DLC8: Celestial Powers

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by spord, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AIpha New Player

I actually didn't say he was playing it wrong I said he was wrong is saying it was advertised as a healing from damage healer. Battle healer yes ONE person on the dev team said that Jens. It wasn't advertised as anything but Celestial healing. If it was advertised as anything it was advertised as an active healer.

How bout a video on what he is doing? How bout a video of flying ******* squirrels?
  2. Elysion New Player

You're telling that this isn't technically an assumption? Your "IF" makes no grammatical sense after stating "i know for a fact." But I switched electric yesterday which is my original power and I can gladly show you that it is far more effective than celestial in a scrimmage.

And if you won't post a video, don't start judging my ability to heal if I can't judge you. Right now YOU are basically telling US to take YOUR word that it works perfectly fine on PVP PS3 when I've been here all day asking for help to prove that it is. But you won't, so you do nothing to help me or the people who are desperately trying to make it work. You've been posting to me the entire day with posts RICH in subjectivity when I've been posting with objectivity and underwhelming findings that I'm asking others to replicate. If you won't provide substantial feedback then just go continue with enjoying celestial the way you see fit.

I will be attempting to test later tonight and post whatever I find. Hopefully for you, I can prove myself wrong and if so, then I congratulate you in advance. IF we've been right about this power and it gets buffed in 3 weeks, you can't really complain can you?
    • Like x 1
  3. AIpha New Player

The phrase "i know for a fact IF" means that IF you are playing by kiting around pillars in such I know for a fact you would be playing celestial wrong. It makes perfect grammatical sense. I would not however know for a fact IF you were not. Pretty clear cut. I didn't judge your ability to heal I said give it time its only been out for a week. I have said that now probably 20 times but for some reason me saying give it time secretly means you are doing it wrong. What do I have to prove that it works perfectly fine while you do not have to prove it does not? I will continue to succceed using Celestial yes thank you very much. I'll be sure to keep all my secrets to myself and share with no one as well because I'm a mean scrouge who hates everyone............ughh.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aqua New Player

Lol no. No deadline sir whenever you get the time.
  5. Elysion New Player

"Now that you say he is PS3 i know for a fact if he is doing the kiting around pillar tactics that PS3 players use that right there tells me he isn't using Celestial in PvP the right way."

Me not using celestial in PvP in the right way is inherent of me not being able to heal with it properly. Clear cut. I may have sounded defensive but again, I've been here all day asking for someone to prove to me that I have been indeed healing improperly. But as we've said, you won't help so why are you still here? And who says I haven't been giving proof that it does not? I've mentioned rough values and suspicions that I'm asking others to replicate which is more than what you've provided so far with no productive feedback. So, again, why are you still here?

And as for the battle healer comment, if a green name can PLEASE clarify on heals-based-off-damage. Could you please explain your intention for adding it into the powerset. If it is not to be used to explore Celestial's full potential as a damage healer then why is it so accessible to spec into?

If it's just there for fun with no intention to have it looked into, then I'll gladly walk away from this thread, cease my feedback, and continue happily as an electric healer.
    • Like x 3
  6. Cream Corn New Player

Please tell me how you are supposed to read this and not conclude that you said he was doing it wrong?

He's not running around trying to be a dps that heals, he's exploring all options of celestial and trying to actually make it work in ps3 pvp. He expressed his thoughts on a few powers, which is the purpose of this thread by the way, and you said hes doing it wrong because your friend says so.

How bout let the devs take the feedback and do with it what they think needs to be done and YOU come back in 3 weeks to see which of that feedback they listened to.

Flying squirrel video:
    • Like x 1
  7. AIpha New Player

How many more times do I need to explain what was meant by that comment? 2,3,4 ? Seriously I already said what was meant by "I know for a fact IF he is using the kiting around the pillars tactic that right there tells me he is doing it wrong" I didn't say I kno for a fact he is doing it wrong. I'll will rephrase what I said to try and make it clearer. "If he is using the kite around the pillars method while trying to heal with celestial he will not be getting positive results" is that better? Easier to understand?
  8. spord Developer

I want everyone to know that we are reading this thread and taking everyone's Celestial power feedback into consideration. If you don't see me posting it just means we are weighing the options. Please keep the feedback coming.
    • Like x 3
  9. blklightning New Player

