Remove 'Vote to Kick' option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TKMcClone, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Did you miss the part where I said I rarely kick and I stay it out for 2-3 hours often times? You think by that time I have not voiced my displeasure with whatever they were doing, and I do so in a respectful and kind way, which is more than I can say for a lot of players. Some people don't listen. Some people don't even respond in chat. Some people also don't even speak English, which makes it even more difficult to explain why I am losing my patience and would prefer that they left the instance.
    • Like x 1
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I have to go with no.
    Kicking should be allowed simply on the grounds of the amount of trolling that would ensue if it wasn't in place. Could you imagine the jack-***** that would que into stuff just to que in and then not move? You'd be amazed at how many bored people there are that would get a kick out of doing this...you really would.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Doctor Loyal Player

There's roughly a zero percent chance of them removing the feature. You guys should focus your energies on debating something more useful.
    • Like x 1
  4. Buckley Loyal Player

1.plz put up a pot
    2.plz put up a pot
    3.where is the pot
    4. KICK THE F!@#$ TO NEXT WEEK
  5. Infiniti New Player

Remove Vote to kick?

What a completely ridiculous idea. Many times I've been playing at 2am and one of they people have fallen asleep.......sorry, you will be kicked. Im not waiting 8 hours for you to wake up. What a stupid idea.
    • Like x 1
  6. Gwalir Loyal Player

I played a duo once with someone who fell asleep during the Instance, so I put my microphone on the table and dropped a book next to it.

When I put my mic back on, I heard the other player mumbling that he was so startled by the noise that it woke him and caused him to fall out of his chair. :p
    • Like x 2
  7. Broken Promises New Player

I think vote to kick is fine. There is a good number of jerks that would take a huge advantage of not being able to be kicked. I was running Family Reunion with league members when our troll disconnected and wasn't coming back. The group decided to open the instance while I searched in LFG for a troll. Another DPS joined.
    (After he sits in one spot doing nothing for 2min)
    Me: "Hi, we need a troll. I have one ready, could you please leave?"
    Other Guy: "F*** YOU, A**HOLE! I was ready to go, but since you're such an a** I'm going to stay as long as I can."
    He sat there for the next 5-6 minutes until we could kick while shouting tons of mess on his mic.
    Never been so happy to kick someone :D.
  8. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

The problem with getting rid of that option is the fact that in order to get someone out of the raid they would have to leave voluntarily...and that just doesn't happen. If someone is not performing their job and won't take advice or listen to us to try and learn what to do, we should have the ability to kick them if they are a detriment to the raid.

If you take that option away than we would be stuck with that person in there, or all have to leave the raid and start all over...and i'm sorry but especially for Nexus and Paradox.....if we make it half way through and someone just either can't keep up or isn't doing their job...I don't want to leave and come back to run the first half all over again. It just doesn't make sense
  9. YodaDog New Player

Tweaking as in making the idea the exact opposite of yours? Tweaking as in DONT remove that feature?

Whoa there, Don Quixote. Those are just windmills you're tilting at there.

Pugs have been unspeakably rude and hateful in my presence. Others have straight up tried to sabotage the instance im in, just to grief us. Some have done both at once. And you want me to be penalized for kicking someone like that? Put down the pipe, please.
    • Like x 4
  10. DrewCheech New Player

I'm usually Calm Player 3, going all Ghandi and striving for tranquility lol :)
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

Interesting...

Let me get this straight: you are asking the devs to remove the "vote to kick" option because you got kicked twice for no reason, yet you left missions on your own for no reason? I'm sorry, but, wow.. how....how....contradicting.

The "vote to kick" option is a choice for everyone, beneficial or not. You cannot play an MMO and expect everyone to communicate, play nice or play well. That is not realistic.

Allowing players to kick others lets players control their game environment and keeps the in-game reporting tickets down. I would not like having to submit a report ticket every time a team member does not contribute/ is abusive, for example, and I want that person dropped from the team.

