New Content Ideas

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by jallenw23, Jul 30, 2013.

1. jallenw23 New Player

I wanted to open a thread about see what people would like to see in the game. Myself I would like to see the raid groups go to 16 or 40. Also new solo content, new characters add to the game to interact with, and new weapon styles. Just a few of the ideas I have, but what would you like to see.
  2. Notangie New Player

As a couple that plays together, I love duos. Just me and hubby against the world.

Considering that they're holding out on water powers, when it finally happens I'm hoping it's worth the wait. Like a city of Atlantis as big as Gotham and Metro. New mentor with more Hideout/Survival/Iconic battle feats. An underwater lair with mermaid henchmen. It should be a more expensive DLC, but worth the extra price (lair theme sold separately).
    • Like x 3
  3. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

New hairstyles for the female toons, PLEASE! The males have sooooo many options, and the females are stuck with just stupid, generic hairstyles that most don't even look good -__- We need a pigtail style like Harley Quinn's (not Metalhead), a curly hair style, different variations of the shoulder length and long, we need a bun style for the more business-y looks, and I also think there should be a ponytail look for the male toons, just not as girly. Because I know of a lot of guys who prefer to wear long hair in ponytails.

Okay, and besides the hairstyle thing, I would like to see some new DC characters added to the game, and included in more missions. Red Robin, Superboy (they have a t-shirt for him, but I don't think I've ever actually seen him in-game), Flamebird (maybe even include her in a Batwoman mission, or create a Batwoman mission, since Flamebird/Bette Kane has kind of been a big part of Batwoman's storyline, lately), New 52 designs for some of the characters (except Raven, I can't STAND her new costume, she's almost completely unrecognizable), more Beast Boy appearances in missions, and I agree with what Notangie was saying about the underwater Atlantis thing, I think that would be so cool! We definitely need some more "default" maps like Gotham and Metropolis. And I think there should be a rainbow aura, just because :p
    • Like x 5
  4. jallenw23 New Player

Agree with both and great ideas. The duos could use a boost by adding a t5 version. Also I agree the dcuo doesn't do much to carter to the female toon players. I would like to see some content where there is a cause and effect. If you don't stop the villain a cut scene show you what happened due to you failing. If you do a cut scene shows triumph. The latest cut scenes for t5 are a good start but they need to be expand more. I mean you run through and you get a one second end to the mission. Also maybe involve the players with the cut scene. I think our impact on the game needs to be seen. How could would it be to have a memorial plaque where you fell or a victory plaque for the victory for a time being that could be seen in gotham or metropolis.
    • Like x 1
  5. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

I've been suggesting for a while that a new DLC with Atlantis, Aquaman/Manta mentor, and water powers would be epic.

I'd love to see more duos myself. My and my girlfriend play together every night.

As for completely new content, I would love the opportunity to run various duos with certain legends. Basically, it would be a 5-10 floor dungeon, and you fight alongside a legends character of your choice. The enemies would be based on that character. For example, if you chose a member of the bat family as your partner, your enemies would be penguin/joker/two-face thugs, chosen at random. The randomness of the levels and enemies, plus the ability to change who you ran with, would greatly improve replay value, thus replay tokens.
    • Like x 3
  6. Yeah that Eddie Committed Player

Base Editing that is actual editing. Not just placing items on a surface. Stackable items (why have Venom Tank bottom/middle/top if we cant put them on top of each other?). Being able to change wallpaper, more color options for floors/walls, and finally...Why must there be specific spots for the Base Amenities?

Since we are on editing....3 colors for our costumes? Really Sony...it is to hard to give us the ability have more color options.
    • Like x 2
  7. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I think we should be able to change our hair colors to more than just one color, too. Highlights, lowlights, dying your hair two different colors like Harley Quinn, etc.... And there should be baseball cap and hoodie styles without any logos on them, and a hoodie style that you can actually pull the hood over your head.
  8. jallenw23 New Player

I agree I mean they have done so many changes and to the menu and chat menus. It is about time to revamp the styles scheme, colors, different outfits they can reuse(since they like reusing content lol) just by changing the hoodie style as you stated.
    • Like x 1
  9. BlackWingBeyond Committed Player

Hairstyles for men - Include five o'clock shadows as a style. I want to be badass and grizzly.