I figured as much when Mepps quoted my in one of the other threads to compliment my comment. I'm really happy to know that more than just this Celestial thread are being monitored. You've done a great job with designing Celestial. It's really quite amazing. Only a few kinks here and there to work out and/or discover.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ekaterina Committed Player

glad to hear that :)
  11. Ekaterina Committed Player

Hey ely ive been trying everything for celest in pvp and only thing i can say is better supers admonish heal for more divine light cool down faster and Hot are longer...
  12. Absolushan New Player

Leveling as Celestial was awesome! I came back to DCUO for one reason and one reason only... Celestial! It's been a blast. I just recently hit 30, and like I said, every minute... NO! Every second, was pure awesomeness! The powerset works nice. I've gotten a ton of questions to the set I'm using in Alerts from the F2P players (Legendary all the way baby!), because of the pretty trails my powers leave behind as they smash through ranks of heinous heinousness! Devs really put it out there with this set. And as for healing as a battle healer... hell yeah! It's totally doable! I've been doing it since like level 8... In early alerts I would top out in dps as heals, and not have any mishaps or knock outs on my watch... so yes. Definitely doable. I can only imagine a full t4, or t5 Celestial damage healer and what can be done (ONE DAY! MINE IT WILL BE!). So... my thoughts on that. W2G Devs. W2G...
  13. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Good know that our voice have a strong.
    I loving play with celestial, my first try play with a healer was with eletric bbut i think power weak at least in start i die alot then i left the caracter, with celestial is diferent he is strong at start this is important because make you go ahead with caracter.
    I already save quests because my healing power and dps, is a good powerset.
    The problems: everybody alredy see that him is slow, and is hard do combo in momentum of a battle i do sometimes, but have people that didnt .
    Combo 1 and 2 click are ok, but 3 is very hard indeed, in game i never saw a player doing a combo with 3 click. If dont fail my memory you say, in a tread, that timing of combos of 2 and 3 are the same.
    good luck
  14. Absolushan New Player

I personally have been holding my 3 hits for when a mob is freshly pulled, or I am safely away from the mob to give myself adequate time to pull it off. It adds a couple second integar to the animation unless you clip it, and that's a whole other timing issue in and of itself. Idk anyone else's thoughts or feelings on the 3 hits but, they are there for a reason just like everything else in the set. Timing is key, but battle awareness plays a HUGE part in it successfully being pulled off as well. You can't stand in the middle of 20 mobs and do a tap, tap, hold, or you're most likely going to be hit and suffer a fizzle.
  15. Elysion New Player

So after a few hours from testing with a controller class leaguemate we discovered a few inconsistencies with Malediction, Benediction, and their combo'd versions along with a few very bad bugs. Not sure if they've been mentioned earlier but I'll mention it here in full detail anyway. So here are the powers and their descriptions are listed followed by notes for reference. You can skip to Cliff-notes and Bugs for a summary of what I've found. All tests were conducted in Batcave 2v2 scrimmages.

Malediction (M) 10s cooldown
    Torment your target with a bolt of dark energy, dealing damage over time and stunning it. You receive healing over time equal to a portion of the damage dealt.
    PVE - 12 tics of Might damage with 12 tics of healing in to self at 1:1 (damage to heal) ratio; YES healing in through weapon damage, celestial combos, and precision tics
    PVP - 12 tics of Might damage with 12 tics of healing in to self at 1:1; YES healing in through weapon damage, celestial combos, and precision tics

Cleansed Malediction (CM) 20s cooldown
    Condemn your target with a beam of divine energy, dealing damage over time and stunning it. You and up to 3 group members receiving healing over time equal to a portion of the damage dealt.
    PVE - 12 tics of Precision damage with 6 tics of healing in to group at 1:1; 10% critical attack chance (+12s), 10% critical ability chance (+12s); NO healing in through weapon damage, celestial combos, and precision tics
    PVP - 12 tics of Precision damage with 6 tics of healing in to group at 1:1; 10% critical attack chance (+12s), 10% critical ability chance (+12s)l NO healing in through weapon damage, celestial combos, and precision tics

Benediction (B) 20s cooldown
    Imbue yours and up to 3 group members' weapon attacks with sacred power, increasing the chance to cause more damage.
    PVE and PVP - 10% critical attack chance (+12s), 10% critical ability chance (+12s)

