish to spew so much anger because a game doesn't have your best interests at heart or players disagree with your mindset as a gamer. I feel the DCUO players are a unique and diverse group and its about time we become more constructive with our disagreements and as this game matures....so should our communication as a community in DCUO.
    • Like x 4
  2. QueueHatman New Player

Even then, an all Damage run can be done if all four players surround Fate and block. It takes a bit of luck and may require a reset or two but you'll eventually wear them down if you kill them in time. It requires some skill (as you cannot allow them a second run at Fate, they damage themselves on you, they must die) but it is feasible even without a healer.

In so far as no competition for loot... couldn't be more wrong, at least as Damage role. If you're using your role then there's less of a problem but since I'm planning on changing powersets (and thus changing roles since I'd be going Controller to Tank) I'm gearing up Damage and will eventually get a Tank set while learning how to tank once that respec is done. I've lost pieces from people who were rolling for a change at salvaging a Complex.
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I agree to this even though I really don't think it matters.

I said before that the Dev's will kill the game and it appears that this is the case.

In my league I once explained that DCUO would survive a lot of the releases that were coming out because it is a fun game.

When they came out with DLC 7 the LFG channel was moving so fast that it was very hard to even see people shouting for anything other than DLC 7 content.

People began pointing fingers. Not enough burn. Fire tanks can't do it, we need Ice tanks.

Trolls power was not good enough.

Then they merged the friends list and it slowed down.

The usual threads were started where did everybody go.

Of course they said it is summer some on vacation they will back when school starts.

Now that school has started back, over the weekend there were long pauses on the LFG chat.

Somebody posted previously, in 1 of these threads recently, that you know when people get bored they start talking silly in the trade chat.

I truly believe the Dev's did do a good job with DLC 7 they invested a lot to give the community what was asked of them.

Unfortunately the community that they were listening to was very small.

I like what some of those who posted in this thread and others, some of what they say is really funny.

But the community is bigger and better than that and more valuable.

I cannot express the contempt by some who were beast on this game before me who have showed me how to clip and how to do my role properly.

Those who would stay in Arkham asylum and die over and over until will finally give up to go and get marks to buy better gear to complete it later.

That was fun only because we knew we would complete it very soon and soon we did.

Going to fight the sub avatar was very fun for us in my house because we were not legendary and it lead me to not just get 1 subscription but 3 and would have purchased a 4th but with the way the responses are because the Dev's listened to a few and they choose to let a few give em a sense of direction I am withholding 1 because it may not survive I don't know.

Just look at the things that are being said now casuals vs hardcore.

It does not take a hardcore gamer 2 + years to reach the top it takes a year or less with no high toons or friends.

To completely catch a "hardcore" gamer is hard unless it's done by a hardcore gamer.

We all are hardcore gamers we play DCUO and most of us could have spent money on some other hobby or something else.

We all put money into this game if premium or a subscriber.

If those that wish to see it go by the wayside only because they have some type of contempt for this type of game then let them go but by no means should players ever feel like a lot of the players feel right now about DCUO.

Sorry for the long post but somebody has to speak out and let it be known that DLC 7 truly did hurt the game.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I think the majority of the people who complain about the OC raids would welcome this. Especially if the devs could fix a glitch or two as well.

I point this out as an outsider reading the posts on this thread and other threads (not being able to run T5 content yet).
    When it comes to the OC raids, I have no opinion of my own to color my feelings on the raids.

Overall, very few people seem to be complaining about the difficulty just the cheap 1-shot mechanics, the glitches, and the poor rewards for the effort.
    And most agree that the 1-shots wouldn't be as bad without the glitches.
    Thus, if they could fix the tells on the 1-shots and improve the loot drops, I think most people would be far happier.

But some would still gripe.
    • Like x 3
  5. Kevington New Player

I guess I'd ask why have one-shot mechanics at all? It's lazy, cheap, unimaginative game design. One shotting after an enrage timer, sure. But random, constant one-shots do not an enjoyable raid make.
    • Like x 1
  6. iLoveFranny Active Player

Is quantum still a good dps?
  7. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Yes, yes it is.
  8. Flea New Player

If I had to guess I would say to counteract clipping. If dps could just hold their ground without fear of one shots enrage timers really wouldn't matter. One shots always exsisted in this game but never at this pace and this is all I have been able to come up with.
  9. The Incredible Fly New Player

I very much agree with this thread, and after reading much of the comments, I would say if there's one thing they should do to improve the raids it would be to guarantee every player an item. What I mean by that is, a group loot after every boss as usual, but also a monthly box per-boss that has either a weapon, ring/necklace or piece of gear in it. That way, you could get up to 3 pieces of gear a month from the raid. Which sounds somewhat ridiculous because you could be full T5 in just a day with replays, but if you can still be one-shotted is it really a problem being able to gear up that fast?
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

If you made the monthly box item unattuned, it would be very welcome!
    Keep the useless drops in the raid, but have the gold prize in the monthly box.
    Replays would sell like crazy!
    • Like x 1
  11. Lucaefor New Player

That is an excellent suggestion and perfectly gets round the problem of loot sharing, where an unlucky player could end up with nothing for their efforts because of needer greeders and poor loot rolls.
  12. ItsHard New Player

its has been a month now since i got any upgrade from those raids.
    just finished another paradox(did not reset it) with 2 boss up and yet no upgrades for me,
    i got the 87shoulder and the 87feet that i already had from the very first run i did,
    i only run nexus to get it out the way, i dont even go there expecting to actually get anything usefull anymore.

