Remove 'Vote to Kick' option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TKMcClone, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwalir Loyal Player

I agree that there are some that abuse the kicking system, but there would also be those who abuse the lack of a kick system as well.

No matter what system is implemented, there will be some people who will try to abuse it, like how people used to block the doorways in the safe houses, or challenge people to duals near the re-spec stations. However, I do believe there should be some additional limitations to kicking I'd like to see to help cut down on the abuse.

Some I'd like for them to add are:

1. Make it so each person can only initiate a kick so many times a day.

2. Make it so only so many people can be kicked per Instance.

3. Keep a running total of how many times a person has voted to kick another player, and make it so anyone who inspects that player can see it.
    • Like x 2
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

solid ideas... I'd also like to see the number of required votes increased from simple majority to 6 or 7 in raids and 3 in alerts (i think it's 2 now, but i could be wrong)
    • Like x 1
  3. The Hornet New Player

I think the person getting kicked should be able to see it, and see who voted for/against them, too. I think that's part of the abuse issue is there's zero accountability for the kicker, and the kickee doesn't even know what's going on, and therefore doesn't have a chance to say something in his or her defense. I've never been comfortable with the blind kick, and the select few times I've booted people in the year-and-a-half I've played this game, I've actually told the person as it's happening, "hey man, sorry, you've got to pick people up in this raid, I've told you three times now," "hey man, sorry, but you've got no mods in your gear and you can't hold aggro without wiping, if you can fix it and get back let me know," etc. I think there should also be a "recent group" menu option so you can tab back in and put folks on ignore if you'd like.
    • Like x 4
  4. Broken Promises New Player

I'd rather put up with a few morons that misuse kicking instead of being stuck with one who deserves it.
    They make me angry.
    You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. :mad:
    :D
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I did think of that, and you are right it's possible to pug into a group of 7 friends, that decide to be mean and each give you -1 to you community points. You in turn give them a -1 and note the names (for future reference);). So, you would take a -7 hit (you did not deserve) on your community rating.

Let's assume that before this you had been getting the odd -1 and +1, but mostly 0 neutrals and your 'Community Points Status' was 48/50. You just dropped to 41/50. Remember, you can still pug with players in the 50-25 pool. As you see that scenario would need to happen several times in row for you to drop low enough to have only the 50-0 (everyone) pool available. You have lots of opportunity to rebuild it.

Other players will likely give you a chance to leave (without rating) if you are not playing at the standard that they want. But, if you are a jerk often and won't leave, repeatedly mouth at everyone and generally don't care...eventually, your rating will catch up to you and you will only be able to pug with the 50-0 pool of players, until you can build you score back up.
  6. Angus Krozz New Player

You do make ok points I don't like the idea of players being able to rate each other. I'm not entirely against it I'm in a really good league now but, I still run with random players. If none of the league members are available. I have got good complements from the league. When I run with random players sometimes they will just wave at the end of a mission. The thing that bugs me the most is I have not done wave or, paradox yet. I don't know how my 1st time will be. I'm expecting to have a hard time with the raids plus players. I might get a bad raiting from all the players in those raids if players are allowed to rate each other. I'll keep trying to run the raids but, with a bad rate I might get kicked before the que.
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Remove vote to kick?

DCUO would become a griefer's paradise.
    • Like x 1
  8. Benn 10 Committed Player

Vote to kick is Nessesary....
    • Like x 1
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Have you ever had a role that did not do its role? Of course I'm going to kick them. I ran Arkham with 2 DPS and a Controller. It should have went smoothly right? Nope. The Controller had no idea what he was doing. On Freeze, he casts a devastating AOE. The Controller wouldn't respond to our chats about more power, not did he get out of the way from the Blast, so he would die. Leaving us without power and eventually we all wiped. I started a vote to kick him so I could INVITE a controller from my league but none of them voted yes to kick him. They kept ranting that we could do it but tem not understanding me having no power would destroy us all time after time. So I excused myself and left. Didn't ask for an excuse, I left. Point is, if you get an extremely sucky player, don't complain about or yell at them because now you really will not have a choice but to deal with it or simply leave and have fun waiting 10 minutes..
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

yes, I have been in instances when one or more players was in a role that they were not doing very well at.
    I would be arguing against kicking that controller too. I can't imagine why anyone would even consider kicking another player after just one wipe. Your desire to kick another player and invite someone from your league, to me at least, is an example of how vote to kick is being abused. Had I been one of the other Damage players and the vote passed, I would have likely left too. I'm not keen on that type of behavior towards other players.
    I do like the 'vote to excuse' to avoid that 10 deserter penalty, it was a great addition.
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Well, some of us are keen to that type of behavior. That type of behavior should motivate people to doing things right like the rest of us. If we don't go hard on them, who will? People just get so sensitive about it even if we try telling them what to do. You don't understand, he was not giving instant power. We would have not made it past Freeze if we didn't get a different Controller. If they weren't going to kick him, I was leaving because I have better things to do than continuously wipe, repair, explain something to someone who has no idea what they're doing, and sit down at my laptop and get mad at someone who doesn't know how to play their role right. Seriously, there are tutorials ALL OVER YouTube. They've heard of DCUO but not YouTube? Equinox taught me how to troll via YouTube. Hopefully all of the people who have no idea what they're doing can gain sense and use their resources..
  12. Original Kal Well-Known Player

Did you ever think it was the way you presented yourself as to why they get sensitive?
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

or what if you just want to kick people for no good reason other than selfishness.... like you seem to do.
  14. GeoShock New Player

Dear OP you have just won the "Worst Idea of the Year" award, Congratulations.
  15. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Thanks! is there a prize for that? Which idea won? I assume that you read the whole thread?
  16. Mr. Synister New Player

I guarantee this will happen if the vote to kick was removed. Removing the "vote to kick option" causes 1000x more problems then it solves.
    • Like x 1
  17. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

What makes you think they don't want to learn their role, especially if thats precisely why they are there, to earn gear and learn their roles !!!!!
  18. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

uh....this is like a year old dude :T
    • Like x 5
  19. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

I understand points from both sides of this debate.. But, man, it still is a feature to be abused by kids who have nothing better to do than punk people by kicking them for no apparent reason !!!! I get kicked all the time, at least twice a day, I'm CR 107 dps, and I always say "if you all need a certain role or higher cr player I can leave if need be" as soon as things aren't going well... And even if we are kicking butt, I still get booted cause they assume they won't profit from having me around !!!

So yes, get rid of this feature, it's abused WAY too easily by people who have no integrity or understanding !!
    • Like x 1
  20. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

And here we are a year later, and the issue still exists !! ... Dude
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.