Corrupted Benediction (CB) 10s cooldown
    Imbue yours and up to 3 group members' weapon attacks with dark power, increasing the chance to cause more damage. You and up to 3 members receive healing equal to a portion of the damage dealt to enemies from your weapon attacks or Celestial Combos.
    PVE - 12 tics of Might damage with 12 tics of healing in to group at 1:1; 10% critical attack chance (+12s), 10% critical ability chance (+12s); YES healing in through weapon damage, celestial combos, and precision tics
    PVP - 12 tics of Might damage with 12 tics of healing in to group at 1:1; 10% critical attack chance (+12s), 10% critical ability chance (+12s); YES healing in through weapon damage, celestial combos, and precision tics

Cliff-notes:
    1. M/CB in PVE and PVP (scrimmages) are the only two out of the four that has fully functioning healing in through precision damage (tics and weapon) but will only calculate BASE values only. In other words, even if your damage magnifies OR actually crits, you will only receive healing in from that crit's base value (probably intentional because that base value has chance to magnify or crit as healing in). Caster will also receive healing from the Might tics from the initial cast.

2. CM in PVE and PVP does not function properly in terms of healing in; It is the only power of the four that heals in for half (6) of the precision damage tics dealt (12) ; It does NOT heal in through weapon damage or celestial combos. (Possible bug?)

3. Malediction and Benediction can buff opponents. See Bugs.

Bugs:
    1. CM will raise the target's hit count and will therefore increase their supercharge meter.

2. If the target has Escalating Might equipped, their mod will proc if M is cast on them thus buffing them with increased Might.

3. If healing debuffed by a controller, M/CB will NOT calculate ANY Damage HoTs from ANY Precision DoT power until the debuff is relieved (I have not yet tested it with movement mode debuffs but I would assume you it would be the same result).

4. The precision tics from a depleted Corrupted Blessing (purple shield) does NOT give healing-in when M/CB is active despite what I've said in an earlier post.

The third bug is probably my favorite because I knew something was definitely up with Damage HoTs. Debuffs made me and my team miss out on very valuable heals. But I still think that even if it gets fixed, the base heals should be increased at least for Admonish to counteract burst damage. If this was intended then........... LOL. Please confirm devs.

Suggestions:
    Issue: Malediction has too quick of a cool down for the amount of power that it consumes. Benediction has long of a cool down at a much cheaper power cost but provides no worthwhile healing effect. As of right now, Malediction is far superior based on my observations. You can cast 2 powers and their combos within Malediction's cool down and be able to reap the benefits of the Damage HoTs provided that Bug #3 gets fixed.

I suggest reversing the power cost to match the cool down and buffing Benediction so that it is worthwhile. For example: Lower the cost on Malediction - this will enable healers to recast Malediction between every 2 power combos without the risk of running out of power too quickly. Increase the power cost on Benediction but increase the precision DoT damage so that the Damage HoTs will heal in for higher (but instead of 12 damage tics for 6 healing tics, it should be equal. Maybe even increased to 14-18 - similar to a Circle of Protection)

Let me know if you guys (at least on PS3) are getting the same results! Thank you for reading my wall of text. My thanks to Daicho and Silvaticus for helping me during these tests.
    • Like x 3
  16. Elysion New Player

I think the supers are just fine. Life Drain is where it's at I think. I do agree the base heals should be buffed, especially on Admonish to counteract AoE burst. Longer HoTs sounds good but then the devs might not want to increase base heals to keep it balanced. Honestly, if base heals get buffed and the Damage HoTs get fixed (see my longer post above this) then it could work a little better in PvP, especially if you're specced into crit damage innates.
  17. Ekaterina Committed Player

Supers really? i thought the only good one was the shield. I hit alot of base healing instead of crits so i was think if they increased the HoT that would increase the crit chance of the other healing powers. because you cant sit and spam admonish combo all day and thats the strongest HoT celestial had. i read that admonished healed for higher i think they need to bring that back. i wish they had test server on the ps3 so people like us can test out the pvp side of things.
  18. blklightning New Player

Admonish had a huge burst heal. They lowered the heal and raised the cost. Now, Admonish is.... ok.
  19. Ekaterina Committed Player

its ok in pve, in pvp its a different story i think me and ely are just talking about the healing side of pvp with celestial
  20. blklightning New Player

I was giving you specifics as to what you had read about Admonish on the test server. I was not offering input on PvE/PvP, or an opinion of the power.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.