Nexus/Paradox Difficulty

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Red Hood, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Red Hood Well-Known Player

I do not get you guys, for a while now people have been saying, "Nexus was easy and Paradox was kind of challenging". You all even asked for very hard and strategic raids. Now that the glitches for both raids are fixed, some of you have been whining nonstop that it is too hard, it needs to be toned down, etc...

I guess this just shows us most of the nexus QQer's are people that exploited the rafters or other things in nexus rather then learn the raid.

One more thing, yes the tells we're adjusted slightly in Nexus, but some people probably can't tell since the rarely did the raid straight up before. It's just hilarious how you see as many people shouting for last boss nexus as you did back when the raids first came out, that really tells you something about the learning curve with people, and that this equation stands true Skill>Gear.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tikkun Loyal Player

My only issue is with the One Pieced fiasco which made Paradox into the annoyance it is today. Not impossible, not too difficult when you have a solid strategy, but a big time waste with the rare chance for a decent reward. Nexus is a breeze.
    • Like x 4
  3. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

While I agree to a point, sometimes there are reasons why a group didn't make it through the last boss, people leaving and not coming back, being in there for 3 hours (which it shouldn't take nearly that long of course )....but with freezes, dcing, waiting for people etc...sometimes it can take that long....people just can't sit there any longer and the group decides to call it a night.

They still haven't fixed the rendering of aoe's in there, I know half the time when groups get wiped at last boss isn't because they aren't skilled, its because we aren't seeing the animations...ie whirlpools, shields, aoe's, etc... Talking about Nexus of course not Paradox

Now of course there is a percentage of people like you said that don't finish because they don't have the skill ...because all they ever did was glitch, but that isn't the only reason you see people shouting for last boss.
    • Like x 7
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I have not run either raid, so I cannot speak to that. However, I imagine some of the problems with the last boss may stem from the new DLC and more players reaching the ridiculous CRs asked for to run the raids. People can gear up very quickly now with replay badges and the Raven bounty.

I am sure the hotfixes/updates for the raids had some part in what you are seeing in LFG, but the DLC may also be playing a part.
  5. Kristyana New Player

The tells were changed with GU29 but reverted back a week later with the DLC8 launch. In addition, there are mechanics in there now that used to work that are broken (people getting pulled through the floor, the nexus drones not debuffing, half of the oneshots not rendering or not showing tells at all, and those that do show going back to the half second window that doesn't give you enough time to jump cancel and roll.)

The two main glitches were the 4x loot bug and a paradox bug that allowed you to get back into the fight when you died. Those have been fixed.

There's a difference between people that are complaining about the difficulty because of the damage done by/high health of the enemies, and those that are complaining because the broken mechanics are making it more difficult. Please don't blanket everyone who complains about Paradox/Nexus as the former - there are definitely legit issues with both raids that need to be addressed.
    • Like x 20
  6. Master Manipulator New Player

Well for me personally I will shout for last boss nexus cause if I can get in just the last boss fight that's what I'd rather do.

The loot in the rest of the raid is worthless, I don't need the marks anymore.

So if I can pop in and just knock out the last boss, get my crap drop (with a chance at something ok, hasn't happened yet though) and leave...

That's what I'd rather do... If I miss all the league runs that is.
    • Like x 4
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not really complaining about the raid difficulty. The only problem in Nexus is the green lantern ring artifact in the end. Ever since the launch of the dlc breakout time has been glitched or hampered. Even in open world when heatwave puts you in the heat bubble, You can mash R1 and see your power bar decrease from using the breakout but still unable to break out of stun. This affects the ability to heal and throw power in the raids. Paradox is not worth a reset anymore because even if something good does drop, the chance of it being your role is slim chance to none. Nexus is still easy despite the stun problem. But the loot on Paradox with the own loot is nothing more than a complex material search.
    • Like x 1
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I love that the glitches are fixed cause no not to many people can finish the last boss and I can slip I and just heal the last part for the only drops I'm interested in with out doing the whole raid lol

On another note I think there's something wrong with Ninja batman if you get him in the room with the bot that stuns you. He will have his full attention focused on the tank but somehow he will one shot players no where near him without even looking at them. It's not the spikes he puts down or anything you can notice. He'll be swinging away at the tank and next thing you know people are getting one shoted. It never happened till maybe 2 updates ago.

It's kinda annoying when you die from nutting lol
  9. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

The raids are both borderline.

Nexus' issues are in rendering and the one shots (which at least lexes ring has been fixed, it now does damage after the first instead of prior to the firsts appearance)

Paradox isn't to be approached the same at all. I've literally been in pug groups with tanks just sitting in front of the boss the entire time expecting to tank the hits when its meant to be more a bull fight. You can't fully contain their aggro, the warrior will still shoot balls as it pleases, the sentry will jump where it will, the ravager will bubble who it wants and the opressor will charge at whoever it wants.
    Adds are the tanks job, if a tank mainly ignored the boss aside from a pull here and there and grouped up the adds at the right time, its a pretty fair raid, not easy but fair

The issue is paradox is riddled with inconsistencies and issues that haven't quite all been addressed or acknowledged.

Issues like the random electric balls reducing the already small space you have to move around (in a raid where movement even trumps healing) with things like the ludicrous time you are given to toss the balls at sentry's shield (along with them being near the aforementioned electric balls AND occasionally falling through the floor)

Another thing being the fact that the oppressor, while being the simplest boss has an apparently unavoidable bubble that hits for 50k on its own or when attacks or broken, but you actually recognize after a while, the ball is actually a projectile that spawns above peoples heads and its a semi transparent ball that is impossible to avoid unless you are already moving, and can target the same player multiple times in a very short time frame. my record is 4 chain bubbles. as in revival, heal to full health myself, then bubble. 4 times.

