Is This a Good Nature PvP setup?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Wulfbeau, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Wulfbeau New Player

(Hope this thread is in right spot) So I am very new to this game. I decided to make a nature guy and pvp with him.
    I think I can manage the skills but the powers and layout I am not sure about so far I have this. I will post what I have and why, please let me know if my way of thinking is wrong and what I can do to make it better :D. Thanks for your time in reading this.

Plants:
    Vine Lash: Have to have it to go further in the tree.
    Blossom: Quick Basic heal for survival.
    Thorn Shield: Defensive move, knocks down enemies and reduces damage, good for throwing off a little bit of someone's burst or a lesser get away tool/interrupt.
    Briar: Does heavy damage and stun.
    Chaotic Growth: Does Extreme damage.

Shapeshifting:
    Roar: Have to have it and does good damage.
    Primal Wolf Form: Primary combat form, almost always in this form.
    Rampage: Increase damage output and slight heals.
    Canine Form: Does nice damage, nice heal, and have to have it for Carnage.
    Carnage: Increase damage output.

Ionic Powers:
    Nanoweave Armor: Defensive ability-reduces incoming damage slightly.
    Powerful Resistance: Health increase!
    Wisdom of Solomon: Slightly bigger pools.
    Weapons Expert: Damage Increase
    Tactical Genius: Damage Increase.

Thats what I have for powers...now what my layout is.

Damage: Roar, Wolf Form, Canine Form, Thorn Shield, Chaotic Growth, Blossom
    Primal Wolf Form: Roar, Carnage, Rampage, Chaotic Growth, Blossom, Shift Back

I like to go for being able to survive alot of punishment and being able to deal alot of punishment.

2. Chungweishan New Player

Note that's it been a very long time since I used Nature, and I mostly used it for damage not healing.

1. Don't worry about the Iconic Powers innates other than Tactical Genius and Weapon Expert. The increases in health, power, and toughness isn't that great compared to Gear stats, so it's a waste of power points.

2. Since Game Update 28, Movement Powers have Debuffs against Support Roles (Healers, Controllers, Tanks). I would consider getting all three debuffs since they also remove their shields (very useful). I usually have two in my loadout (for example: My Flight character has Downdraft and Swoop), then switch them around depending who I'm fighting in either Open-World PvP or Arenas.

3. This was before GU28, but I concentrated more on Damage Over Time powers using Poison:
    Vine Lash -> canceled the animation (ie. clipping) Hive Mind (Might buff) -> Briar (for the damage buff) -> Savage Growth -> Thorn Shield. I didn't use Wolf Form because I was terrible with the attack combos even though I would get a Critical Damage Boost. As much as I liked the Canine Form because it's silly, it wasn't terribly useful because I lacked high enough Might to make a difference.

4. Lately, I've seen lots of players use Gorilla Form, especially for Healers, because it switches the "role" to tank and has pretty good damage. It's a SC though, and somewhat easy to figure out the attacks for enemies to counter.

5. For the most part, as a Damage Dealer, you want to use powers that have 50%+ Damage Buffs like Impaling Thorns or Briar. The buff lasts for about 5 seconds until you use another power, attack combo, or blocked/countered.

6. Be somewhat conservative with your powers. Even though I was Might-based, it's useless if I run out of power trying to set up a bunch of DoTs. So concentrate on countering your opponent. Move around, if you can, to avoid AoEs and/or disorient your opponent.
  3. ALBERTxxFISH New Player

honestly if your a dps you don't even need heals all I use I have t4 pvp with mods and im a nature martial arts I use.....
    1. vine lash
    2. thorn shield
    3. savage growth
    4. briar
    5. hive mind
    those are the main ones that I use I don't even use a super charge and I deal a lot of damage I use hive mind because I focus on my power moves and it adds an additional 270+ might
    • Like x 1
  4. Kyd Kupa New Player

I use a totally different setup since i don't care for wolf
    My powers are
    Plants Tree
    Vine, throne shield, briar, impaling thorns, savage growth, harvest, swarm, blossom, bloom, and cross pollination
    Shape shifting tree
    Roar, metabolism, pterodactyl form, and the heal supercharge
    Iconic Tree
    Weapons expert, tactical genius

My loadout from left to right is : savage growth, briar, impaling thorns, bloom, vine lash, thorn shield

So fir the rotation, I do a quick combo like spin chop with 1h and apply thorn lash dot then clip it with bloom.
    Then i jump cancel bloom and apply briar. Now you have two dots on the target then you can do a weapon combo and clip it with savage growth.
    Now there are three dots on the target and you can use thorn shield to spread those dots to everyone in melee range around you. And use impaling thorns for the finisher when they are under 35%
    • Like x 1
  5. Wulfbeau New Player

Thanks for the feed back, it helped a lot! ^^
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You can use Harvest, briar, SG, thorn shield, impaling thorns and for the last spot you can put in another poision if you want or use regen to heal you and your team and give you back some power. It really all depends on what your situation is, if you have no heals you can use regen but if you do use another dot.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

I would lean more in this direction.