And I not going to lie, i don't see anything changing on the new dlc's,
    with the new loot system the only answer you will get from them and most of the community is
    "sucks to be you,better luck next time", and for that i will answer:
    "soon there will be no "next time" because my sub is about to end, and
    after playing for a month without making any progression i'll be done after it ends.

and 1 more thing:
    What is hurting the game isn't the origin crisis dlc,
    what is hurting the game is the dev's trying milk every liltle penny we got,
    in everyway they can think of, they can make the next raid as easy as fos 3 or OAN,
    if they keep the same loot table system P.Wave and Nexus have people will hate that too.
    • Like x 1
  13. PaperGirl New Player

Posted that in another tread to answer to those who think loots system is good .

I completed Paradox 40 times (with ereplay badges ofc).

So i completed Paradox 40 times with my Tank , i got only Traces in Time feet for Tank .

1 year = 52 weeks
    40 Paradox runs = almost 40 weeks for this raid = almost 1 year.
    Traces in time set has 8 parts for completing the set : Head, chest , back , legs, shoulders , hands , belt feet.
    So with the drop rate for my tank i need 8 x40 weeks to complete just this set .
    8x40 weeks =320 weeks=
    320 weeks = 6.1 year

Interesting isn't it ?
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

As much as I don't like the loot tables atm, too - this does not make any sense beyond trolling.

Sooooo I got my Traces in Time controller legs after like the 45th Nexus run, my controller traces in time back after the 4th or 5th Paradox Run. So now that I made that clear it is pretty obvious that I need to run
    Nexus 180 times after all to get all the traces gear that "should" be there somewhere in the loot table.
    Luckyly for me, I only need to Run Paradox 16 to 20 times at all to get my traces gear out of this. Seems like I get my traces gear faster than you \o/ hooray

Furthermore if you run dox 6.1 years you will still not have the set completed because you obviously didn't run Nexus for the other traces pieces you'll need.

No.
  15. PaperGirl New Player

You have some nice arguments to say no ?

Doesn't matter anyway , 40 runs Paradox and 1 Traces in Time Part only , nothing more to say , that means without replay in 40 (9months) i could have only 1 Tank 88 part .

Your argument will be interesting when you will post me screenshot of your shoulders and head Trace in Time , i wish you good luck with that .
  16. PaperGirl New Player

Schimaera said:
    “As much as I don't like the loot tables atm, too - this does not make any sense beyond trolling.

Sooooo I got my Traces in Time controller legs after like the 45th Nexus run, my controller traces in time back after the 4th or 5th Paradox Run. So now that I made that clear it is pretty obvious that I need to run
    Nexus 180 times after all to get all the traces gear that "should" be there somewhere in the loot table.
    Luckyly for me, I only need to Run Paradox 16 to 20 times at all to get my traces gear out of this. Seems like I get my traces gear faster than you \o/ hooray

Furthermore if you run dox 6.1 years you will still not have the set completed because you obviously didn't run Nexus for the other traces pieces you'll need.

I'm trolling ? !)

Seems like with what i quoted in red you'r trolling yourself .

If you didn't use replays , you could have dropped your legs only after 45 nexus runs.

45 Nexus runs = 45 weeks = 10 months .

I agree you'r dropping the gear fast .
  17. Whiteroom New Player

The whole "Replayed 40 times" thing is why the loot tables are bad.
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

My favorite part of this thread so far is PaperGirl basically telling us how we're all scrubs and need to learn to play the game, but now is making a threads saying how raids are unplayable because of a little bit of server lag.....

Welcome to basically EVERY weekend (and even some weeknights) on USPS3. Now add on top of that tells, moves, and shields not rendering, and toss in the occasional chat going down. Still think we "need to learn to play" or are there actual issues that need to be fixed to make these raids playable?

This is what the majority of the people are saying. If they fixed these issues and tweaked the loot drops a little these raids would be viable. Unfortunately in their current state, not so much. The vast majority just want these raids to function as intended, not nerfed into Gates 2.0 or anything.
    • Like x 5
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

You got me wrong here. All I was saying is that your example is invalid and looks more like a desperate exaggeration (which I can understand) regarding the 'insane' rarity of traces in time gear. While it took 40 runs for you I'm sure others only needed a few to get a piece they needed. A friend of mine (Ramsor/Godrig EUPC you may know him) got his Traces Legs the first run he was in Nexus, even though he didn't got all the gear he needs after four Nexus runs.. Its like flipping a coin. Having a 50:50 ratio on Heads or Tails doesn't mean every second flip ends up tails.
    After all I agree that the drops are not well thought through, especially for Nexus but I'm not sure about Paradox. The raid has a new mechanic that players have the ability to increase the chances of better loot by chosing to take side bosses into the final fight. I can imagine that because of this the loottables of Dox will remain the same.

I have a little feeling that you take many things too seriously and you quickly feel offended.
    • Like x 1
  20. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Something to consider when determining % of drops in Paradox is exactly what you are pointing out in your post that there is a different loot table based on side bosses up during the final fight. If someone for 10 weeks (or 9 replays) runs Paradox with all bosses up at the final fight they could get an idea of the top % of Traces gear dropping although I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Additionally it would still be a best guess since you would need multiple peoples data over those 10 runs (presumably all 8 individuals each time) so you would have 80 samples to average from. Then you would need to run the raid 10 more times with no side bosses up at the final fight to get the lowest % of Traces gear. This would then give you the % range of the getting the loot and you could determine from there how long it would take to acquire the full set on average from the longest to shortest time periods.

Just running the raid a bunch of times and not keeping track of what bosses are up doesn't give a full picture of the loot drop percentage averages.
    • Like x 3