The problem with the content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by algiz99, Sep 10, 2013.

1. algiz99 Active Player

Ok I'm really glad that we got new solo content with this new dlc but I'm sorry to say I'm still not happy. The reason being is that I have to wait till I have a cr of 86. This doesn't mean I want them to lower the cr and I'm working my way up to it, I just want more of what you've done already. Instead of having solo content that goes up to level 30 I want that content all the way up to T5, or raise the the level cap up to something like 50 because there's no way near enough solo content. Everybody knows that reaching level 30 is way too quick and to be quite honest I'm getting a little bored of the missions, we need more.

Another problem with this game is that it's not immersive enough and it's a bit lifeless. There's a whole DC universe which were not really exploring and using to it's full potential. Here's an idea I had. We got three power origins Magic, Meta and Tech the problem is that they don't really matter because a magic character can more or less do tech missions and meta missions and vice versa, a magic character can also buy tech gear and vice versa. Lets bring this aspect into the game more and make a more immersive experience. We have a renown system with The Sentinels of Magic, Wayne Tech and Star Labs. After we hit level 30 we join the JLA, but what about the rest of the DCU? It stands to reason if you're a magic character you may run into The Sentinels of Magic or if you're a Tech based character Wayne Tech may have interest in you. Lets have magic characters work with Sentinels of Magic, Tech based characters work with Wayne Tech and Meta characters work with Star Labs. Make them work with them exclusively or have something were if a magic based character works with Sentinels of Magic he/she gets triple or double the renown than a character of a different origin. This will make you're character origin matter more especially if you can get exclusive rewards that other origins can't.

In order to make it more immersive let's open up The Oblivion Bar, Wayne Tech Tower and Star Labs. Anybody else come across Wayne Tech Tower and wish you could go inside? It's just a major part of DC lore just standing in the middle of Gotham doing nothing. Open up Wayne Tech Tower, as a tech based characters grows in renown enable them to get special tech, allow magic characters to go into The Oblivion Bar and learn enchantments and spells to boost their powers, a meta character can go to Star Labs and get genetic enhancements.

I know we have this a bit already but as a stated before its kinda redundant because all characters can get the same stuff and do the same missions. Doing this will make you're character's origin matter more and get you involved with other parts of the DCU.

I'm tired of going to the Watchtower I want to interact with other parts of the DCU, the keyword here is interact. Why couldn't we also earn money this way? What if a tech character did research for Wayne Tech and worked in their labs, and a magic based character worked at the bar or as a bouncer for The Oblivion Bar?

Oh I haven't mentioned group content because it's fine. I guess it could be improved because nothings perfect but that's the best part of this game.

EDIT: By the way I'm not proposing that we close off certain parts of the Watchtower to different character origins and only allow magic characters to have magic armor I'm saying leave that how it is and add this system I'm suggesting as well.
    • Like x 1
  2. Owl Devoted Player

There is solo content that gets you to T5. Hero examples below:
    • Tier 1 Solo Challenges: Joker's Funhouse, Lair of the Spectre, Mannheim's Chinese Theater, Meta Research Wing, Science Police Headquarters
    • Tier 2 Solo Challenges: Gotham City Sewers, Gotham Old Subway, Gotham University Warehouse, The Greenhouse
    • Tier 2 Battle for Earth daily missions in South Gotham
    • Tier 3 Solo Challenges: Circe’s Stronghold, East End Regal Hotel, Monarch Playing Card Company, S.T.A.R. Labs Facility
    • Tier 3 Lightning Strikes daily missions in Central City
    • Tier 4 Home Turf daily missions at Ace Chemicals & Stryker's Island
    • Tier 5 Origin Crisis Iconic Anomalies: The Hunt, Test Subject #1
    • Tier 5 Sons of Trigon daily missions in Gotham Wastelands
  3. Light Of Ace New Player

I actually had a thread about these earlier today, but anyway aren't these more like T1.5 because you can do them as soon as you hit 30 just you don't get gear until CR43, just saying.
  4. algiz99 Active Player