Getting kicked from a team, with or without a reason, should not prevent anyone from continuing to enjoy the game.
  12. Lepew New Player

So, you zone into a 4 man. One guy is afk at the entrance for 15 minutes. Are you going to wish you had vote to kick before those 15 minutes expire?
  13. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Many of the comments against throw out the example of the guy standing at the entrance doing nothing, seems like a simple solution could be something thats already in the game in PvP, change it so if they haven't moved in x amount of time they get auto kicked. Since they added the kick option I can safely say in my experience it has been used for reasons that have nothing to do with player ability or standing at the door far far far more times than a legitimate reason to kick.
    • Like x 1
  14. Couzintony New Player

Omg... Why would u wanna get rid of kickin ppl?? Did u get kicked n raged so u had to start this?? We need that! What if I Que up for trigon and it's a healer , troll and two tanks... Just happened yesterday... Neither one of the tanks wanted to leave... So the troll n healz inspected both tanks and kicked the one with full t5 with some 88gear...
    He said himself that he didn't need to do it all but wanted to play the mission where as the other tank needed the drops and feats... "Kick the other tank he's weak n not geared"

"We are doin trigon, not dox!"
  15. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Not everyone is in a big league.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

I agree not everyone is in a big league, there are many people not in a league, however I heard of raid groups that will que up and have 1 pug and then kick them after the first boss to eliminate that pug from ninja looting. I feel bad for these players who are required to pug having that chance of being kicked when they que up.
  17. YodaDog New Player

Small price to pay. The ability to kick griefers and troublemakers is indispensable. Yes, what you described happens and it is unfortunate. But the simpler solution is to not queue up solo for raids. Thats a bad idea for myriad reasons. Your's being up there at the top of the list. I cant say I feel sorry for this lone hypothetical stranger though. He's asking for trouble in this scenario and he should know better.
  18. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I'm not asking the devs for anything. I highly doubt that they would do something drastic because of one poster on the fourms. I do think the topic merits discussion. That's all, I get that some people would flip if it was removed.

Everyone who lists a reason the kicking function is 'required' can also list a way in which it abused.

As far a 'what happened to me' goes. It's not like that.
    I was kicked...so what ..and c'mon being kick just 2 times in 9 months when I play pretty much every day is nothing. It registers as about as irritating as those little catchy edges you get on your finger nails.
    And, I leave for good reasons in my mind, usually because the group is totally broken. Mic's I can mute, unless it's obvious to me that what is being said will reflect in the game play... so I'll leave. I don't see how my leaving is contradicting the option to kick. I'm choosing to leave.

I what I dislike is the discussion about kicking in game.
    Bad players attempting to decided who get's kicked and why.
    Good players deciding that someone else just isn't 'good enough' to run with them
    Spamming vote to kick without giving a reason
    Me trying to get the group moving again because one person wants to kick another and I won't vote kick them.
    Having to stop and send group tells..."why are you trying to kick "insert name"?

It's very easy to kick someone if you run in a group of familiars or league...you kick the one who you don't know.

In a PUG group, many times,... kicking someone does not fix the problem. In my mind, disbanding the group or leaving is a valid option. I don't like landing in a mess when I PUG into some other groups busted half started instance.
  19. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Nonsense! Hog wash!

I gotta say after 2.5yrs of 100% pugging I have yet to see the mythical player who just stands around doing nothing, ninja looting very rarely and usually by some league scrub. By a large margin the grieving I've seen has come from leagues & the kick option being used inappropriately. I say this not as someone who has even been kicked, I actually only got kicked my 1st time a few weeks ago. While kicking may have been needed a long time ago at this point it no longer is needed or being used as intended, I would guess anyone who throws out these bogus examples such as yours is just trying to keep it for grieving purposes & not to get rid of grievers.
    • Like x 1
  20. Angus Krozz New Player

I agree with this because some players just kick for no reason. I don't agree with this because some players deserve to be kicked. think about this if this was to happen today and, you got someone in your group just standing around doing nothing you have to ask that person to leave. If he decides not to then what? It would be even worse if other group members started asking to be excused to make matters worse how would you like being in a situati to where you used replay badges. Just report someone if you get kicked for no reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.