Nexus Line of Sight Artifact Tanking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BatDubb, Sep 3, 2013.

1. BatDubb New Player

Do people really do this? Is it really that much easier than just using the shields properly and protecting the tank? I suppose this is a legitimate strategy, using the environment given, but then again, couldn't the same be said for using the rafters?
  2. YodaDog New Player

Do they do it? Yes.
    Is it lame? Yes.
    • Like x 1
  3. MCAZR New Player

If the tank prefers this method then why not?

Side note: Thank goodness the rafters are no longer an option.
  4. Savage Mind Committed Player

It is considered an exploit.
    • Like x 1
  5. BatDubb New Player

Glad to see an expert has chimed in.
    • Like x 7
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

I personally like this method the most... I never considered it an exploit until this thread but i can see how it could be. But lets keep in mind it doesn't promise victory nor does it make the raid way easier. it justs makes it so shield management is more safe and efficient
    • Like x 1
  7. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Now I have to ask: what are you talking about?
    • Like x 4
  8. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I get with removing the rafters strategy and all, BUT
    WHY DO WE GET AUTO GROUNDED FROM EVERYWHERE IN THE ROOM? even in the middle of the room? reaally?!
  9. SoulflyMike42 New Player

I agree. When it seems lately Nexus, having a shield is drawing extreme aggro while tank is doing his job, being in the shield you are still getting 1 shot damage, floor AOE's are going on already dropped teammates, and sometimes you just want to get the **** out of that room. Im always willing to try different strategies in which it gets everyone through the raid
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I hate it...Mostly because Tanks miss a lot of the time or mistime it horribly

I just want my tank to hold aggro and block...let the rest of the team go to the tank, their job is hard enough
    • Like x 2
  11. BatDubb New Player

Agreed. I got a kick out of hearing that the beast league that had cleared Nexus and Paradox multiple times without glitching really has trouble with the shields and typically runs the boss fight like this.
    • Like x 1
  12. IThe PatchI New Player

Why everything in this game has to be so cookie cutter? What's the problem with the tank getting protection behind the artifact? If you're in the middle of the street and you see a bomb going to explode, will you wait for a shield to fall from the sky or jump behind the nearest car? I see no glitch on artifact tanking, nor should anyone. It's a strategy, and isn't even game breaking.

Rafters are a different story. When people come down the boss should come for them, as they can see each other.
  13. BatDubb New Player

So you're saying that if in real life an evil bald man from another dimension came after you, you wouldn't fly up into your ceiling to hide?
  14. IThe PatchI New Player

Yes, but when I come down from the ceiling he shouldn't just stand there staring at my face while I pummel his interdimensional clones.
  15. YodaDog New Player

Well, if Im a superpowered tank, I would fall on the bomb to protect my squishy buddies. Not look for something to hide behind. ;)

I agree its not a glitch and its not a big deal.
  16. Sh0wtyme New Player

As stated before, using the artifact and using the rafters are two completely things. But it's funny how now that the rafters are fixed, how many people can't beat the raid. You now see how many people relied on it. I've been in groups before where we were making great time to finish, and as soon as we got to the end, first thing they talked about was rafters.

You don't even wanna attempt to do it normal? Now if I jump in a last boss group, I see those same names on the scoreboard but they aren't in there anymore. Wonder why
    • Like x 1
  17. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

If the Artifact was an intended shield, you'd see 8 of those lined through out the last boss fight. But, you don't. So, how you can sit here and justify using it to avoid a boss mechanic, when there are shields to do that, is obviously not intended.

But it's cute for those of you that are trying to legitimize it.

It must be really hard for some of you to actually learn the boss fight. *GASP* That's unheard of :3
    • Like x 1
  18. BatDubb New Player

My favorites are those that say that using the artifact and using the rafters are not the same thing.
  19. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

LOL. Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny :) Hurry up and get off work. No ones online :(
    • Like x 1
  20. NexGen New Player

I'm at work! This dlc seems to be too simple to keep numbers up. Oh well.