Everything up to T3 has probably been done already, you're just repeating stuff you've done before. The Home Turf daily missions were kinda alright it just sucked a bit for me cos I was a healer and didn't have damage gear. It would have been nice if i could enter the bases on my own and not as a group, again that's repeating stuff you've done before. There are some solo missions in Central City but you can't solo it all

I also don't really like the idea of having daily missions were I can only do so much in a day, I would prefer to just have more missions and then when I'm done I stop. I'm not saying it's bad I would just prefer it done differently. Overall the solo content is still lacking.
  5. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

While I would definitely like to see more solo content, especially challenge modes (ultimately I'd like to see all the pre-30 instances have a challenge version), I can see that there may be two potential issues.

1) By giving us more missions in lower tiers our progression would be accelerated. Unlike other MMOs, there isn't the content in this game to support us advancing a character too quickly. If you look at other MMOs, you have expanses to explore, crafting systems that you can invest yourself in, dungeons that take hours or days to complete (and not just because the enemies one hit you or the mechanics ar buggy).
    2) If they give us more content, then there is less need to spend replay badges.

Like I said, I'd love to see more content of all types at all levels, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
  6. X-zero Loyal Player

The game use to work a little like that but people complained they wanted all the tiered armor available to everyone. And as it stands most people only enjoy about 1/2 the content since it split between heroes and villains if they made your mentor matter and you didn't work for anyone else at all then most people would only get to experience 1/6 of the content.
  7. algiz99 Active Player

Well something I did suggest is that magic characters simply progress more easily, but everybody still has access.

You could raise the level cap to 40 or 50.
  8. Baryon Boy New Player

Umm, unless stuff changed in the t5/SoT content mentor choice only matters for 3-4 missions from level 1 to 30 and the villain-side content seems like it's about 80% rehashed hero content.

DCUO has a good amount of content but it's not really gated by mentor or faction at all.
  9. SuperiorMouse New Player

good post. this has been a very long standing issue with the game that was talked about at length at launch up until around T3 was introduced. it's not discussed any more because players were given content to complete but there is still a lack of solo content in that tier range. it would be nice if there was solo content that would take you up to the Home Turf solo content.

you probably won't get much attention to this though, since most people won't be affected by this issue (they're already way past you) and aren't likely to support anything that doesn't affect them. -- way of the world.
  10. Darth Loyal Player

If you want to play a game with a lot of solo content than you shouldn't be playing an MMO....
    • Like x 1
  11. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

How so? There are a number of reasons to play an MMO without actually grouping with other people. The Massively Multiplayer in the title makes no mention of actually playing with other people after all - it just states that there are a lot of people playing at once. Just a few reasons people might play solo:

1) Persistant World - When you finish a single player game, it's done, over. Here someone can keep playing, especially with content being released continuously.
    2) The Game doesn't exist as a solo - There is no solo game out there with this combat system that allows me to create my own superhero in the DC Universe. None. To suggest that someone should go play something else implies that all games are equal, which they aren't.
    3) Even without grouping there is a social aspect - You can still interact with people without wanting to group with them. You can trade and talk and compete and observe. Doing this with static NPCs is not the same as interacting with living beings.
    4) Having other people playing in the area makes the encounters more dynamic - The open world levelling areas were great for this where people would be constantly helping and hindering each other, not to mention competing for exobits and collections.
    5) It's what people want - Not everyone, but many and this is a trend we can see in many MMOs. People enjoy solo content, more importantly they'll pay to play it. SOE (or any company) wants to make money so they provide what people want. Look at DCUO and the amount of content of each type - it becomes evident to me that based on sheer quantity of content solos and four man are the most popular (and my poor duos are the least).
    6) Challenge - Getting through content solo is much more of a challenge than grouping.

Personally I'm a small group kind of person, but I can certainly understand why someone would want to play solo.
    • Like x 6
  12. PaperGirl New Player

PLay solo in a MMO seriously i'll never understand people like that ....
  13. REEEPR New Player

When people bore me with their strange social behaviours like complaining constantly or just being anti-social in general, i enjoy the solo content. When it mellows out i enjoy the group content. When RL gets to me i put music on and enjoy the solo content. Seriously, without solo content, the only option to escape the bad mooders is to play another game if we had no solo content.

