Traces in Time loot table broken!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BigBabyGeezuz, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SoulflyMike42 New Player

I feel the same way. It should take quite some time to get gear that is the best in the game currently. You cant have the best stuff drop were everyone has it, wouldn't be any fun to try for it again. I am still doing T2, T3, and T4, raids not for marks but for style feats. Cant wait for single loot system to kick in. It might be easier to get all of the iconic gear for style feats
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Somewhere after playing the same thing for half a year the term "replayability" is just a word used as an excuse for bull*@*^ drop rates.

As for barriers of entry... do me a favor, log on for an hour and write down the CR requirements they give in shout for every t4 operation, then get back to me how it's helping the new players. People who don't ask for CR reqs have friends and queue up then like 3man it or whatever, only the crazies that shout for 97 CR for khandaq do PUGs it seems.

If they want to promote replayability and promote higher tier players to do lower tier content then you could explore other methods that don't completely eliminate any desire to do current content. Have monthly boxes currency scale with CR. Have a Style that only drops from monthly boxes, any monthly box but only monthly boxes. Fact is that's the best way to get people to run through khandaq and sub construct and the other low raids again. Put in something you want to get in the lower content, but I love DCUO so don't make it take over a year to get.

Point is you can promote those two aspects in ways that don't detract from the current content.

Solutions and suggestions have been made, and ignored. It's a fact that they are a business and here to make money. The corrolation of the change in the way loot worked is just too perfect to not fall under that catagory. Anyone who thinks players should have to do multiple raids before they see one drop that anyone in the entire group needs is crazy. And, that's how it is right now.

The 85/86 gear is rot, the other stuff simply doesn't drop... why are we raiding? I'd spend my time better playing the lottery I may have better odds too.

It's fairly simple math (just some statistics) to find how droprates should be set to average a certain amount of time to acquire the given drops. I'm sure someone at DCUO is doing that math.... they simply need to make it for under a year not like 2 years.

Of course there is someone else there adding up all the money from replays sold on that same content... which do you think the powers taht be like to see more? I'd wager it's the money.
    • Like x 1
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

But by t6 you should be at or at least close to full 87/88 gear no? Or do you think the current path is correct where you won't see your full set of traces/time traveler until t7?
  4. UltraElite Dedicated Player

im talking about how Rare loot Gear and Feats helps barriers to entry...

RARE LOOT Gear and FEATS

now did i say there is no other Barrier to Entry in this game? No.

Does the implementation of CR increase the Barrier to Entry? Yes

Is that a Reason to give up on Barriers to Entry and not try to keep them low? No

What is even ur point to mention Cr requirements when im speaking about Lowering the Barriers to Entry

Me: Well Rare loot keeps Barriers to Entry Low
    You: Well Cr Requirments raise it......

its ok cool story, im sure there are other things that lower and higher Barriers to Entry

But this thread is on Rare Drops

u think going to off subject taking about cr requirements makes the claim that Rare Drops lower Barriers to Entry invalid?
  5. UltraElite Dedicated Player

The problem is u are running the same thing over and over for over a half a year to year.....u got all the drops and all that's left is the rare drops. U got nothing else to run except this and all that's left is rare drops

I think the problem is that ppl geared to quickly and now instead of complaining about lack of content, they complain about the rare drop rates on the super rare gear for the content they have to run over and over cause there is nothing else to run.

complain about the Content. Then we get new content, with those shiny pieces of gear u so desperately want
    • Like x 1
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

My point is that making a few specific rare drops that people fight over the only reason to do said content completly counters it's effect on the barrier of entry.

Keeping higher CR people in lower tier content for stupidly rare feats doesn't help the barrier of entry. If anything it promotes smaller group runs of that content completely avoiding new players. The pugs that do run only run with other high CR people. Even if a lower tier player were to be carried that's not a good thing as they don't get to actually experience the content and when they get to the top tier they will be in for a rude awakening.

My point is y our point is wrong.