The warriors balls sometimes don't spawn for all 8 players.

All helpers in the tunnel are linked to one shot mechanics and attempt to melee the bosses. Sentinel and warrior Consistently kill their helpers instantly.

The adds have been changed to no longer allow a careful approach past to avoid them. before they picked a side of the tunnel and you had to be cautious, now they often spawn in the middle. (this may be intended)

The ravager has a one shot beam that appears for less then a second but actually persists for about 8 seconds.
    combined with a 10 second revive timer, is atrocious.
    If you don't understand, the beam shoots, you see a teammate and you attempt to revive them, when you walk on top of them (this is after he is shooting at ANOTHER team mate at the same time or back onto some other action) you will be hit for the damage the beam dealt.
  10. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

They are possible, but they aren't content people will want to return to without some issues fixed.

Paradox having a 15 minute speed feat and a no death feat with those issues above as compared to nexus is also a VERY interesting choice.

funny enough, i noticed this in 4 runs, 2 halfway done and 2 finished completely.

So it's not as if these things are well hidden or hard to see,
    its just very few actually care because most without leagues were too intimidated to attempt the raid before the epic odyssey feat glitch.
  11. Killgasm Well-Known Player

Protip: The bubble always targets the player that is furthest away from the Oppressor.
    • Like x 2
  12. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

That I can confirm isn't guarenteed AT ALL.
    I've literally stood further away and watched someone get bubbled and pop them.

Actually I've had people behind me do the same to me.
    Its a projectile, he faces you, and he has the old future lex nexus tell syndrome. As he growls (almost immediately as he's facing you) the bubbles already above your head
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

The thing about these t5 raids is I've written off getting any feats attached to them most of them aren't worth dealing with the trouble and issues on the ps3 side maybe when they move everything from the ps3 to the ps4 they won't be so bad but I'm not going to hold my breath .
  14. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I agree it seems every time they introduce something new something else gets broken that wasn't even broken.

And oh yeah I wonder how many would even have beating Nexus early on with out the exploits sometimes, but then I think of 1 line, thats right these raids are easy.

I too have written them off even after I beat Nexus straight up about a month ago but I join or put a group together once a week a more for friends.
  15. Flightboy New Player

Here's a strategy that works really well for Superman DNA / Green Lantern Ring: When walking into the last room, go either to the far left or far right side of the room. Stay completely out of the inner circle where the balls spawn. Have your raid group form two teams. One team of three ( DPS, Heals, Troll) stay on the side closer to the artifact, then have the tank, and then have a team of 4 ( 2x DPS, Heal, Troll ) on the side closest to the entrance ramp. You are all on the outer circle again ensuring you stay out of the ball spawning center. The Tank lunges in, grabs aggro and moves the lexs in between the two teams having the lexs facing their attacks towards the wall behind the tank.

Shielding: it's very simple, if/when the shield pops on the group of 4 they stay in place and that shield is for them. If / when the shield pops on the group of 3 they will lunge the tank when the skull comes for the one shot. It behoves the tank to rotate properly and ensure he has an immunity ready to use for his lunging group of 3. It also behoves the group of 3 to target the lex closest to the tank before lunging. Rinse and repeat. If the group of 4 gets two shields one will go to the other side and lunge with the group of 3.

I know this makes your fighting space much smaller but it is an effective way to mitigate being tossed all over the map from the balls. PM me if you have any questions. Best of luck.
    • Like x 2
  16. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

They reverted them back? What was the reason behind it?
  17. Flightboy New Player

This goes for tanks too who try and range/kite tank him. News Flash for tanks he has pillow hands you don't need to range/kite tank him lol. You run the risk of being put in a bubble. Also, you can dodge the attack that puts you in the bubble. Best of luck.
  18. Sjxz New Player

Rafters still work, what are people talking about?
  19. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Nexus/Paradox are still tough raids after hotfixes, I have no complaints. I appreciate the hotfixes due to Paradox being SLIGHTLY easier to finish up the last boss. Like siressarchangel said being in there for 3 hours is not reasonable for just 1 raid. I wouldn't say people are complaining just need a few things fixed such as Nexus its just the debuff bot, and the animations that need to be fixed I feel. When people have been in 1 raid for 3+ hours and you have work in the morning then sometimes it can be a drag.
  20. Craven Green Loyal Player

I will a
    I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. I ran it straight up and also used the wall when the group I was in wasn't skilled enough to fight it straight up. I will say that I find Wave easier now than Nexus but only at the final boss fight.
    Since they "fixed" it I have lagged out in two separate Nexus runs and made my team wait for at least 1/2 hour for repeated disconnects and I was not the only
    I have been in the last boss fight when even the person with the shield couldn't see it and only realized they had the shield was when the rest of the team died (no one else could see shield on them either.)
    I was in a group where we got the Superboy Artifact (the evil bouncing purple balls) and while they were bouncing you around, you couldn't see them at all.
    I have also been asked to come troll the final boss fight for a group that I can clearly tell have never done anything but climb a wall. Sometimes you can get them through it with explanation but sometime depending on which bosses they have and what Artifact they got nothing is going to finish that raid.
    DCUO please fix the new "glitches" in Nexus.
    People who have always climbed a wall practice more with skilled groups and you wont find it so difficult soon. If you usually run with the same people then try pugging it but be honest with the group if they pick you up so they can explain what's going to happen with the shields etc. Nothing more frustrating than someone who keeps getting themselves, or the team killed because they wont admit they don't know what's going on.
    Some combinations in the final boss room are definitely harder than others, so if you are not trying for the feat of all the combos of final bosses then stack the room with the bosses you find easiest to kill and then the only unknown will be the artifact.
    • Like x 1