That's why people like having both types of content. Not really a lot of understanding to be done on the subject.

Now thinking everyone should behave the same is something "I'll" never understand. Now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to solo a raid for a challange.
  14. algiz99 Active Player

Look you know what guys people aren't too keen on the exclusive mentor thing. I wasn't really suggesting them as mentors but other groups you work with. The point I'm trying to make is this......you hit level 30 you join the JLA, now what? What happened to becoming the next legend? There's all this DC lore they're not using to it's full potential. Also whats up with the powers choices stopping at level 30, the story isn't over so why have the powers?

Ideally all the group content you get should be after you finish leveling but you level too quickly you need to raise the level cap to at least 50. Also open up roles to all powers.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Classic PaperGirl, ignoring everything in the entire thread to post hateful remarks...

I think algiz99's point raised is a very good one to which I agree. Just because it's an online game doesn't mean you should play with other people 100% of the time. His explanation is very good and makes a lot of sense. I've only played World of Warcraft, so I can only comment on that, but there's 90 levels worth of solo content (I believe...) and it's arguably the most popular online role-playing game of all time.

There does need to be more solo content, but there also needs to be more content in general. I understand why there isn't, due to budget restrictions etc. but there's no reason why they can't just give us the exact same instances we played through the leveling up missions when all they'd have to do is adjust the loot tables of the bosses and the stats of the mobs (which they did in the last game update, so I don't see why they can't do it again)

With that being said, I can also see exactly why they don't do that. If they give us more opportunities to earn marks, the speed in which to attain gear will increase, thus resulting in a drop in the sales of replay badges. At the same time, though, overwhelming a player with a vast amount of content will keep them entertained for longer than the prospect of running the same small selection of instances for weeks on end.
  16. Master Manipulator New Player

Dude this is an MMORPG

Massively MULTIPLAYER Online Role Playing Game
  17. algiz99 Active Player

So here's something I suggest. Maybe we need a more open dialogue with the devs and players. As it stands I think it's pretty good because I do think the devs do listen to players.

One of the things I noticed is that the devs do listen to the players and they try to fix certain issues but they don't seem to do it to their full ability this is probably due to the budget and manpower. Sometimes I wish that the devs could really fix issues instead of partially fixing issues and moving onto something else. So let's say we want more solo content and we really want the devs to focus on this and grab the issue by the scruff of it's neck, the devs will probably tell us that certain sacrifices are going to be have to made. A hypothetical example could be that they have a new dlc coming in 3 months but in order to get the solo content they're going to have to cutback on other aspects of the game. That will be fine as long as it's an arrangement discussed between devs and players.

The point I'm trying to make is the game obvously needs to be financed and they they have limited resources, but if finance is a problem as well as manpower it's need to be discussed how the game can be financed and the players can still get what they want.
  18. Poo New Player

I really don't understand this mentality. MMO does not mean that you are linked up with and can only accomplish things with other people. It simply means that multiple people are playing the same game and can interact with each other.

I prefer solo content (that can be multiplayer if you want) over alerts/raids. Like the Avatar area in Gothham, CC, Ace/Strikers and now the Wastelands. We need more of this type of content. It's really a shame that we have 2 big(ish) cities and once ya hit lvl 30, there is little to no reason to explore them.

Of course if we could just unplug the PS3 from this game... lol
  19. Abstrakt Loyal Player

I agree with op with all but level cap. Take the level 23 quests the catwoman penguin mission and the question missions.
    Id love to see more of those. More missions like that would be a great addition. The mentors are kind of useless after level 30. you gain renown but its just for feats. I think as you gain renown after 30 more missions should open for you. If your a tech player and get renown magic magic missions open the same for meta.
    While this is an mmo some times i like to just grind solo stuff when friends are not on. Like I said the level cap is fine after 30 its about skill points and also now about cr.
  20. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Solo content is always going to be a lower priority in an MMO. With limited resources the bulk of the effort will always go into group content.