Plasmic aura

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Clip, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Mary Magdalene New Player

DCUO devs taking a note from their own subscribers who scam people everyday with false PSN codes and trade gltiching.
  2. TheMarvel New Player

By existing I meant no red, purple, gold, etc.

If you bought the bundle twice you could conceptually get the 'Digital' aura twice. But, correct, it is tradeable.
    • Like x 1
  3. Redpocalypse New Player

The bottom line is this...they were up front and clear about the contents of the bundle. It was in plain, understandable language clearly placed in the ad. Anyone who chose to purchase it solely for the chance at the plasmic aura and not wanting or needing the various supplies offered in the bundle did so at their own risk. So getting angry and calling SOE scammers and other negative things is really uncalled for. I understand the frustration of not winning but the anger is misdirected.
    • Like x 3
  4. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I purchased two and neither had the Plasmic aura. I really only wanted to get that aura and I can't afford the 60 million in game marketplace cost. Stinks but after $40 bucks I'm not buying another just to get another Blue aura.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cataclyzm New Player

I was lucky enough to make a good trade for mine but I had to farm my butt off in order to afford it, the aura is really cool there's no doubt about it, but is it 20 bucks cool? Heck no! If your getting the bundle just for the aura then I'd suggest saving your money.
    • Like x 1
  6. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Though I agree your logic, you can't tell people what they can or can't be angry about. This promotion was poorly executed.
    • Like x 5
  7. Kristyana New Player

/shrug

I guess I'm used to playing games that have this exact same lockbox lottery. You buy the lockbox, it contains useful items, with a CHANCE to get a super rare item.

I needed more replay badges anyway, so this worked out.
    • Like x 3
  8. Redpocalypse New Player

Fair enough. I guess it is ok to be angry.
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  10. Frankiefoureyes New Player

would just like to say 3 in all i have to show is dark blue blue and gold...
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I bought two didn't get it in any of the boxes had to pull and all day and night farming bit run to get it luckily I got it about 20 minutes before shutdown lesson I learned is if it not just the aura for sale I'm going to pass I'm not going to pull an all nighter to get an aura again .
    • Like x 1
  12. MercPony Devoted Player

I really have an issue with the $20 price tag so I am not going to cave and buy it when knowing my luck, I won't get the Plasmic Aura lol I also refuse to get one on broker because US PS3's economy has them all at 50mil+.

My boyfriend took a gamble and bought it and got lucky and got himself the aura lol He is using it on his character because he feels more worth wearing it than selling it for some in-game cash.
    • Like x 1
  13. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Yes, they were up front and clear. Which is why I didn't buy.

However, after all the threads saying how ***** the randoms are, it is an insult to try to sell us another random. If the day comes that I leave DCUO, it will probably be because I'm tired of losing every roll and only getting duplicates on the randoms when I find a collectable. And they try to entice me with a chance to waste money on $30 worth of garbage I would never buy and more of their random? That's like Joe Chill asking 13 yo Bruce Wayne which parent is coming to parents night at school and laughing in his face.

I never said it was a rip-off. I said it was an insult.
    • Like x 3
  14. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

this deal was interesting in that it was a funny way of inadvertantly shifting in game money around

you payed 20 bucks for a chance at 100 million+ (selling nearly instantly) on the first 2 days.

The value of this has plummeted USPS3 to 40 Million-30 Million.

As an actual idea to get people excited and in support of this games direction?
    One of the worst things done. Flat out.
  15. King Atom New Player

Even though the bundle was a good buy for the savings on the amount of things you get,it does feel some what dirty SOE knew players would buy it for the aura more so than the value of the items and replays you get.

Or like TheMarvel said,why included old aura? why not for example 4 new auras with a chance to get any one of them. OR new aura in the marketplace and bundle pack separate.

Icing on the cake sureee...lol but after buying two bundles I thought why the heck did I fork over $40 just for a "chance" to get a new aura two che' SOE...you know how to mix in gambling in to DCUO....whats next SOE devs buy "DLC 9 war of the lanterns with a chance to get a piece legendary kilowog energy armor"

Lesson learned,it was a choice but never again when sub runs out ill go free to play till it equals what I spent.

I just feel bad for those that spent enough to buy PS3 but hey maybe they got money like that...still crazy though.
    • Like x 2
  16. PSNDeadlyGamer New Player

[IMG]
    ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I saw someone with a Plasmic Aura last night. It looks cool. Better than the pic, imo.

Still not gonna waste money on the bundle..
  18. Skyfall New Player

I was sitting on 4 captain cold hoods, and traded for an aura. lol.

Haven't equipped it yet. Might sell it xD
  19. Ebonbolt New Player

Some faulty logic going around here.

Saying that you're getting a deal because the items in the bundle aside from the Plasmic Aura would cost you more than they do in the bundle is only true in that you have need of the items in the bundle. As example, I have more replay badges than I currently know what to do with, so more of them is not something I would purchase and their inclusion in the bundle is not a selling point. To a man in the desert, a glass of water at $20 is a good deal, to a man in the midst of a flood the glass of water is useless.

Am I upset that I won't be getting the Plasmic Aura? A little, but far less upset than I would be spending money and walking away with a bunch of stuff I don't have use for and some auras I could have gotten for far cheaper by either purchasing/trading for them in game or playing long enough for them to drop.
  20. Zpred Dedicated Player

This bundle is not meant for people like you or me or anyone else that's got too much of everything else it has to offer, this bundle is however a good deal as a whole for those that haven't got alot of the stuff the bundle gives as well as a small chance to get a plasmic aura as an extra.

The problem is, well for alot of people that don't read is they thought/believed that they would get the plasmic aura once purchased, when in fact it says a chance to get, also alot thought this bundle was an aura special with added bonuses, when in fact it was a special bundle with a chance to obtain a limited aura.

However that aside, I do believe the plasmic aura should be sold as a single item in the market place or if/when they plan to do more of these new auras is to let them have their own purchase in the market place for future references. But this is a typical soe move, they knew people would be mislead and or buy multiple bundles just for the aura, can't blame them though, smart move on their side.