Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. blklightning New Player

Funny that you mention this. I read in another thread that someone thinks Celestial healing is extremely power hungry. He's healing from the Cursed tree. I'm sure he's trying to force the powerset to heal the way he wants, but he's gonna have to accept the fact that the Blessed tree is where the healz are at. I find Celestial to not be power hungry at all.
    • Like x 1
  2. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I'll agree that it is a leap of faith in the devs but the issue is that all the buffs that are providing flat bonuses (exceptions being crit damage and %) will become completely useless. A power that nobody uses and would be a waste of a power slot if it is not even viable. The time isn't now by any means but it is approaching with every tier up and stat increase we obtain.
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

Well no wonder, he has to combo to get the heals, meanwhile his group died :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I respect that people want to create a concept character. One of my friends who changed from Quantum created a really good looking character for Celestial. However no Nature healer would limit themself to the SS or Plants tree to heal.
    • Like x 2
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

anoint only buffs your self so yes i agree.. if its going to be a percentage buff for a specific stat (not crit chance/heals etc).... then it should be a percentage for yourself.... i think anoint should have a shorter cool down and a percentage buff id probably be exclusively precision if they did this
    • Like x 1
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

personally i think the blessed side should have been hero only cursed should have been villain....

however saying that they should have had the same powers.. haunt shoudl have been called something else and placed int he same spot on the second tree.. the combo system should have worked the same way meaning if i picked up smite... int he first tree and whatever they would rename haunt to for hero side and you can combo right into it same way

that way villains have their animations heroes have theirs and you wouldnt have to give up the look you want for your character....

my personal opinion
  7. blklightning New Player

IIRC, Anoint is a 4man buff of prec/resto.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

whoa i didnt knwo that haha yeah i can see prec based dps demanding that all celestial healers and dps use it .... that should be fixed
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

After looking in to it finally I think i'm going to end up swapping my loadouts around in raids. Basically where I normally have Plague/smite I'll drop in Wither/DL for boss fights. The single target damage of DLcP is pretty solid. I still like Smite/Plague in heavy AE though.

I still need to sit down and calculate the base damages on these things, for now I'm just eyeballing it, but it seems like Plague is an initial 20-24 + 12 ticks of 2-4 spreads on death. DL is the same but 6 ticks and a "supply drop" mechanic vs a spread mechanic. Attack Percent for cPlague is somthing like initial of 2.75 and 12 ticks of .6, and DL seems to be the same but 6 ticks here as well.

Again rough estimates only at this time, i haven't taken the time to track it, when i'm able to be in game I try to play lately :D
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

For anoint, Even if they doubled the prec or doubled the duration, it'd only double the effect which still puts it at like 4% increase. Still worse than McB.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Also a little note... Love Cursed Idol + Knightsdome duo.

Watching the big groups go down like dominoes to the exploding corpse effect... ohh man. I usually McB/DLcP/Cursed Idol-Retribution or admonish spam. And if I can survive the initial onslaught for like 3-4s everything is dead.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I was just testing the exact same thing but with consume soul instead of wither. They both do the same base dmg for the same power cost with the same number of ticks but one is single target and the other is targeted AOE.
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i love doing my aoe dot in that duo..however i go.... dp/bene/cursed/PcDL then spam RcW everything just dies....

youve taken smite otu of your load out??

ive noticed something seems like the cursed combos seem to be a bit more touchy
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

IIRC wither is AE, Haunt/CS is single... haunt is 200 power so if single can use that. All same damage.
  15. BrotherMutant New Player

Hey Jeebie, just cuz I am curious, ScH instead of RcW? Or is there a time (# of adds? positioning of adds?) that you feel ScH works better than RcW? Again, just because I am curious on your thinking and where I might incorporate the same or similar changes during raids.
  16. BrotherMutant New Player

Personally, I saw this too. I think its just the timing. Cursed seems to have a delay (a fraction of a second more than the Blessed side) to trigger some of the cursed combos. As long as I keep my tray the same and rotations similar, I can usually roll off the 3 or 4 combos I have in the tray, leave the SC on cooldown in BIG add fights, the last "slot" is a buff or pet (Dark Pact or Iconic Pet). Works well so far, and I am sure when I team with even a semi-decent troller or two, the combos are going to d some ridiculous damage, and SAFELY from range.
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

ScH/RcW, rotate the two, I'm still playing with it, trying to pay attention to the numbers, but i don't think it splits damage, i coudl be wrong though. it is also more "bursty" in that it's a half the cast time no chance of inturrupt get some damage out there, or get something at the end of an enemies life etc.

nothing in any of my loadouts is considered a constant other than retribution :D

As for healing, started doing that more. Really REALLY enjoying it. One thing I learned though is in paradox when your tank is being mobile, DL isn't necissarily the best heal as it seems it can miss :eek:. But it's still awesome, just something to be aware of. That or he was just getting hit a few times perfectly to make it look that way.

Using CS, Renew, Blessing, DLcP, AcB, Then SC for the need. Consecrated Grounds was quite nice for the bugginess para was giving tonight (2 bosses at once tonight, when we dropped one boss it was boss + adds). Pretty standard loadout, but it's solid.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Cursed powers are typically longer animations than the blessed side. That may be the strangeness you see with the combos. You have to wait for that might animation.
  19. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Yup I just thought it was funny that we were testing essentially the same rotation again lol. I didn't think to try wither and went to consume because I knew it would't over ride anything. After trying it out I'd probably go with wither in that spot since it is a targeted AOE which could help out over a pure single target power like consume.
  20. DEATHTAG New Player

Should we only be having Mal or Ben on our load out not both right? If you do MalcBen you get the might dot from Mal. Do we get the crit buffs from Ben if we use the combo? Or do the buffs just come from power Ben and then if we decide to combo into Mal the prec dots would be there. I have seen some people use power Mal clipped right into power Ben just to get the dot out there and then use ScH RcW PcDl till Mal Ben are off cool down.