What on earth happened to the dpsing community on usps3?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SkillorElitism, Aug 8, 2013.

1. BatDubb New Player

These idiots are being told, over and over, that this guy is obviously trolling, but they keep it going. I can't believe this.
    • Like x 2
  2. winter13 New Player

Oh, and to answer the question in your SIG. You are not an elitist because you have skill (according to you) and you know it. What makes you elitist is the fact that you play the game a certain way, and you feel the need to tell all of us that we should play the game thesame way as you. Good day to you sir.
  3. darkmoon caverns New Player

You mean tanking. Look at all the aggro I'm getting. My damage out is going to be soooooooo high.
    • Like x 4
  4. Silver Owl New Player

A lot of the stuff being said in this thread are some of the reasons why I don't dps anymore. I mean I believe I did ok, I got 1-2 mil on some raids got 112 sp (while having 3 other alt's with over 80 sp each and being in and out of leagues), always took the time to research the content to get an idea of what I was getting myself into but in the end there was just too many complaints. Some valid some not I just got tired of dealing with people and their elitism issues which is not the same as doing your best.

Sad part is that these kind of people make up a good chunk of the high end CR player pop on USPC.

Nowadays I just stick to controller and healer, still get complains though mostly from people who don't understand that Electric is a high cost short range burst healer set and that controllers are not design to cover up people mistakes. But I can deal those issues.

It's just entertainment the only thing you can waste here is your time and your already doing that so why so serious?
  5. Rassulla New Player

Oh. My. God. This is the best thread EVER. darkmoon, don't ever stop being so awesome.
  6. One Shot New Player

Dude OMG lol how can you be so dumb? In our nexus/paradox groups the dps produce 5-10 times the damage of a tank, a tanks job is to get wacked, thats it. Leave the dps to dps lol so sad that you even thought a tank should be dpsing loooooool
  7. darkmoon caverns New Player

A tank shouldn't be DPSing. A tank should getting all the ads to flock to him and then take them all out with all his strength leaving the scraps to the DPS. DPS are responsible for picking people up throwing SC and HT trinkets. In every raid I've ever tanked for the group always asks me to go first and kill the ads. They ask ME to get up in the boss's face and take him down. They cry for ME when they see an ad is getting too close. I'm the one who saves the day and kills everything because as a tank I am indestructible. If your tank is doing less damage than the DPS then that tank is not doing a good job.
  8. Ryder New Player

I don't get why people are so obsessed with numbers. I just want to finish the raid/alert and have some fun.
  9. Sytenia Committed Player

I spent most of the day giggling over this thread, my boyfriend is getting annoyed with me now but it's too awesome! :p
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Umm I don't want to be rude, please don't misinterpret my question which is just a question. Could you please tell me how is a tank supposed to do more dmg than a dps when he has -20% dmg penalty just for being a tank and a dps can have up to 60% dmg bonus with his powers? It seems to me that 80% dmg is quite a difference. Perhaps a tank hits more adds, more often, but he hits them much more softly, just going by numbers of course. I also have never ever in 2 years seen a tank be top dps unless dps is about 15 cr points below him.

In raids i see people asking for tanks to get the adds, but not to kill them, just to have them hit the tank instead of everyone else since tank has so much more health and defense than everyone. They ask tank to get in bosses face becase he's the only one that can take the hits, not because he can hit the boss hardest. In my experience being indistructible doesn't mean being a destroyer.

Also a t5 dps can get over 1000 precision and 2900 might, compared to less than 500 prec and less than 2k might at most a full tank would be able to get. (my numbers might be off on the generous side for tanks though, my healer can't reach those numbers on pure healer gear) So a dps with over 100% more prec and 50% more might plus an 80% difference just from the roles, could you please explain how a tank can do more dmg with a 130-180% disadvantage?

Are you uspc? i would love to run a raid with you and see your awesome and hard hitting tanking in action :)
  11. Whiteroom New Player

Good thread is good
  12. Hard Night New Player

Most obvious trolling I've seen here in a while...
  13. The Doctor Loyal Player

My league doesn't even use DPSes for most of our raids anymore. We just have one or two tanks and enough trollers/healers to keep them loaded. What's the point in wasting a spot in your raid for someone who's just going to stand in the back, tap triangle once in a while and come out with 25% of the tank's damage? The only bummer is not having a DPS behind you to pick you up if you get one shot.
    • Like x 2
  14. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

After reading the entire thread... I'm not sure if Darkmoon is serious or not. I am curious where he or she (don't know which) learned math. Last time I checked 100 damage (being generous here)+100+100+100+100*0.8 comes out to 400. Where as a DPS would be typically be doing 100+100+100+100+100*1.35 if fighting the same group of five enemies .Even if you manage to negate the 20% damage penalty, it still would be less damage then a DPS who's equally geared and using the exact same attacks. Why? Because that DPS role is letting the powers grant short term damage boosts that last until the hit counter resets. And they're doing this frequently.

