Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Yup if you combo i to Ben from Mal you still get the crit buff. The big reason to clip Mal with Ben is time it cuts the cast time down to almost nothing but it's a lot more power hungry. Also the Perc dmg from Mal is garbage it isn't worth combing into at all in my math Mal is the only power that does less dmg in its Perc form then its might form.
  2. DEATHTAG New Player

Ok so Mal should be on the load out then. If Mal cool down is almost 13s and Ben is 24s, you should do MalcBen. Now how long is the Ben buff last? So you could essentially have that buff up almost all the time cause your cleansing into Ben bypassing the long cool down. Am I right?
  3. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Page 1 is saying its 12 seconds but I think it's more like 8. I'll have to time it when I get home tonight.
  4. DEATHTAG New Player

Ok we'll even if it was a 8 sec buff, that is still like being buffed almost 2/3's of the time which since we get no power interactions from other power sets that's pretty good.
    So I've been playing around with ScH and HcS and can't really figure out which one is better. ScH is more Prec and HcS is more might. Is there a difference like one is more single target and the other is more AOE? I use RcW for my single and Admonish for mele AOE but I'm looking or something quick and cheap for more of a range AOE other then PcDL. Any suggestions?
  5. Thechemicals New Player

Are you saying that darkpacts 35% superpower buff works with celestial combos? It doesnt.
  6. Lights Derp Loyal Player

ScH is you fast, cheap, ranged AOE combo. RcW is also ranged AOE but it is targeted and has small range around the target.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lights Derp Loyal Player

No I said in the rotation I posted Mal, Plague and the first 2 casts if retribution are effected. I didn't say that the combos were effected at all. I did however say that you don't need to spam powers just because DP is active.
  8. DEATHTAG New Player

Huh didn't know RcW was a little AOE. So many number flying around hard to tell lol. It did seem like ScH was hitting better but I did like the big Prec hit from HcS that you can get for a grand. I'm going for the might 86 gear and just mod with Prec since I hop around to different powers alot. It's kind of a shame we don't have a 60%er or it doesn't seem like a lot of people like using Defile for the non interrupt mods. What is everyone using on that mod now? HL can at least use the shield health one. Would be nice if they added something like a 25% resistance to get knocked out if your combo mod somewhere. Lol meleing some stuff can be a bit if a pain getting bumped out of your combos.
  9. Thechemicals New Player

What else would you do instead of spamming might based powers while getting a 35% might buff for 5 seconds? Darkpact isnt cheap so there is no reason to activate it and then do weapon combos, or heal, or celestial combos. The combo i used with Darkpact maximizes its use

1. Cast darkpact
    2. Quick spam 2 might based powers without doing its cele combo
    3. cast a 3rd might based power and finish with its celestial combo

What you get is 3 might-powered attacks buffed at 35% might. Doing anything else but might attacks, undermines the 35% might boost.
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Ok let me repeat what I wrote in my initial post since you didn't read it.

Rotation: McB / Plague / DP / range / RcW*5

Cast Mal combo'd into Ben instantly clip Ben with plague instantly clip plague with DP. You have 2 dots running on the target both effected by DP. Tap range clipped with RcW spam. With this rotation 5 of the 12 Mal and plague ticks are effected by dark pact as well as the first 2 casts of retribution.

Already running dots are effected.

This rotation takes 13seconds to complete and is timed around Mal for Ben uptime. Using DP makes the dots nicer lol
  11. Thechemicals New Player

retribution with cleansed wither has great range and good aoe. Its an arc aoe.
  12. Thechemicals New Player

Im reading what you say, very closely. Your saying you dont need to spam might based power when under the influence of darkpact. Your posted loadout is also going from darkpact to a range to a retribution with cleansed wither. Youll get nothing from darkpact doing that celestial combo except for the first hit of retribution. You would do more damage in 5 seconds of darkpact going mightpower/mightpower/mightpower/mightpower+celestial. I would say to each his own but your casting a big buff and tapping into celestial combos and "range" w/e that means.