Emblems - Options to make them glow, or to be raised up from the rest of the suit, here's an example: [IMG]

As of right now, current emblems are sort of just there, they're on the same plane as the rest of the suit, and they can be easily hidden in certain lighting.

More Street Level Crime - There's a lot of Justice League-esque content, what about the individual adventures of heroes? Bats on his nightly patrol, Superman stopping some bank robbery, etc. Perhaps a daily instance of stopping either a bank robbery, stopping getaway cars, gang wars, taking down mafia safehouses, etc.

As said earlier, more duos.

More solo content. I found myself running ace chemicals solo yesterday, and it was genuinely fun. I'm a fully geared T5 troll, but the experience of it being a moderate challenge was fun. I couldn't jump into the center of the room, spam powers and be done with it, I could win, but I still had to play it smart. Sticky Grenade the first target to start pot early, 2nd & 3rd thug are kind of close, Gauss Grenade to stun them. Take out at least one of them before Experiment 505 gets to me and I get bogged down...Too close, pop distract, and slip shot away, more Gauss Grenades, keep distance, have my suppressor turret finish mopping the rest up...You get the idea. It feels like a sort of Arkham-City-esque gameplay. Solo content that makes you feel like the hero you've created, challenging, but beatable. The Ace & Strykers were okay, but they were pretty short and certain roles had it easier than others.

Armor Vendor UI - It can be confusing to the uninitiated to find their proper gear, whether it's prec based dps armor, might based dps armor, tank, troll, etc. It should be broken down into a hierarchy, like the way files are organized:

T5 Armor
    Precision Based DPS Armor
    -Helm
    -Chest
    -Legs
    -Shoulders
    -Hands
    -Waist
    -Boots
    -Cape
    Might Based DPS Armor
    -Helm
    -Chest
    -Legs
    -Shoulders
    -Hands
    -Waist
    -Boots
    -Cape
    Controller Armor
    -Helm
    -Chest
    -Legs
    -Shoulders
    -Hands
    -Waist
    -Boots
    -Cape

And so on and so forth.
    • Like x 2
  10. Fifinella Well-Known Player

I think they should add things like scarves, pantyhose, and stockings (amongst other items) to the Accessories Tab in addition to the Auras.
    • Like x 1
  11. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I would also like if items in the neck and ring sockets actually showed up....
    • Like x 1
  12. jallenw23 New Player

Yeah it would be nice if they went back and work on the smaller details during the dead period of a dlc release. We usually have that one to three month gap they could do game updates although they usually break the game(GU 28). I'm huge comic book and I think everyone is this game would like to make backstory for their character. The could add that on the character screen as you come in and would be a welcome addition.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jake reaper New Player

Weekly tournaments. Each team would be made of 4 or so and battle the rest of dcuo to win a prize
    • Like x 1
  14. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Rainbow Aura?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. sophiefatale New Player

I personally am looking forward to the celestial powers however it would be nice to have a new city to explore or at least unbottle half of Metro and expand Central City for a short term goal. The Hair and clothing styles for females are too few to me as well at this point I've chosen one look and eventually something better will come along. As for Panty hose, on a side note, thats part of my costume. You can buy them for cash or loyalty points in the marketplace. Really I am just looking to get that PS4 ASAP to avoid loading problems. And a last point better villian content!
    • Like x 1
  16. Covalence New Player

Maybe a few new mentors? One I thought of (not sure if it has been brought up before) was Shazam/Captain Marvel for heroes and Black adam for villains, and you start in Khandaq when Isis was alive.
    • Like x 2
  17. Jake reaper New Player

A few new character inspiration. Hawkman, nightwing, robin, two face, the riddler, Harley Quinn,etc.
  18. Jake reaper New Player

New Dlc Atlantis. Orange aura or black aura.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jake reaper New Player

New power!!!!!! METAL!!!!
  20. Covalence New Player

That could be more mentors. Aquaman for heroes, Ocean Master for villain, and you start in atlantis. :p