Paradox is the worst

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EniacError, Aug 29, 2013.

1. EniacError New Player

I hate Paradox now. It isn't "fun" difficult, it's just jerkball.
    • Like x 4
  2. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Its fun difficult because its the only time in the entire game where you can't just stand somewhere and press buttons

Everything is pretty do or die

The only bad part about the ENTIRE raid is that the tunnels were created to oppose the importance of movement.

Why run when there are un-rendered balls doing 3000 damage at random.

It actually was well created and nexus is the ugly unfun step child of the two.

One flips the combat system, and one tosses in the RNG.
  3. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Paradox sucks now. The room is so poorly designed that they had to make the entire thing impossible to stand in. Do they not want us to complete it?
    • Like x 9
  4. Master Manipulator New Player

yeah its never been a fun raid...

but with the blue balls that surround the main (tyrant) room and one shot people that get anywhere near them...

Plus the garbage loot drops... its just really not worth doing
    • Like x 7
  5. Anhur Committed Player

Completing PW is achievable with the correct team (as obvious as that sounds) and so long as you are not aiming for any feats or leaving sub-bosses up - and forget pugging it, that'll fail 99% of the time.

The biggest draw back is the blue balls - they spew out their stuff in 4 directions without a visual indicator of where it'll land, of course you can use your own spacial awareness and experience to judge it, but when the Tyrant begins rolling and you have 1+ sub-boss up, combined with dodge roll which often fails to work, you've got a recipe for headache - and should a team mate get knocked back and die near them, you may as well not even try to save them.

I am torn - on the one hand I enjoy hard content, on the other I hate being beaten by rooms over populated with mechanics which are often random - I think the best solution would be to imitate the FoS2 tentacles - make each side activate and rotate, so part of the arena are highly dangerous and the team must always be moving
    • Like x 26
  6. Pew New Player

this
    • Like x 3
  7. PachamamaMan Well-Known Player

if getting the sentry in a phase was extremely difficult, now it is impossible. oh and good luck dodging a ravager charge or warrior ball without getting hit by the blue balls.

btw i love how none of this nonsense was in the patch notes.
    • Like x 5
  8. OG ELITE Committed Player

You know I found this raid fun the 1st couple weeks but honestly I'm about as geared as I'm gonna get considering the chance at 88 gear is sooooo slim and going in it just getting the crap beat out of yourself for an hour is just old. I'm already to the point I don't wanna reset it because you never know what kinda group your gonna have. It just seems like it doesn't matter if your wearing t4 or t5 gear you still just get 1 shot by so much crap. Usually by the time I finish this raid I'm ready to quit the game for the night because after going through all that crap just to get a few base items and worthless gear that'll be simple material just ain't worth the hassle. Sorry devs love what you guys been doing lately but this raid is just getting frustrating.
  9. Tikkun Loyal Player

My league is all honest players. We worked hard for the gear we had before the new content dropped. Most of us were already 99. We put in the 5 hour Paradox raids and rarely gave up. Didn't glitch or try to glitch. For the first time in a very long time we had to throw in the towel even with all the side bosses down. This is what I find frustrating. Instead of Paradox being a fun raid to reset, it has been turned into a raid where even the most elite players find it more frustrating than it's worth. ESPECIALLY with the new loot system. Notice I said more frustrating than it is worth, not impossible. I do not see many resetting Paradox from now on. I know I won't be.

Devs, please do something before you start losing subs and replay revenue. I'd hate to see the game fail. I'm really concerned especially with the sentiments I hear tossed around in lfg chat and even in my own league. When hardcore players like myself and my league are looking into other game options there is only trouble ahead. Fix it.
    • Like x 4
  10. EniacError New Player

It's the worst.
  11. GeoShock New Player

L2P
  12. EniacError New Player

OG ELITE has the idea. Most of my team is decked out in traces in time pieces (the ones that the devs are letting drop). We are all 99 or 100 CR and should be closing in on Epic Oddysey, as we were. With this jerkball, no thought, zero effort difficulty increase, we won't see that feat until the next set of tier gear comes out. Jerkballs.
  13. RogerBlack Committed Player

As I read through these threads/posts today, I can easily see THE VERY SAME NAMES that have been on theses forums in the past..... bragging about "[insert mission] is soo easy"... are now the very same guys who are complaining about Paradox Wave.

How ironic.

Excellent job, Devs.
    Well done.

PARADOX WORKS AS INTENDED.
    Deal with it.
    • Like x 2
  14. krimzonk Committed Player

Preach!
    • Like x 2
  15. IGotYA New Player

some players saying it was to easy were glicthing like there was no tomorrow(there is 1 of those here).

They turned a perfect raid into a nightmare, there was no need to increase the difficult,
    unless you were glicthing leaving boss up would add the difficult to suit your group skills/aknowledge on the raid.

i was planning to use replay badges on it,but even if me and my group somehow manage to finish it with
    at least 1 boss up(not worth fnishing with no boss up,even if you didn't reseted it), im not sure i want to pass through that more than once a week,i left that raid with a headache.

ift the change is a response for the glitchers,find a better way to punish those players,
    punishing everyone doing the raid without glitches its not the way to go.
  16. Death Throe New Player

One raid is so difficult players complain about it? Players discuss the hard raid and their desire to play other games with a less hard raid? Does this spell doom for DCUO? Is this the beginning of the END?!

Tune in next week for another exciting episode of, "The Sky is Falling!" to find out!

Check your local forum for listings.
    • Like x 1
  17. I Need powar New Player

Not the doom, but certainly will not be a pleasant surprise in $$$ for them.
  18. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

On the ps3 its bad with the graphics limits and the targeting problems some stuff you can't see . If this raid would have come out next year when more people have a ps4 ( if the ps3 is the problem like they say ) I don't think there would be as much hate for it as there is on the ps3 side .
  19. Pumped New Player

This sums it up:
    Casual player cant beat Parradox so they complained & got it nerfed. Then everyone was able to get free 87-88 gear for 3 weeks. Still they cant beat the raid. I guess its def the raid not the player.

Best regards!
  20. I Need powar New Player

No amount of GFX improvement will make you survive 1-2 shot from the blue orbs,and that is the problem here.