So Cheetah can eat through shields...

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Xeranx, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Xeranx New Player

I was using Steel and as soon as I pull up his shied, an ability was activated by whoever was controlling Cheetah and the damage went from double to triple digits. Also, while blocking I suffered damage that registered on screen as being 405. This is while blocking.

Of course I quit the match. How exactly can I succeed against a character that apparently hit me for 405 damage? I'm not even angry. I'm annoyed, but I'm desperately praying for a better game with a more competent development team that actually tests their stuff out before putting it out to annoy players they say or appear to say they want to keep. I'm so waiting to be done with this abused step-child.
  2. fairyoftime New Player

Im smashing people left in right with cheetah. Well anyway cheetah is a glass cannon.
  3. Karmapolice Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Doesn't Cheetah have a 35% finisher? I'm not too familiar with her, but I believe she can take you down pretty quick if your not careful and let her get off a good rotation.
    • Like x 5
  4. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

405 damage? Catwoman's stealth hits for 450 through block, you must have been hit by her finisher. This is COMPLETELY balanced through the fact it is interruptible so you can do lots of damage to her unless you got countered, in which case you deserve to take the damage (though I doubt this as you were blocking).

I'll make sure to play with both legends next week and get some scrims against talented players to see where they're both at balance wise, until then doing that much damage through block isn't really that bad.

Don't blame the devs for your own flaws.
    • Like x 3
  5. Xeranx New Player

"Don't blame the devs for your own flaws." When I talked about attacks going through defenses to such a degree that they might as well not be there. Exactly what did I say that says anything about my skill or ability?

This is painfully ironic because I made a post that many can say is really sensitive, but the fact that you're sensitive enough to try smacking me when I merely reported damage going through defenses is incredible. Whatever flaws I have are my own. I'm not the best at pvp and I don't even care for it. I do it so I can better my character and not because I enjoy it. Your flaw (considering your last cheerful parting line), however, are that you can't simply read.
  6. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Oh i read it, but if you took 405 through block the only skill she has that can hit for that much for 400 outside of a crit (which even then shouldnt hit for 400) is her finisher. If this is the case, you shouldn't start badmouthing the devs because that's YOUR fault not theirs. Yes it was defensive, but you can't just badmouth the devs because of what you perceive as "bad development" when it's actually balanced and a fault of your own.

If you don't even care for PvP and aren't good for it, how do you even know what is classed as balanced anyway?
    • Like x 1
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

see post below

no ones going to shed a tear that steel users can get beasted....

sadly this just means everyone who has steel will go with the new FOTM as soon as they can....

85 marks i think is a bit too low especially when faust and fate were so high i was figuring more that price
    • Like x 1
  8. Xeranx New Player

I've participated in pvp because, with regard to styles, it was initially (and actually still is) the only way to obtain what I wanted for the concept of my character(s). I don't care for pvp because when in a competitive atmosphere, I get really amped to such a degree that if I see my teammates aren't pulling their own weight, I'll verbally cut them down and sideways. I don't like that aspect of myself and would rather stay away from it. Unfortunately, I can't do that. This isn't the case of doing something you don't like to get something you want, this is the case of doing something you absolutely hate in order to get something you want. Knowing that I hate it and that I have to do it just to satisfy a concept I have so I can enjoy the game the way I want ("play your way") doesn't make me happy when I come up against scenarios I have no way of knowing what will happen.

You say it's completely balanced yet at the same time you're not sure. Tell me how you can be sure of something and then say that you want to take a run with it to make sure? If you're going to be a white knight, at least make sure you know what you're talking about. Don't say you're sure and in the same breath make a case for there to be some sort of doubt. Even if you tested it later and came away thinking that it was balanced, you undercut yourself and your stance with your statement. But keep digging at people, Classy Clutch.
  9. Xeranx New Player

Please read my post again, and understand context. The character I was using doesn't have access to other characters with a shielding ability yet. I bought Steel because I wanted another two-handed user apart from Harley who I used religiously until I bought Steel. I don't even use Steel's lightning storm move all that often because of the drawbacks. If I'm not mistaken, that move is number 2 on the toolbar. All my controllers, of whom I spend the most time playing, have their power over time ability in that number 2 slot. It's pretty much reflex to hit it for me, but when I use Steel I use it less than 1% of the time. So I don't use Steel to try and steamroll people.

