At Work

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Robinton, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I don't work overnight, but I do work 8 hour shifts at the Laundromat, and sometimes I will get extremely, extremely slow periods when I am unable to do anything at all but sit and twiddle my thumbs. I know I'm allowed to bring my laptop with me and use it on my downtime, but I'm always afraid that doing so would make me look lazy or uninterested in my job, so I usually just leave it at home. What I do instead is either listen to the radio or flip through the TV channels (we have a huge flat screen that's visible from my office) until I can find something to watch. Sometimes, I'll take out a piece of paper and brainstorm some ideas for my writing, or I will just doodle for a while. Other times, I'll try to find more work to do. My workload is always unpredictable, because customer influx is always unpredictable, so I want to be sure I'm prepared for anything.
  2. QueenxAurelia New Player

-_- Every job i've worked was in a restaurant and I didn't get breaks (Also was forced to work way too many hours while in school...).. Whenever we were slow i'd talk among co-workers. But for now, I quit and am enjoying my summer.. Though I have to get another job soon (I want this 2003 Mustang really bad.. Out of money, though) on top of college.. T~T I'll miss you once again, DC.
  3. Fabulessa New Player

My friend has a similar job to this, if not the exact same job, and sometimes I wonder why she doesn't get more frustrated. I think you do an awful lot and it requires attentive energy, more so than a traditional office job would (which I work and can tell you is less stress than people make it out to be). Either way, I understand how hard it must be to do missions and such. But, then again, I can't even access Facebook or an outside the company E Mail at my job. At least you get the satisfaction of knowing you make a difference to the people you work with though. I know they must appreciate you being there for sure.
  4. StillCheckmate Committed Player