Christian Bale plays hard to get.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Has2besaid, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Deathmark New Player

as for how i feel about Bale coming back regardless of this rumor. Yes, if they're not gonna spend a film introducing a new Batman i want it to be the one already established in the Nolan trilogy. Preferrably played by Bale, But i'm ok with another actor taking the role as long as it's understood to be the same Batman. A new one entirely? Not that keen on that.
  2. Sakasa New Player

On the A Team...For what it was that movie was great well deserving of a sequel if the Sly already have a expendables 5 cast already in scope. Starting to think people don't understand simple fun movies that don't rely on logic or sensibilities but yet people loved dumb and dumber.

For batman While for what it was Bale did a great job fitting into the role Nolan made but as a whole I think they should break away fresh to a young new comer actor. One because the batman of Nolan's trilogy is not a batman that would have survived even to the first robin period. He was much more human intentionally only becoming semi superhuman (peak perfection) in rises and his villians were no where near as threatening as they could be Scarecrow obviously being one of the most under used. So to fit in a world with superman a new scope has to be drawn to fit into the DC proper as batman will have to tangle with the likes that can stand up on some level to Superman.

The second reason is lets be honest if batman does make a hit there are many many stories that should be told on the big screen if you are going to treat it more comic book then movie (Because Nolan's trilogy always had a end wrap up in mind) and they will try to milk it for what its worth and hopefully the writting staff will keep it proper; But a no name actor is less likely to pull "I have grown bored with this" card which lets be honest they are entitled to because if money is not an issue for them why should they do something they are tired of?

So I am rooting for new actor
  3. Yeah that Eddie Committed Player

One of my league buddies on Heroside plays the sound clip, "Piece I'm out, I'm Batman." whenever he is about to log out. I still laugh everytime he plays it.
  4. Meta Flare New Player

I don't think an entirely new one would be all that bad. I mean everyone already knows his origin and major plot points for the most part. That being said I almost don't want it to be the same batman. As good as those were I would prefer a slightly younger version because the superman we have now has just become superman, know what I mean? Obviously I wouldn't want a brand new batman who hasn't fought his major enemies yet, but I don't want the grizzled old vet that bale would be at this point...unless the movie is going to be heavily inspired by the dark knight returns part 2. Which I doubt it will be since this is prob going to lead towards the other main characters getting movies and eventually a jla movie. If this is the case they need to hurry up before everyone is too old.
  5. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Sorry, Expendables lost me when they had to use full auto to knock out some light fixtures... and they had laser sighting to boot. Then near the end they had to place explosive charges in a slo-mo montage that seemed to last forever.
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

found this.... (NSFW, Language) Max Landis pitches a DC movie:
    hmmm. iiiiinteresting.
    New Batman, por favor. So many have worn the cowl... next!
    [IMG]
  7. Sakasa New Player

I get that wasnt much a fan of the movie but I like that some of the actors are back on screen but other then that I can't see how that can keep going but A-team which while a very expensive cast was a much better movie but since they didn't break Avatar numbers the sequel chance was DOA. I know the people in charge in tensle town are not the most understanding bunch but along with ticket prices they really know how to kill movie fans.
  8. LL New Player

Just so you know ticket prices are set by the theatre you go to not the movie industry.

Also A team did not have an expensive cast, the budget was high because of sfx...they did not bring back the money needed. You have to realize its a biz, if you don't make money why risk an investment? We are talking 100'sof millions here.

As for Expendables, most of those actors took discount rates to be in the movie, hence why the budget did not go over 100 mill like Ateam.

It made money as many older people went to see it, as they grew up with these people. Sequels followed.

What you failed to bring up was the failed solo efforts of Stallone and Arnold, both did nothing. Expendables worked because everyone is in it.

As for Batman. It should be someone new. If they bring back Bale they are going to have to over pay, which can hurt production value as that money could go to sfx instead of Bale. Bale also from an acting stand point will get nothing from the role, so he will hold out for money.