So back to context. Mentioning that I was using Steel was so I could talk about the damage going through his shield. If I wasn't using Steel, I wouldn't be able to talk about what I saw. So copy that other loser's Johnny Depp tear pic if you want. I'll just view you as a troll.
  10. TheLoneLantern New Player

Not only did you use Steel, but you left the match prematurely? Wow, sorry Xeranx, but you're getting any sympathy from me. I hate players that do what you did, especially the quitting part...
    • Like x 9
  11. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I'm starting to think this is a troll, move along.
  12. Xeranx New Player

Not only did I use Steel? Almost as though it's an accusation of cheating. I gave my reasons for having Steel in the first place. Quitting a match that I felt was a lost cause due to what I experienced is deemed wrong? I play the game to be entertained. Not to be annoyed. Look for that post and then make your judgements.

@Clutch
    Is that your way of getting some kind of attention from a mod to close a thread because you were called out for what you did? Ok, let a mod close it. I made my post and stood by it. I was judge by people white knighting for SoE and their responses didn't address or attempt to feebly address my main stated observation without accusing me of doing something wrong. I have better things to do than try and incite anything from anyone. Again, I made a statement that I stand by. If that's the definition of a troll then I guess I fit, right? Feel free to move along if you wish.
  13. TheLoneLantern New Player

Most players that use Steel are looking for an easy win. You're at a good advantage, even in a 1v1 situation. Quitting a match is a scrub thing to do. Are you trying to preserve a high matchmaking rank or something? Now, quitting a match as Steel is just about the saddest thing you can do in Legends right now. I'm sure you can put 2 & 2 together to figure out why...

I've made my judgment (sic), and based on all of your actions and stories, you're a scrub and not someone who I would want to pvp with or against. If I were you, I would take those losses instead of quitting, so that you'll eventually be matched against weaker players, ones that are on the same skill level as you.
    • Like x 3
  14. Amazon Committed Player

Sorry I have to agree with king felsa and clutch.

I tried cheetah for 3 matcha before work she is very squishy but does petty good burst dmg.

Her finisher is not OP the highest I got was 1400 dmg. Cat woman's stealth attack does that normally
    Even despite not being under 35% annnnd all you had to do was lunge cheetah to stop it sounds like you don't have enough experience fighting cheetah to understand how to counter her. Why not try playing her so you understand her strengths and weaknesses???

If you got owned as steel then you had someone using a new toon who out played you sorry.

Steel has been OP for so long ( though not as bad as he used to be) I can't feel any sympathy for you.

Ps. Have you seen clutch play? He is beast and I respect him. In clutch we trust.
  15. Mr AFK New Player

Oh guys c'mon.... Cheetah is really good, I love this first speedster! (hope for Flash/Zoom next!)
    She is not OP... you need only some expirience...

I play Cheetach 11 times 1v1 (I play for fun.. not for marks... and yes old marks system was better... :cool: )
    Win: 8
    Lose: 3

Also defeat a lot of Dona and other Cheetach players...

(Maybe i need make some vids with new chars...)

Btw..

Steel is good (I win 95% 1v1 using him), maybe you just fight with better player, dont know how to use his weapon, have lag or idk?
  16. Solace New Player

ill agree that cheetah is op when she beats a catwomen
  17. Kristyana New Player

Cheetah's pretty well balanced. She goes down extremely fast if she's countered.
    • Like x 2
  18. Rainy Days New Player

Did you you play with a teammate that did some heavy hits on cheetah while you were blocking?
    If that was the case, it was more likely an issue of Blood Curse (her reflect ability). As i mentioned in another thread, Blood Curse transfers full incoming damage to an assigned target instead of the actual damage dealer. As this is no direct attack, it might bypass the blocking stance.

While she has some pretty awesome abilities damage wise, most of them have long animation times and none of them can be used to clip others. I would say cheeta is quite balanced compared to existing characters.
  19. Rusvek New Player

time to get a psn card and buy the new OP legend for you huh?
  20. Dirty Fred New Player

Well i just hope you quitted a 1 vs 1 match then so you just dident ran off & left your teamate hanging?

Cuz if you did that then it was a total dickmove!