Paradox is the worst

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EniacError, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Tikkun Loyal Player

When the only gear you need drops in Paradox and the new loot system is lackluster at best, it doesn't make for a good combo. I'm not saying the one raid will cause the game to fold, but frustrating loyal customers by not delivering the promises they make will cause problems. Again, never said the raid is impossible or we are giving up, but we will not replay as much because it isn't worth the effort to always replay that raid. I rarely reset anything else at this point. The new content is great, but I'm not resetting things because I do not need the gear. I am only basing this speculation off the attitudes I see in game and on forums, but of course nothing is absolute. I just encourage the devs to keep the customer base that supports the game the most in mind when they make decisions and changes. Personally, I have no idea what demographic that would be.
    • Like x 2
  2. Death Throe New Player

This is your quote Tikkun:

You are imploring the devs to do something about Paradox Wave because if they do not the game will fail. If you did not mean to imply that I understand but I am only going by what you stated.

I did not accuse you of saying, "the raid is impossible or we are giving up".

If you really want to change Paradox Wave just don't run it and encourage league mates to not run it. Devs do look at the numbers.

Didn't Jens already state at SOE Live that they were taking a look at the last DLC with an eye to toning it down a bit?
  3. I Need powar New Player

They did toned it down a bit,they made so after you destroy the pillars they don't explode anymore.
    But now they basically put "exploding pillars" everywhere and those "pillars" don't have a counter mechanic
    outside of the "don't stand near it" which is almost impossible given the nature of how the boss fight goes
    and when you add a sub boss in there its impossible to stay far from the orbs.
  4. Tikkun Loyal Player

You can misquote me all you want, I said all I wanted. :)
  5. Tikkun Loyal Player

Good info. We found some spots too. As a healer I feel safest standing kind of center back. I can take at least one of the boss's rolls and two if I block. I'd rather take that hit than risk the orbs. Doesn't work for dps though. I think everyone will need to have some kind of shield for the last boss ready on their loadout.
  6. Pumped New Player

When are the players blamed????? They made the raid as easy as they can with out calling it a T1 raid.

Best regards!
  7. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

[IMG]

And it has a tendency to give people massive headaches if they are in there too long due to the visuals.
    • Like x 3
  8. I Need powar New Player

I think even with dps if they put in fortified block(neck tatical mod) they can survive 1 hit from the main boss roll.
    I have survived some hits and the times i died it did 48xx damage.

Its not impossible,just not fun anymore.
  9. EvilGirlNMLPS3 New Player

Its still definitely fun with the right players , except the orbs 1shotting people & loot items are wack.
    Over all I still like it, quick & short raid.
  10. Pumped New Player

They gave everyone free loot so they wouldn't have to hear these complaints. What else do you wan them to do? They already made the raid easier when some players asked them not to. How about the players who cant beat it get better or just not run the raid. Enough with the nerf cries. 100cr players who can't even beat dawn should say it all.

Best regards!
  11. The Hornet New Player

Not trying to troll, but I'm having a hard time seeing what's so much more difficult about Paradox now than a week ago? Is it the blue orbs around the arena? When you come into the arena head right onto Bunker hill snd get your folks to back way into that nook, tank tank toward the bottom of the hill. We ran it two nights ago with two pugs and the league's least-geared troll and least-geared healer. We tried leaving the oppressor up, but the blue orbs were an absolute no-go, had to close the last tunnel and hunker down into our corner. I dunno, haven't played it since the DLC, did they make it tougher since then?
  12. IGotYA New Player

Leaving the oppressor up was hard but doable,now leaving any boss up is a nightmare.
    The orbs are not going away even after the first wipe,they hit like crazy, and they come out every 0.5sec with no pattern at all,
    if someone dies close to it they are gone, you can't res them without getting your self killed,

and if you are talnking about the bunker from where the oppressor comes out thats a not go,tank can get pushed by the orbs,if the oppressor slip through the tank, your group have to move and there is orbs everywhere there.
  13. Master Manipulator New Player

The problem here... at least IMO...

The difficulty is not worth the reward.

Im not saying it can't be beaten... we still beat it...

But everyone getting on a hill cause its the only safe place from one shotting blue balls and letting the tank do everything is surely not the way it was intended to be played...

The blue balls are just plain dumb. They weren't even in the raid till One Pieced Hotfix.

If you wanna leave them fine... just think about how much they hit, and for how much. It seems to high and to often.

And the people commenting stuff like "learn how to play" and similar ranting... I'm willing to bet don't even get this far into it.

Or play Dox at all.
    • Like x 3
  14. Tesseract Well-Known Player

I never did find Paradox fun in the least. It took me a while to get in a group that actually beat it but when I did...combined with the less than spectacular loot drop (1 boss up) I just didn't really care that I beat it.

With all the previous hard raids (Prime, FoS2 for example) after hours of trying, the first time completing the raids I felt great. It was a bit of a rush completing it. With Paradox it was just like...meh.

Even though Nexus drops are no better I have more fun running through it than Paradox.
  15. Vivi New Player

try tanking in the back of the room, theres an alcove there thats a bit farther from the blue balls(u can let the rest of the team stand there) , u can still tank the opressor near a pillar, but u gotta use the pillar near the ravager side. The front entrance is not an option now unless u knw how to dodge the blue balls.
  16. Death Throe New Player

Misquote you? I quoted what you wrote. Twice. It is one thing to backpedal from your statement, it is another to deny its existence. That's whole other level of intellectual dishonesty but I guess you are standing by what you said you didn't say you said. o_O
  17. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

It seems like the devs have decided that no one should be able to legitimately get the Epic Odyssey feat. I would like to see the devs hop on their toons and get the feat with the current conditions of the raid. Show us a video that it can actually be done now and we will stop crying.
    • Like x 2
  18. Einstein001 New Player

^ This :)
    • Like x 1
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

i know paradox wave works now how it supposed to work since beginning but its to hard ... the constant dmg of the balls is to high.
  20. GateofDestiny New Player

Fight in the middle as intended, then the balls don't matter.
    • Like x 1