People complaining about the bad loot drops in t5...there is a solution.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Peacemakaz, Jul 22, 2013.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I don't know if this will help the folks who are upset about the loot tables, but this is how I look at the situation:

When Prime was released, we were all super-excited about the gold helmet - the Helm of Omnipotence. It was a very very rare drop, but when you got it, you were very excited and only the most hardcore of players replayed the raid over and over to get that one drop because of the low percentages.

I think that the Lvl 87 stuff is supposed to be equivalent as far as rarity/excitement is concerned, so I look at it in the same way as the Prime Helm: the kind of thing that only a small percentage of the community will ever have.
  2. Corrupted Ertai New Player

You left out the part where SINCE LAUNCH no tier gear has ever been given out like candy from EVERY boss in said tiers raids and even at the end of alerts. Seems like a hell of a contradiction to me. Definitely open to interpretation without official word.
  3. D0SE New Player

Exactly, people need to start acting with their wallets. I ran nexus with this tank last week that probably had the biggest ego I've ever encountered in this game ( an astounding feat, I know). He said he's been re-running nexus SEVERAL times a day, every day, for weeks. He said he found that he'd spent close to TWO GRAND in replay badges, and has only ever seen one piece of 87 tank gear.... I can only imagine how many other suckers in this game have just been lining the devs pockets hoping they can just buy the highest end pve gear. They are laughing at you, and I am laughing too. Go learn how to pvp.
    • Like x 4
  4. Corrupted Ertai New Player

That's incredibly heavy handed coming from a league that basically has a Globo-Gym type attitude about the rest of the community. The league motto is basically "We're better than you, and we KNOW it!"
  5. TheAkuma Well-Known Player

100% true. Not sure why people are arguing with the fact. A perfect example was when One Pieced did the Epic Odyssey feat and there were like 12 pieces of loot that dropped and I believe there were like 2 pieces of purple in there
  6. Corrupted Ertai New Player

There is no dispute of how much loot drops. The question is why do I get just as much purple loot when I don't leave stuff up as when I do leave stuff up? I have done both enough to have seen good and bad drops with both and I see no pattern whatsoever. It's a question of quality, not quantity. He is basically making the claim that the extra loot provided by the side bosses has a chance to turn into 87 gear. I think that is just incorrect.

I saw 3 87 pieces drop at once a few days ago in Nexus. DPS feet, waist, and a weapon. Oh and a plan. It's ALL LUCK. It has nothing to do with the conditions of the win.
  7. D0SE New Player

Lol at the Globo-Gym comparison sir, touche. Honestly, that attitude comes from select individuals in the league on these forums. We have plenty of humble players in the league.
  8. Strahd Von Zarovich New Player

Yeah.. i have been playing another mmo for a week now. My subscription is still going for another 2 months and i don´t know if i am going to renew it.

Btw... after seen a mmo with real content i must say that expending hours collectiong exobits is bs.
  9. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I thought leaving the side bosses up was only to increase the chance for more 86 gear and weapons, i don't think it has anything to do with 87 gear
  10. Master Manipulator New Player

it doesnt matter what you leave up...

The loot just looks better cause your getting so much at once...

Stop it!
    • Like x 2
  11. Bonehate New Player

First of all, I do not play DC for 2 weeks, and I just played with my friends, and I'm Hero and you are a Villain, there's no way we played together. Do not come here saying that you've played with me and know me, taking conclusions about my personality. You just saw that I've done many times seeing my historical posts (https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...er-nexus-loot-rant.163280/page-2#post-1880129). If you do not have anything to comment, then do not say anything, better than inventing stories...

PS: I get my new T4 PVP gear in the first week of the season
  12. Logroe New Player

Hes not talking about you, HE WAS AGREEING WITH YOU. He just stated that he was running with a certain tank NOT YOU that spent a lot just to replay nexus.
  13. D0SE New Player

.... I was actually agreeing with your previous post, and was referring to a different tank. I can see how that may have been confusing though.
    • Like x 3
  14. Bonehate New Player

lol, I'm tank, looked like you were talking about me, sorry for the confusion
  15. Corrupted Ertai New Player

I know. I run with some of them. But then you get guys like Savage Sith. Man. That guy has a problem with EVERYONE. Mostly because he is "better than 99% of the players will ever be." His words the last time i spoke to and ignored him. He is one of the most active pug players in your league and believe me, he does nothing but make people hate your league more every single day he logs in.

And p.s. I think I know which tank you were talking about. And he does talk a lot, but he is friendly and he helps a lot of people.
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The thing is though, it cant be...The Prime helmet has under a 5% chance of dropping (Ive never seen it fall in well over 40 runs) and isnt a part of a full set, whereas Traces in Time has a full suit as well as a feat tied with it...And enough people in the game have it now, that we know it drops with more regularity than that, just very rarely
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The problem lies in how quickly it takes to get geared up vs the reward for beating the content that spoon feeds you equivalent gear

When you run content in any MMO you expect to be rewarded for your time, but when you shorten the time it takes for you to get to the "Top tier" to the extent that they did (84 marks a week without stepping into a raid) and then on top of that have every boss drop gear that is equivalent to the top tier, then youre only chance of getting gear is for the last boss in each raid...1 of those raids has much greater difficulty and tons of flaws, so whats the point of running it if you arent guaranteed to improve your toon?

Who would want to sit through the headache that is Paradox when the same reward can be achieved in Nexus far easier and with less problems?

The loot tables should be adjusted...Even if you dont touch Nexus (which id be fine with), Paradox's loot tables should be completely overhauled
  18. D0SE New Player

LOL, ya, sith gets knocked down a few pegs every time he tries to duel people in league though
  19. Corrupted Ertai New Player

It isn't the same reward though. They drop different gear pieces. Nexus drops certain pieces and Wave drops the rest. Same with weapons. The only thing they have in common is the ability to drop plans and 87 necks.
  20. Corrupted Ertai New Player

His mouth is a huge part of the reason people hate ALL of you guys though. He intentionally tries to be a spokesperson for your league when he pugs stuff. Then proceeds to trash the integrity and perceived intelligence of everyone in your league. Think about the way he acts. That is how people see your whole league dude.
    • Like x 2