Parkour for the acrobat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Empress, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I was running and jumping around Metropolis and it occurred to me that it would be so awesome to have more elements of parkour integrated into the acrobat movement style. Not alot just a back flip, an aerial, maybe the ability to leap frog using hands over something or grab hold of a lamp post and swing on it. I have so much fun with acrobat. I can run around for hours farming exos. I just think it would be cool. I realize that the acrobat style already has more animations than flight and speed and that some of the moves would be difficult but it would be cool.
    check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NX7QNWEGcNI
    • Like x 6
  2. Little Sister New Player

Have you ever played Prototype? I think it should be more like that!

+1
    • Like x 1
  3. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I'm going to look that up. I don't think the developers will change the acrobat movement mode. I just think it would be sooooo hot to be moving like a true, modern day Olympic class athletic acrobat would. I've asked for smore simple things like clothing and hair styles. I even asked for a weapon style once. Imagine this: Sai swords for dual wield? Beast! But whatever. I like the comments! Bless!
  4. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Yes. That would be fun. Okay, that's all I have. I have better material when I hate something. This is a good thing.
  5. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

Acrobat is more fun movement in game
  6. ENLIGHTEND1 New Player

The Tumbling master mod gives you more of a Parkour feel, roll into a front lunge then into a forward flip, there are also a few skills you can get from the movement tree like a backflip, skip to about 0.57 in this video I made which shows it
    • Like x 1
  7. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Yeah Prototype was really cool kinda violent but cool but I was more thinking along the lines of this>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AY5XVPf07u8

and not all of it just like the gainer the back flip the frog hop and def pole to pole! Who knows maybe if you get a developer a month's supply of hotpockets and a superduper DC PC they'll do it huh?
  8. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Love it Enlightend. Getting that mod presently
  9. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

...and nature acrobat toons should be able to do this in dog form...
  10. Original Empress Well-Known Player

So I got the foot mod and I like it but still not really parkour feel to it. I respec and got all the skills from the acrobat tree but they are all attacks and not very strong ones. See my problem with acrobat as a movement mode is this. It's not very acrobatic. The most acrobatic moves cost power. Why would it take power from an acrobat to do a front flip? Why would doing a small back flip be a Super charge? The way I see it an acrobat should be able to do all those moves on the run. They should be part of the movement mode not their attacks and how many get those moves out of the acro tree anyway? At lvl 9 you get the jet assisted glide, next the grapple lines and you get the stun resistance and that stuff but who really get the acrobatic stuff? So those animations aren't doing anything anyway. Why not just let them be skills like the grapple lines? Innate and assigned to a keystroke. The front flip could be "V" the back flip "B" and so on. Right there next to the space bar so WSAD is not disturbed. I would give up jet assist to be able to swing on a line through the city and catch a lamp pole and swing on it too. The grapple lines need to separate too because I'm so tired of doing races wanting to do the swan flip and a grapple line takes me away from the course. A "KONG VAULT" would be a great addition to the available animations along with swinging on lamp poles and so on. Really using the environment to get from point A to B.

Racing would be better too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_dGoCF6ccLo
  11. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Does anyone think, considering all the changes that have been added to DCUO over the last few years, that the acrobatic movement mode will ever be revamped to more resemble parkour?