People complaining about the bad loot drops in t5...there is a solution.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Peacemakaz, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Well, I am telling you with 100% certainty that this is not a rumor. It is becoming an accepted fact among the informed players that leaving more bosses increases your loot chances. I am just making a specific post dedicated to sharing this information because 9 players out of 10 don't know this yet.
    • Like x 1
  2. Corrupted Ertai New Player

I see nothing to indicate that the gear they are alluding to is the 85 item level pieces. Am I blind or are you just guessing?
  3. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Maybe you're just lucky and my groups aren't. This was the theory the first week of the DLC, that different combinations would drop better loot in Nexus, more bosses up would drop better loot in Paradox. It might increase chances but it might be your imagination too. Controller traces feet dropped from Wave with no sub bosses up and 2 86 pieces dropped from 1 boss up. Devs should just chime in and explain what the deal is. There's no reason to be silent about it or keep it a secret.
    • Like x 1
  4. Corrupted Ertai New Player

And 98 out of 100 players can't even try this strategy. They will fail. This has not worked for people I know and runs I have been in on multiple occasions. Not saying it is false. Just saying it sounds more like a "If you don't wipe in Prime the head will drop more often" kind of thing. Just a group of good players with good luck and crap tons of replays trying to form a pattern out of nothing. Trying to spread this will cause people to try it when they aren't ready for it and fail after fail will cause a resurgence in "Nerf Wave!" threads.
    • Like x 1
  5. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

iv still only been able to kill the first 2, been close on the back 2 a couple of times

but after just like 2 hours in this raid everyone starts to get headaches and fatigue from the stupid walls pulsing all the time
    • Like x 4
  6. Peacemakaz Committed Player

I am not sure about nexus, but every high end league that runs paradox wave has come to the conclusion that more bosses simply yields in more loot drops. Take the word of every league who has ran paradox wave multiple times with multiple bosses up, over the leagues who beat paradox wave with no bosses up.

Something that seems to be lost is even if you were 2000%(random number) more likely to get an item, doesn't mean that you will because the loot tables are admittedly very bad, but if you don't take that extra chance, it is your own fault if you aren't satisfied.
    • Like x 1
  7. Corrupted Ertai New Player

Sad for you. You are nice person... but you are Hero. Come to the dark side and we can walk you into Wave and finish. We did the back half of it yesterday with 5 guys because of disconnects.
    • Like x 1
  8. Corrupted Ertai New Player

We run it 2 or 3 times a day and we never take everything down. Usually leave up the front 2. I'm telling you, it's luck, not pattern.
  9. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

pretty much the same story for me bud.
    ... been in there with some beast groups but after 2-3 hours people just get taxed.

in a way its good to know the drops suck tho, lol.
    at least i dont feel compelled to join a league just to run this one raid.
    TBH, most of the vet players i know that are running with their top league groups are still not finishing this raid.

maybe the ps3 is hurtin this raid, i dunno, but my mentality ATM is i plan on not running dox much more until t6-7 comes out, smh.
  10. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Question for people completing this raid.

1. can you give some tips on the back 2 bosses

2. when leaving bosses up is the strategy to kill the side bosses first or do you ignore them and only go after the main boss

3. what is your group setup, 2 healers or 4 dps
    • Like x 1
  11. Objeckt Well-Known Player

I'm in a high end league and wave has been on farm status for awhile now. I also raid with other leagues including yours and yes some people have been telling me that the loot is better with more bosses up. I've heard things like leaving this boss up will drop this role's feet and that boss will drop that weapon. I just haven't seen it and don't necessarily believe it. Whatever "chance" there is that gets increased, it isn't very good and doesn't seem like much of a difference. Time will tell though once more people keep dumping replays into it. Doesn't matter much to me though.
  12. Corrupted Ertai New Player

Go standard group setup if you are just trying to finish. If you can't finish it yet DO NOT LEAVE BOSSES UP. And to answer your first question.... those bosses live and die with the tank. Every phase of those fights will wipe you if the tank doesn't see it coming or isn't ready for it. If he doesn't grab aggro back every time the sentinel jumps it will start killing the group with its ranged pearl spit attack. If the tank tries to tank him straight up he will just die every time. You have to kite him. Period. And the Tank needs to be aware of where his health is because that is what triggers ad spawns. Also never forget that ads USUALLY spawn 2 waves at a time. One set then another once the last guys falls.

As for the Ravager (fountain boss)... bring him to the top of the hill and let him kill Lex. If you don't go too far back you won't grab the hallway ads and if Lex is down you have to put up with the 1-shot beam every once in a while, but the ads that spawn at the end of the tunnle will ignore you and you can just burn down the boss in 3 to 4 minutes with good DPS. Tank is the key though. He has to know how to keep the boss where he wants him. If he turns and tries to rush people the tank needs to get in his way and stop his movement. Pinning him against a wall behind some of the fountains makes this 10 times easier.

Hope that helps.
    • Like x 1
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

The strongest gear in the game being luck based, takes all the fun out of the game.

/End Thread
    • Like x 2
  14. Peacemakaz Committed Player

I personally have no idea who you are...Maybe you were the guy who applied for the league and we ended up carrying through the content, only for one of our dps to be ninja looted out of a dps piece by you? Idk tho, whats your in game name?

But the fact of the matter is that you LITERALLY receive an extra loot drop for each additional boss you don't kill in the tunnels. This should be an obvious indication to everyone that you have also increased the chances of getting what you want. 2 drops is fine, but 3 is better than 2, and 4 is better than 3.

Just because when 4 pieces of gear drops and you don't get an 87 piece shouldn't make you think that you have the same chances of receiving loot as when only two pieces drop.
  15. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Just a basic recap, think of wave as a lottery. You get 2 tickets for beating it, and an additional ticket for each side boss up. Just because you are not winning the lottery because of the extra tickets, shouldn't make you ignore the fact that you have increased your chances significantly. This shouldn't be that hard to follow.
  16. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Um no I have never applied to your league nor do I want to. And for you to even make a comment like that made me remember why I can't take anything you say seriously. Good luck buddy.
  17. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Alright catch you around, I haven't really pugged wave...ever...so it seemed that there was a pretty high probability that you were simply lying. The fact that you won't tell me who you are, but claim to raid with my league is...kind of ridiculous...
    • Like x 1
  18. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Nah you just make assumptions again. You know as well as I do how small the villain side is so its pretty nieve to think the people who run the T5 raids on the regular haven't run across eachother.
  19. Corrupted Ertai New Player

This thread is becoming unproductive. Let's keep it civil fellas.
    • Like x 2
  20. Bonehate New Player

The point is, SOE will not change the loot table. She did not even take the trouble to give a decent satisfaction. So no point to stay here complaining and continue playing, buying replay badges... What I and some friends did was stop playing, we're playing another MMO and while the SOE does not change his policy we also will not change ours. A company can not listen to all your customers complaining about something and not do anything to change. Does she not think that there are other stronger competitors in the market?
    • Like x 8