GTA V Online Trailer

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Wildfire, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Wildfire New Player

This is what happens when top level developers create a game.
    • Like x 1
  2. SparkmanX Committed Player

WAOOOOO. That was AWESOME.
  3. General Zod 10000 Post Club

I wonder if we'll be able to fly that plane at 0:51 :eek:
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I know I'm in the minority, but I played the two previous games in this series and I was bored senseless after 3 days.
    • Like x 3
  5. DrewCheech New Player

I wanted so much not to care about GTA 5. But then I watched the damn multiplayer trailer. This looks better than most of what's being offerend on PS4. And if Red Dead Redemptions multiplayer taught GTA a few things, I gotta start saving my money :)
  6. Yeah that Eddie Committed Player

[IMG]
  7. Deathmark New Player

Have you liked OTHER open world action games?

Gta IV was a disappointment, but San Andreas was amazing. Personally when it comes to games now, if it's not open world, I probably can't be bothered.
  8. BlueVariable Committed Player

First thing I thought of when seeing this trailer was "Caprica" and "Gamer."

Can you imagine what it will be like to play this using an Oculus Rift and an Omni Treadmill?
  9. Deathmark New Player

The thing is i was misled by the title of the thread. This is actually just called GTA Online and is a standalone game from GTA V.

It does look great, but frankly, i hate facing human players in anything resembling a shooter cause you always get guys who have been playing this stuff nonstop for years and it's just no fun to go against them. Like APB was a very flawed game but i would have enjoyed it A LOT MORE if i could have like...done anything. I mean yeah you'd get a few games against players of your level if you were lucky, and then you'd get against people who knew eveyr single bit of the map and had the best weapons and had flawless aim and then it was just no fun at all. Of course, APB is a free game, so they have to make money with selling gear. I'll hope GTA online will pretty much keep it on an even field for everyone. It's definitely good that you can do MORE than just shoot each other from what the trailer shows. Race and stuff. If done right there's no doubt it could leave a lot of action oriented mmos in the dust.
  10. Wildfire New Player

Idk... even playing is a longshot, This series is the reason i bought a PS3. Im an all around gamer and usually beast on all games of any genre from sim racers to fighters, but with GTA its a level above that. Most of the guys i know are GTA raised so to speak, and will be absolutely dominant in that world. Sucks for the outsiders, but its great for us because we are GTA die hard fans and finally got the game we deserve.

As for the title, it was just easier to put that rather than to clarify anything, its a separate entity but as far as calling it a standalone game, its a grey area. I see your point, its a different concept, which will evolve by itself, but it still uses the same disc, the same universe and characters (with custom characters too) and is set around the same time, a little before the story mode if i remember rightly.

You`ll have a few weeks to adjust anyway before GTA Online is downloadable.

As for extras, its not just about shooting. You can create your own DM of course, but you can also create your own races online, with all vehicles, you can rob banks as a crew to earn money and divide amongst it. The money can be used to upgrade weps, clothes, buy houses/apartments, planes, cars, boats etc for all your crew to use. Hell... if you make $50,000 in freemode, and you walk around with it and get killed... you lose it ALL, unless you go to the bank first and deposit it. Which of course means me and my fellow clan mates will be waiting at all the banks to beast noobs and steal their money.

It will be the best game of the last 15 years, guaranteed.
  11. General Zod 10000 Post Club

It's just like San Andreas Multiplayer :D
  12. JayJay2515 New Player

Already know what my character will look like

[IMG]
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I used GTA 2 on Dreamcast, GTA3 on console (made leap to 3D, it was crazy awesome @ the time), & Vice city on console (scareface). I didn't continue, it seemed more of the same (Madden, CoD, etc). Now, with mod potential (nobody uses consoles anymore! ;)) and the new beefed up multiplayer. I might get it. maybe.
  14. TrueOlympus New Player

looks like am MMO to be honest
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

ps: ESO seems like an online version of Skyrim, where the only thing different is you can invite others to see you hoard of cheese in your house.... in game. [IMG]
    & that can be done with a screen shot. /facepalm.
    are there even dragons in it?
    GTA needs dragons..... maybe unicorns?? or is that too in line with Saints Row? (GTA meets Crackdown)
  16. Deathmark New Player

because it is?
    • Like x 1
  17. Jake New Player

Opinions, opinions everywhereeee!

The best game of the last 15 years is Diablo 2, this doesn't even look amazing. It looks fun, sure, but not what I want to spend a lot of time doing. Now, if it was Red Dead Redemption...
  18. Agnetta Dedicated Player

its part of GTA V. its not a standalone game. its like how Metal Gear Online was a part of Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid 4.
  19. MARK2099 New Player

Apparently look much better than the big letdown of GTAIV with crappy framerate in ps3 version, also the gameplay was slower than previous GTA who were much more arcade making even more boring the game to me, i may give a try, videos usually don't convince me when it comes to games, i rather rent the game or play a demo first.
  20. Deathmark New Player

Yeah i realize it now. Just the way it was presented on the site i looked it up DID make it sound like it was standalone.