As far as your tic damage before darkpact is casted: Those are 10-12 tic dots and darkpact only lasts 5 seconds (5 second darkpact duration= 1 tic per second). So, you are using darkpact 35% buff for 5 tics of 6-10 per hit and 2-4 per hit. if your going to use dots with a major buff, better is casting "plague" during darkpact. That way you get the buff from the initial hit. Your loadout would work well if darkpact lasted 10 seconds so those dots can be buffed longer but they arent.
  13. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I'm saying that even in full Perc gear a 35% might buff that puts you over 3000might for 5 seconds is better then a 115 (less then 1%) Perc buff for 24 seconds

I'm saying that dots that we already cast (Malediction) that tick for 10 (actually they tick for 150-250) greatly benefit from having 35% extra might (again this is over 3000 in full Perc) for 5 seconds.

I'm saying that the damage gain from using dark pact in a sustainable low power consumption rotation that we already perform greatly increases the dmg

You're saying if you want to use Dark Pact stop what you're doing and spam powers for 5 seconds.

Now we're going to continue to disagree and there is no point in cluttering this thread with a argument. But if you wish to continue Im game, I have math to back me up do you? ;)
  14. Blue Spectrex New Player

Is anyboy noticing inconsistencies with admonish debuffing tanks in PvP? Sometimes Im right in front of his face and use admonish and no debuffs applied but when I use Smite he is instantly debuffed. Not the same with admonish.
    • Like x 1
  15. Thechemicals New Player

Yes we will disagree, this is a discussion thread, to learn what works and what doesnt, am i right? My loadout optmizes darkpact. your loadout has abilities and actions that dont gain any benefit at all from it.

My loadout:
    1. Cast a might based dot (dark idol and life drain are the best. Use life drain for bursty damage)
    2. Cast Darkpact
    3. Cast a might power with a dot and a good initial might based hit.
    4. Cast 2-3 more might powers
    5. Finish the last power with a celestial combo.

i get 35% buff from:
    =5 tics from dot damage
    =4-5 tics from plague + intial hit
    = 3 initial might based damaged hits for using 3 powers within 5 seconds.

vs your loadout

1. Cast dot
    2. Cast dot
    3. Darkpact
    4. Range attack
    5. Retribution with cleansed wither.

you get 35% buff from:
    = 5 tics of dot damage per power (5 from mal, 5 from plague)
    = you get retribution damage

You have plenty of time to do precision damage from combos when darkpact is on cooldown, You dont cast dakpact to use abilities that it doesnt affect; thats counter productive and wasteful. Hope you learned something from this and i didnt waste my breath. I defintately learned something from this.
  16. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I am a busy guy, with a kid, a wife, a job...

So, any suggestion to a loadout HEAVY MIGHT based? ( like 3025)

Anyone is using the finisher (defile) + dark pact?
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Little heads up as I don't see anyone else doing it but you can jump around while doing combos. And by that I mean jump in the middle of a combo to move around for better spacing.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

8s duration
    It should easily cover 7-8 ticks of Mal/Plague.
    For mal that means like 42-80 base might damage will be boosted.
    For Plague 14-32

That's just from stuff set up before DP though, you still have 7-8s of it running, meaning you'll get like 3 retributions in before it drops. That's ~20-28 base damage each so like 60- 84

In the end you've buffed yourself for 116-196 base damage. With the buff that means effectivly that damage becomes 156-264. Bringing the avg from 156 to 210 essentially gaining an extra 54 base damage... that's more than 2 extra retribution might hits. Damage wise we're talking an extra ~1500 damage over 13s. That's equivalent to a 115dps increase on my rotation thanks to DP.
  19. Thechemicals New Player

its 5 seconds, but yes- spam those retributions.
  20. 13igtyme Devoted Player

It's 8 seconds, but if you want to go spam happy and not actually look at the numbers then ok. Have fun.