They attacked barriers of entry with lowered tier armor costs and conversion to MoT. YOu can get 70 cr in under a week without being carried through anything... it doesn't need to be any less.
  7. UltraElite Dedicated Player

everything u said is based on out-dated information on doesnt justify changing the loot tables

once this DLC hits in a few days, everything u said about CR requirements and not running with lower tier ppl will be invalid, yet my point will be even stronger

i say stronger, cause while u are correct that ppl run smaller groups without new players

threads like this show it still helps barriers to entry

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-wanted-to-say-thank-you.169963/#post-1984454

while ur counter claim that ppl dont want to share loot with new players will be invalid

hence why my point is stronger and waaaaay more valid especially in the coming days

so while i have show justification why Rare loot Drops works, u mention a problem that has already been addressed
  8. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

I can deal with low drop rates, like the Runic Norseman set, but if the pieces aren't actually dropping at all then it's either broken or it's a plan to release them later and have us spam replay badges all over again.
    • Like x 1
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

People aren't complaining about lack of content because that does us no good. I'm not going to say there is a lack of content then all of a sudden Jens sees it and goes "hmm maybe we should make more content", simply doesn't work that way. THey are making as much as they can as fast as they can becuase they know we will eat it up faster than they can make it.

There were PLENTY of threads just as long as this one is about Norseman style. I remember doing the math back then too and seeing it was like a 2 year feat.

The problem isn't lack of content but that the gear is going to take longer to get than the content is going to stay top tier.

Ideally if new tiers come once a year, it should take me like ~10 months to farm my full set. Right now that simply isn't happening. People are running the raids like 4X a week or more, I know pepole that have run 2 years worth of paradox/nexus already, still not even half purple gear.

That's the issue.

The gearing process should be aimed to match the time a tier is considered current. and, that's simply not the case currently.
    • Like x 5
  10. Miahztwin Committed Player

Ok, i just asked my league mates and two of them claim they saw chest and shoulders when the Dlc was fresh. This is on USPS3 side, not sure about PC.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You say that post is a counter claim... I say nonsense. It's a confirmation of the truth, by far most pepole have rediculous CR requirements. So much that having a night with a single group not having a crazy requirement deserves it's own thread...

And I'm not talking about the future because I'm talking about hte past, You've been saying they make these droprates for the health of the game, I'm giving specific reasons why that's nonsense with facts from the past... I can't have facts from the future as it hasn't happened. The only reason I posted was because you said the corrolation between low droprates and replay badges was conspiracty, I've simply provided facts which make that sound much more like a fact than a conspiracy.

And still this new system is promoting carrying people through content... something they specifcially designed against when they made it so you couldn't get loot in a raid above your tier.

So it's ok to get people who are higher tier to wipe the floor with something lower tier and get the gear. But it's not ok to do the same but at a higher tier than the carried person is at.... Some inconsistancy there.
    • Like x 1
  12. Whiteroom New Player

Agreed, if you are running the normal rotation, without replays. People are running this so much more than that with replays and still not completing the set. Meaning that it is far to rare and planned to drop to sell more replays.
    • Like x 2
  13. Scotty Ohura Well-Known Player

I can confirm that all pieces of traces in time exist in the game, not sure if they drop, but at SOE Live the PS3 they had out was running live people were PVPing on it and someone opened the inventory toon had full traces, so they exist just not sure if they drop
  14. Master Manipulator New Player

No... no one in this thread can say, nor have they said that cause the head, shoulders and chest do not drop

We have proven this to an extent, We know for sure if you want the 87 legs, You need Space as the main.

We have done many leg runs, and he drops them in all roles I would say 60% of the time.

But the main boss does seem to dictate the loot in Nexus.
  15. PachamamaMan Well-Known Player

sorry but this week healer T.i.T legs dropped and cybernetic was the main, there is no evidence that the loot is tied to the combo.
  16. Master Manipulator New Player

I said to an extent.....it would be nice if the devs ever gave us some kind of direction
  17. Cerbius New Player

All that needs to happen is a dev to please comment regarding this issue. Or at least hint at what it takes for these drops to even have (assuming they even drop at all).
  18. Nawtae Well-Known Player

I'd like a dev's response on this too on the main topic, not this replay badge crap.
  19. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

What does "proven this to an extent" mean? And this is besides the point. We have killed every boss as the main Lex many times, no matter the combo, the head, shoulders and chest do not drop.

They did the same thing with the T4 ops where they left out one piece from each set on hero side and then finally added it in later.
  20. Nawtae Well-Known Player

They might have actually got the loot table correct on the PS3 side where all pieces of Traces drop but maybe messed it up on PC side?