And while I haven't looked at the tank gear closely due to not playing one usually, I do recall seeing it having more health and defense then DPS gear, but lower precision and might. Thus if using full tank gear... You are NOT going to be doing as much damage as a DPS in DPS gear, even if not in tank mode.

Similarly my gadget troller does less damage in DPS then someone with the same tier 1/tier 2 mix of armor I'm using who had DPS gear instead of troller. Yes, my troller is still working on getting the Dark Specter batsuit. And my Nature healer will always deal less damage then someone in tier 2 DPS armor, even if I'm in DPS role.

The tank's advantage isn't damage, it's survivability. In City of Heroes (RIP) I had an ice armor/war mace tanker. Same exact job in teams that a tank role has here. I could fight 16+ enemies, and usually survive. I could defeat them all on my own too.... after about 20 minutes or more of fighting. Or I could keep them focused on me while the team actually defeats the enemies.

Gee, which tactic do you think I used? I'll give you a clue... it wasn't "Brag about how much damage my tanker did".

As for the OP's question, I almost never use DPS role. In fact when getting my Iconic armor for my mains I chose role specific instead of DPS gear since I found I was more survivable in my role usually. And more helpful to teams. My troller still did decent, but not damage in Controller role, but helped the entire team maintain a blue bar. And my nature-plant villain was more useful to the team as a medic when running alerts. There's always plenty of people running around in DPS role. Even if they aren't in the top 10% elite damage dealers in the entire game, they still get by. But a medic or crowd control, that I found alerts needed more.
  15. Gl2i New Player

personally i dont care if the dps or the tank do more damage, i only care about getting through the raid, completing it, and getting my marks of triumph
  16. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

Me either, not that I have done any raids yet. I've wanted to finish getting my T2 iconic armor on my main first... and I want to unlock the 3rd slot in my villain main's utility belt first. When I do alerts or duos though, I care more about stuff like the tank ignoring all adds in the Hive duo or the other person/people not waiting for everyone else to catch up.

I've actually yet to complete even a T1 duo successfully. I keep getting paired with idjits who don't understand team work or "Wait for me before you super-speed into the boss fight area and lock me out, again". Then they quit after dying 2 times cause they had no backup. or if we both get into the boss fight, my partner tries to treat it like a solo challenge and ignores all additional difficulties... Such as the adds in the metrodome T1 boss fight. It's rather annoying.
  17. Rassulla New Player

If you're on usps3, pm me and I can help you with those duos lol
  18. Tule New Player

I like how I get modded for trolling for saying "don't be that guy" yet this guy has a trolling circus throughout the week and it just keeps going.
  19. darkmoon caverns New Player

Well look at this you see folks this is how you do it. This boy has some manners. I like that, kid. You're gonna do fine in this world. :)
    You see the way I see it is that the reason a tank has 20% damage reduction is because they're already so bad-bleep- for being able to take on 50+ ads at once. They reduce the damage so other players don't get jealous. You can counter this damage though by using the home turf mods and then a tank's true power can really shine. Idk what kind of tanks you're running with but my tank hits ads HARD and so many of them too that it causes me to be top damage. The tanks damaging moves hit so hard that a lot of precision isn't necessary and it's actually better to capitulate on your high defense and use the deadly block mod to kill enemies on the spot.(in addition to getting some damage buffs like crit chance/atk for insurance). I've been tanking for a while so I've developed top strategies for maximizing damage output and I've also had to endure the reactions to very many jealous players who wish they could do as much damage as my tank. If you are on the USPS3 server I'd gladly show you how it's done.
    • Like x 1
  20. darkmoon caverns New Player

If only more people switched to tanking so they can do more damage and not be the pickup person. It's like this game is a hospital with a thousand doctors to make the calls but no nurses to do the actual work and remind the doctor what's on the chart.
    • Like x 1