DLC8: Celestial Powers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Thank you for finding these bugs. I was able to verify 1, 2, 3, and 4. Celestial powers are doing a lot of things we have never done before and oddly enough caused bug 1 to happen because of the way each weapon's Recovery ability was setup. Number 2 was pretty much the same problem just on the Escalating Might mod. Bug 3 should never have happened because you are supposed to get healing from Corrupted Benediction, Malediction, or Cleansed Malediction but it will be reduced by 50% when debuffed. I did find where this was broken though. Corrupted Blessing was set to beneficial, like the regular version, but needed to be harmful to allow it to proc correctly.

All in all I was able to correct these and we hope to have the fixes out soon.
    • Like x 8
  2. AIpha New Player

Awesome and thank you Ely for find these.
  3. Cream Corn New Player

I think we should wait 3 weeks until we learn more about the power.
    • Like x 1
  4. Absolushan New Player

In the mean time... DPS!
  5. Elysion New Player

You're very welcome. I just love this power so much. I love how it's designed and how it's played. I knew something was off when I was PVPing with it and was determined to find what was wrong with it. I only hope that after this fix, it will make more celestial players explore the full potential of Malediction/Benediction and celestial as a whole.

A few friends of mine are interested in making a video to demonstrate Celestial's efficacy in PVP so we're going to try and send it out soon, preferably before your fix to serve as a control. Then, when the fix does come around, we'll try to post another video and see if there's any difference. If the difference is not that significant... then changes should be called for.
    • Like x 2
  6. Yallander Loyal Player

Glad to hear about the fixes coming to bene and mal. Now it may be possible to really DPS with green numbers! Kind of want to hold off on my other 2 build ideas until this is out.
    • Like x 1
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

Almost positive this doesn't work. Or the window to clip is so tight that it's basically a non-factor.
  8. blklightning New Player

It's a very tight window.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

See if you can get it to work because my league hasn't been able to.
  10. blklightning New Player

I haven't even tried. I don't PvP. I may give it a go sometime in the next several days.
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I posted this somewhere else, but I want you guys to fix this:

A thing that needs nerfing is Celestial power-in. They can keep up with me after I take 460k+ (Nexus) or 500k+ (Wave) worth of power and at the end of the raid I'm still number one in Nexus or Wave but they only had about 133k+ (Nexus) and 261k (Wave) worth of power-in. That isn't right. Fix that **** and increase Celestial power cost. They only spam two moves and nothing else BTW. :rolleyes:

And I beat them by 100-300k at best. Still developers need to take a look at that power and nerf the two moves they spam over and over again. There is no combo or weapon rotation to what they're doing at all. :mad:
  12. Redd Vampirus New Player

I would have to disagree with you Aqua Surge. From what I noticed, Celestial's Power is a very power hungry power. As a healer, just to keep up with the constant fluctuations of HP, a lot of power is being burned since (especially if you have the Cursed side power) the HoTs don't last very long...and it takes so much effort just to cast them. On the blessed side (especially with no Troll), I will run out of power very quickly....this was noticed when I did Trigon's Prison. I've also noticed that in order to even attempt to keep up as a healer, you are forced to use the bless side as a main and cursed as support. This, I do not like.

If you are highly specced (lots of SP, high gear), that could be the reason why the Celestial Power seems "Overpowered". But to the rest of us, it's doing exactly as it should. But what I don't like is that the cursed side has very little healing abilities (just enough to fill 4 slots on the loadout + 2 SCs), and that the HoTs are too short and aren't that effective. The HoTs I've been putting out have even been very small in numbers, but when my character was a Sorc, my HoTs were high enough to keep the party alive off of HoTs alone. In addition, there are no quick heal skills for the Cursed side...only the blessed side. On the Cursed side, all of the skills takes a lot of time to cast, and thusly, risk being interrupted, and OMG don't mess up on your combo when your party is about to wipe (especially when you're solo healing).

The Blessed side from what I saw does pretty well, but that Cursed side (for those who wish to be Shadow Healers with pure Cursed Power with the Support of Bless) is too slow and easily interrupted. If you tried to run this build (like I do), people will automatically think you are a pathetic healer and don't know what you are doing, when actually, this build requires a lot more skill and proper timing to keep the party alive. I believe this needs some attention, yes? IMO, I think it needs more Healer Role PIs...and the Malediction with Cursed Benediction needs more ticks so there could be proper healing from the damage. It's too small and slow to be effective.
    • Like x 1
  13. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Problem of power:
    He is slow because of combos, you need that somebody tank your enemy to you do the combo. Have great chance to be interrupted because of animations of combo. I call atencion to diference in do the combo haunt and smith both with one click. Haunt is a quick combo that i do any time of game and theyr side of blessing is hard to do ,hhave the same one click ,but is much more hard to make, the dificult of 3 click combos is great i never see a player, in game making one.
    Divine light cooldow is slow.
    I belive that fixing combos problems the work is 95% finish.
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

Finally, got this to kinda work but I don't think it's working correctly. If you clip haunt and smite perfectly against a blocking opponent then you will blocked on the third use of a celestial combo. So for instance: Haunt-cS, Smite-cH, Haunt-cS will cause you to get blocked on using the last cS.

I think the celestial combos here were being counted as regular melee taps (3 taps on blocking opponent and you fall over). The problem is if I went slower by even a millisecond it wouldn't work. If you just try using Smite-cH alone you can't get this to work because the cool down is too long. It's hard to pull off and I don't see why anyone would block that long so I don't see this ever happening normally.

And I never could get Ret-cW to make me vulnerable to interrupt no matter how many times I did it. I'm just going to assume celestial combos that end with a range input don't make you vulnerable to interrupt after consecutive uses.
  15. IThe PatchI New Player

Celestial's power in is lower because it's an extremely slow power. It's a high risk - high reward kind of power, with no 60% move to enchance your damage with that white chest mod I forgot the name. And for spamming two powers, I've been playing with celestial and I use 5 powers, eight if you count the combos, successfully either in Nexus or Wave. I really don't see anyone succeeding just using haunt and wither combos. Maybe that's why they came in second to you :D
    • Like x 2
  16. Redd Vampirus New Player

I can pull of the 3 button combo for Plague/Divine Light with very little to no effort. I sometimes miss, but I honestly don't have much trouble...but it does take too long to cast when your party is about to wipe, and when you finally do...it doesn't heal them enough.
  17. Yallander Loyal Player

Is it just me or does the HOT on Consume Souls seem quirky? I have 2500 resto without soders or buffs in PVP and while reviewing videos I've seen it tick for 300-400's (no debuff) to only ticking for 140-200 (no debuff.) I realize that it is a short cooldown, however with a 50% variance in return it really isn't very efficient. SG or Meta regularly tick in the 400 range and only time I ever saw 100-200's is when I was debuffed.

Anyone else seeing this?

Outside of that I think everything else feels spot on. For burst I find clipping Admonish, DL, and Renew to do the job quite nicely.
  18. Ekaterina Committed Player

On the same page as me the HoT for celestial is too short
    • Like x 1
  19. Ekaterina Committed Player

And strength
    • Like x 1
  20. Yallander Loyal Player

I am not saying the entire power set just consume souls as it is only a HOT and in PVP it isn't worth the risk if there is such a large variance in return. Hopefully mal and bene changes will help with this. I will have to test them this week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.