Hardcore VS Casual?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Badname654 New Player

I'm a casual player player during the week but once the weekend hits I'm one hardcore motha funka.
    • Like x 1
  2. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

:3
  3. Abstrakt Loyal Player

im casually hardcore some times.
    • Like x 1
  4. YodaDog New Player

I never understood this emoticon. Is that a butt with two eyes over it?
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'm Business Causal. I may not get through all the content, but I look good while doing it.
    • Like x 5
  6. Radium Devoted Player

Human Centipide.
    • Like x 1
  7. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

It's Dubb's special face :3
    • Like x 1
  8. YodaDog New Player

What's Business Causal?
    ;)
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Jacket, Tie, No Pants.
    • Like x 2
  10. Death Throe New Player

Hardcore or Casual doesn't matter. Only players care about such meaningless distinctions.

SOE will create content that will try to keep players in game and attract new ones to it. This is a business. It may be a fun business but a business nevertheless. The purpose of a business is to turn a profit. Any other imagined reasons for the creation or difficulty of content are moot when this fact is understood.
    • Like x 3
  11. YodaDog New Player

Ahhh...right my bad...
    I just always refer to that style as "The Migraine"...
  12. BatDubb New Player

Stop stalking me, Britteny.
  13. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Why are you so mean to me? I'm just trying to be your friend :3
  14. BatDubb New Player

I have no friends in this game.
    • Like x 1
  15. Flightboy New Player

Dude you totally didn't read my post or misunderstood it. I at no time talked about whether or not DCUO is or isn't a business. This post was directed at the community. Any other reply not regarding my post is moot. Cheers!
  16. Psych E New Player

Facerollers of the game, UNITE!
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm a casual player, and I've only been playing for almost five months, so I am a somewhat inexperienced player. I've made up for the inexperience by doing a lot of reading, but that cannot be compared to in-game experience. I am still learning new things everyday.

I still call some players elitists. The sad thing is, those that I call elitists are actually probably of the inexperienced crowd; they shout for CR 98+ for all Tier 5 content including alerts. They shout for CR 80+ for Tier 4 content, and they shout for CR 70+ for Tier 3 content. I understand some want speed feats, but I also see a lot of people just wanting high CR players and not accepting anyone else because they want an easy run and don't want to have to worry about people knowing strategy to beat things.

A simple example of what I call an elitist: I was trying to get into Trigon Prison yesterday with my controller. I PUG and send a tell to someone looking for a controller. That player asks me for my "vit", and I tell him honestly that I have a vitalization of 1588. After that, I received no response from him/her. I'm a good controller; I spend a lot of time getting better and learning the ins and outs of my roles. I can double tick 90% of the time and keep PoT up, I can debuff where needed, cc when needed without using cc that makes the dps and tank's jobs more difficult, and I make sure I have enough power and a cola available for the healer and tank if the group gets into a tough spot. I may not have a vitalization above 1800, but I can play the role as well or better than most of the experienced controllers I have met.

[rant]Along those lines, I'd like to mention another trend I have noticed. I spent this weekend replaying Raven with my controller because I am tired of not being able to keep up power for groups in raids even at the TIer 2 level. Before this weekend, my vitalization was 1136. Tier 5 dps players with CR 98+ would go through power like I wasn't even supplying it. It has gotten to the point that unless a controller has a vitalization of 1500+ in all alerts/raids, the high CR dps players are going to complain that the controller isn't doing the job properly. I have been very frustrated by that trend this past month. I shouldn't have to gear up fast just to be able to play my role and enjoy it without feeling stressed about CR 98+ dps players who are used to having 1800+ Vit controllers keeping their power full. [/rant]
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

another useless thread like this post :p
    • Like x 2
  19. Death Throe New Player

I fully understood your post and I did not address the specifics of it. My response was to the general tone and idea of your rant. I am not going to pick it apart and discuss each and every point that you made because the gist of your post could have been said with less words.

It's like you didn't read what you wrote but then again, it was a rant.

To reiterate, it doesn't matter what you call yourself or what others call you or what you call others. The content that is released is released with the purpose of making a profit for SOE. They will try to cater to the majority each time no matter if Casual or Hardcore. Trying to make distinctions or feeling victimized is an utter and complete waste of time.
    • Like x 1
  20. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

The main reason I would never call myself a hardcore player is because I'm too good to be grouped in with them.